TKing for "not playing the game right"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Jul 12, 2013.

1. JonnyBeanTown

Then what do you suggest they do? At least this way you can attempt to clear out the area so your not being camped. It's not the mechanic that's the problem, it's the players who stay inside.
  2. Macchus

in response to your p.s. i feel the same lol ...

ill just say im neutral on the whole spawn shield camp thing . SOE is to blame for any issues imo . i mean they even had a bonus for getting kills near the spawn room i believe (may have been removed since) .

p.s. oh yeah i get like this when ive run out and havent hit the bong lol :|
  3. Macchus

ive said it before , ill say it again .... DOORS... no one ever shot out of or shot into a spawn room in PS1 without first openeing a door in some way . Towers were always a different matter , but for some strange reason they have reversed that , and now towers are the only bases you cant shoot out from the spawn room ....
  4. Kubor

You don't get out much do you?
    • Up x 3
  5. Kubor

Some people in this thread need to get outside a bit more often and get some sunlight. Maybe talk to some people, perhaps make a friend or two while they're at it.

I'm all for enjoying a game, but Planetside 2 is just that, a game.

Stop taking it all so seriously and remember that you're just pressing some keys on a keyboard and steering some pixels around on a screen.

When all is said and done, we're all just regular people on the other side of the keyboard.
    • Up x 3
  6. usages wnbgrintooth

LOL funny thing is...the person who did that will be the one crying because no one will repair or heal them...this sort of thing happens more and more with the TR on Waterson now so I just tend to ignore everyone even when playing a medic or engi...why heal someone who will just as likely kill you a few seconds later anyway.
    • Up x 2
  7. Van Dax

Well hiding in the spawn is one of the things that are killing this game.
    • Up x 3
  8. Menelek

I just hate it when people ignore completely the tunnel that will take them to point A and just sit there like idiots missing 90 % of their shots, trying to hit something from the spawn room exits, i always find myself with a couple of people at most taking the tunnel and dying like idiots trying to defend the base, but i never go to the extent of TKing, tunnel which is very difficult to spot for new people by the way SOE, you guys should add some kind of light signalization, BIG SHINNY LIGHTS WITH BIG ARROWS
    • Up x 3
  9. Anti-Skub

I absolutely understand the guys impulse. You might think it's harmless what you're doing, but your refusal to participate ruins the game for other people, why shouldn't they ruin the game for you?
    • Up x 1
  10. Lord Robert

SOE really needs to step up the banning of people who grief others by intentionally TKing them. It would only take a few coming to the boards complaining about how they were just trying to "help the team" by C4ing dozens of friendlies in the spawn room when they got banned for it for the rest of the entitled kiddie greifers to take notice and start leaving people alone. As it is now they let people get away with this childish crap far too often.
    • Up x 4
  11. Serell

There's a tunnel? Wow, I didn't know. I took a break from this for a while and came back. Must say that tunnel if there is one sure isn't easy to spot.
  12. Tekuila

Should get banned for being a shield hero.
  13. FaLI3N

Eh haven't done it before but I can see where he is coming from. If you are ruining the game for others by not helping out in a team based game then I have no problem with him ruining it for you. Sounds like you were mad your precious k/d got hurt so you ran to the forums crying. If someone in a sports game was just sitting down doing nothing he would be removed from the team, deal with it.
  14. LayZ

Love some of the folks falling over themselves complaining "OMG guise, he's not playing the game the way its supposed to be played". Some of these idiots will participate in events that don't help their empire in any way like flash races or jumping harassers off cliffs. Is that playing the game the way its supposed to be played?

So what. If the guy is in your squad/platoon/outfit, just kick them out. If its some random guy, so what, leave them alone. I swear some of you act worse than my four year old.
    • Up x 5
  15. smokemaker

There is this opinion floating around that there is a right way to play and a wrong way to play PS2. You must log in and help your team. If you are not rushing with me you are wrong.

I say there is no wrong way to play this game ( inside of gaming rules ).

I say that I did not log in to help you, nor must I.

I say that I am here for my personal enjoyment, regardless of your wants or wishes.

I am not here to take or defend any base. I could not care less how far the enemy gets.

I do not join squads, I do not talk to others unless I'm am responding to their tears.

I may throw some yells out in an attempt to goat others into anger but that's it.

I am here for the simple pleasure of killing. I will kill you with any weapon I choose. There is no such thing as a bad kill. There is no such thing as a noob weapon. There is no such thing as needing to display a "skill" before one kills another.

You exist for 1 reason only. To be my target.

If for some strange reason you see me in your faction, know this: Its not because i am there to help you. I am there to use you. Your death keys me into enemy locations, your body may shield me from enemy bullets. I have no issues using you for bait to get at an enemy. And I will gladly let you go thru the door 1st to clear out the mines.

So if you are getting frustrated because your teammates are not helping you... Know this : They do not have too.
    • Up x 5
  16. Bill Hicks

I salute that man who c- 4'd you.

" I wasn't in the mood for big fights or being a hero " what is the point of video games if you are not going to be the hero or even the villain? maybe tetris is more your thing ?

I take it you are NC? Too many cowards joined the NC in the last few months. Probably summer break college and school kids who get dizzy if there is too much violence.

Why are people scared to die in video games? I remember back in the day video games ate your quarters! and we still didnt care. Throw your life away and you will often find yourself alive on top a pile of bodies.

He who dares, wins
  17. illgot

yeah it is, one person put their Sunderer blocking the exit from the teleport room and set up their turret in the other door. They were trying to trap people and keep them out for some reason.

I just blew up the sunderer and turret then moved on.
  18. Bill Hicks

Good idea, guy!
  19. Lord Robert

Except thats not against the rules.

See the difference?
    • Up x 2
  20. Badmagic362

I have only once TK'ed someone. A guy was driving over friendly's intentionally with a Harasser left and right. So I c4'ed it. He got a flash and continued so I once again I resupplied and reapplied c4. Told the guy he had to have his toys taken away.
    • Up x 3