TKing for "not playing the game right"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Lord Robert

I think a lack of understanding of this very important point is what people are struggling with.

If I want to help you out and be your buddy and role play a soldier who wants to take the point with you, I'll join your squad/outfit, etc.

If not, its none of your business what I do, or how I have fun.
    I am not here for you.
    • Up x 7
  2. Valena

The only time I ever intentionally TKed someone was when I was playing with a friend who was air humping me, so I sniped him in the face and we had a laugh.
    • Up x 1
  3. illgot

I've tossed down C4 and set it off right after capping an amp station. 20 VS huddled in a pile near the control point.

Killed them all, someone resed us, most laughed, some unbalanced children raged. I had fun.
  4. Dingus148

Meh, I'll pay that. If they're griefing or being *****, killing the sundy is fair enough. But people like The Enclave used to kill friendly sundies as a matter of course (because they "know better")....that sort of stuff is just unacceptable.
  5. K3STR3L

So I would be an unbalanced child for taking offence at you killing me for your own lame entertainment? I have to wonder who the child really is.
    @ OP I feel your pain, just report, move on, and don't let the self entitled brat get to you.
    • Up x 4
  6. Gendomaoken

If i saw group of 5-8 people sitting and shooting thru spawn shields i would C4 them aswell, for being total waste of human resources.
    He didnt TK you for not playing the way he wants. He TKed you for not playing at all. Because shooting thru spawn shields is not playing.
  7. NinjaTurtle

Funny that people have this attitude in a team based game and this is hardly a great game for immersion.

Shame others don't like to actually win
  8. Kubor

Well there you go people.

I'm sure that right now as I type this SOE is rewriting the TOS for Planetside 2 because "Gendomaoken" from the Internet thinks you shouldn't play the game the way that you choose :rolleyes:

I'm glad I was growing up long before the Internet existed and didn't have to deal with you weirdo Internet tough guys.

Half you people aren't as tough as you make yourselves out to be and would probably cry yourselves to sleep if you got a 3 day ban for griefing.

Fresh air people. Get some.
    • Up x 7
  9. Gendomaoken

Wow, thats rich from you. Internernet tough guy, my ***.
    The thing people like you are doing in spawn is the reason warfare games dont have spawn rooms.
    Small minded people sit in a spawn room, hoping to get a kill on some total ****** running in front of shields. Wow im some tough guy to say you fail at combat-based game. Tactics, organisation, does that say anything to you? Of course not, its more fun to sit in a spawn room and lose base.
    You can big mouth as much you want, it doesnt change the fact that losing side sits inside room, while winning side camps them. You wont change anything from isnide. And thats the moral of the whole story. You-Are-Useless.
    Oh and you could re-read TOS again, cause "griefing" happens, when you are being killed REPEATEDLY by one person. 3 day ban, huh. World is huge and theres tons of things to do outside PS2. Nice argument, but it works better in games like WoW, than in shooters.
  10. Macchus

Can you kill an something that was dead on arrival ?
  11. Macchus

I think it would help if Capping points and winning alerts actually meant anything lol ..
  12. Macchus

IM pretty positive that sitting behind the shield has NOTHING to do with fear of any sort . maybe irritation , but thats it ....
  13. Macchus

go play more games ... you sound like a f'in n00b ... BF series now features entire areas of the map that are cutoff for spawn points ... TRIBES 1 had pretty close to invincible spawn rooms . ive played other games with protected spawn areas as well . ITS JUST THAT IN PS2 THEY DECIDED TO PUT MOST SPAWN AREAS SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF WIDE OPEN SPACES AND IN WIERD OPEN SPOTS IN BASES . you blame the players when it is a design CHOICE !! plus anytime im ever in a spawn room and witness tking its 1 GUY BEING AN ARMCHAIR NUB GENERAL . reminds of being in a WoW Battleground and that one guy who tries to take charge , CAUSE NO ONE IS DOING IT RIGHT . i think that WoW is actually the perfect place for the Spawn roomTK/younoplayright crowd .
    • Up x 1
  14. Kubor

Now now.

Just remember. Go outside in the fresh air. I promise it won't hurt. The bright light might for a bit, but that will wear off, honestly.

You'll probably see these creatures with two arms, two legs, some stuff on top called "hair". They'll probably make a sound out of a hole in the middle of their face. It's called a mouth. You have one of those too. You can make sounds back at them. It's called "talking". You'll get the hang of it after a while. Possibly even enjoy it.

Don't worry if these creatures are not keyboard shaped either. Also, don't panic if they don't have an oblong shape on top with pictures in it. That's quite normal in what we call "outside".

There's a ton of other things I could teach you about "outside". But at least half the fun is in the learning, so I won't spoil that bit for you.

You'll thank me for this one day :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Gendomaoken

Wow, rage more please.
    But yes, this game is full of bad design choices. Many of those choices make cert-farming more important than objective play.
    About WoW community. Its just as bad as PS2 community. Its good i gave up on that **** long ago.

Kubor, arent you getting tired of repeating whole sentence continously in the topic. You defend players who exploit bad design of the game, and assault players who try to play it as a proper wargame, where objective play matters.
    Give me a good counter argument now, please.
  16. Kubor

I don't know why people play that way. It's not something that I would enjoy.

I just know that people have every right to do so in peace if that's how they want to spend their game time.

We had the same problem in Planetside 1, but in a slightly different way. Some people liked to destroy two of the three spawn tubes in a base spawn room and stand in front of the last one, either in a MAX, or with their HA weapon poking inside the tube, killing hapless respawns in their PJ's before they even had a chance to react. Not even pain fields could stop that practice.

Some people took umbrage to that and TK'd their own team mates for spawn camping, even though it was a perfectly valid and legitimate (and boring) tactic.

The moral of the story is, if people are not breaking the rules,cheating, or exploiting, then they have every right to play the game the way that they want to. It's not up to some self appointed pseudo cyber vigilante to police other players. Those people are the ones that are actually playing the game "wrong".
    • Up x 2
  17. Yasa

What if I consider players not 'playing the game right' as harassment?
    They are, after all, disrupting my game by not taking objectives and feeding the enemy free certs.
    Deploying sundies at bad positions, destroying enemy terminals, and spawning AMS-less/stock sundies that serve as exp balloons for the enemy, these are some situations where a good TK-ing will benefit the faction.
  18. PS2Freak

Wow. The man with hoard and clutter syndrome, speak about "unbalanced" children raged.

you really ill in your head if you call what you did - fun.

hahaha, soe capped your certs at 10.000 hahahahahaha, some illgot raged, but i had fun.. hahaha. feels good?
  19. PS2Freak

then you doing it wrong. this way think only not grown up children with some uber-ego.. there is no "my game" this is all Our game.

you can Think what you want, but you cant Do what you want
    • Up x 1
  20. Macchus

the difference being that you are intentionally tking specific people , Targeting them , if you will , for an imaginary crime that only you and a select few have deemed criminal . People dont specifically target you when they think " oh we are outnumbered ill just sit in the spawn room and get some kills and pushout if we get reinforcements "!

also nothing in your list is a tkable offense ... stop being a vigalante and stop defending your twisted morality .

you are actually worse then any spawnroom camper for being an unofficial PS2 police officer ...
    • Up x 1