TKing for "not playing the game right"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Killy80

I really wish you would have read my initial post. Really. Because I'm addressing just that.
    My actions were totally within the rules. His were not. Exactly as I stated and provided a link to the RoC.

Before you rant next time, please, please read the whole thing, okay? What you write might not be as smart as you think.
    • Up x 1
  2. Killy80

The current system is simply too spawncamping friendly. THat's the problem, but a different story.
    • Up x 1
  3. NC_Edacyn

Had a guy with anger issues blow me up from his vanguard, and I was in my ATV. I did nothing to him, he just felt like TK'ng me. I sent him a whisper asking him "what's up", he got all pissed off at me, and said if I showed my face again he'd TK me again.

So I pulled a sunderer, and this time I drove up to his tank. He shot me dead in my sunderer, then I pulled a lightning, drove up to him again, never firing a shot on him. And repeated it with another vanguard.

After that he goes on a tirade about how I grief locked him, and I never said a word to him. I'm thinking, I just drove up to you, you shot me up, and you get grief locked, and you're mad at ME?

Best tool against tools. Use their own anger against them. So yah he got grief locked and logged off.

It cost me resources, and about 15 minutes of my time, but it was so worth putting these angry babies in check.
    • Up x 6
  4. Kevorkian

He just wanted to "relax" and abuse a game mechanic for cheap kills. If he had no chance of breaking out, he should have redeployed to another base and either prepare for defense or counter attack. And spawn campers, though almost as bad, aren't hiding behind immunity. If you are pinned inside your spawn and know the fight is over, why waste your own faction/squad/outfit's time by hanging out in the spawn room for some charity kills? Only scrubs do that.
    • Up x 2
  5. Hantak

The only shields i recall beign that way are the shields on amp stations/tech plants/bio domes and the ones on the top floor on towers.
    The first group of shields i can live with them beign that way, since they are very big and allow you to have a rather clear vision of what you are stepping into if you decide to cross it. Not to mention they are located on the very heart of those stations, getting there its usually a sign of having gained control of most of the ground around that said base.

The ones on the top floor on towers are a pain. I dont understand how bases where improved to be more defensible if we have such things.
    The first floor has this small shield and a pain field for people standing virtually 2 meters away from it, you have almost 0 visibility to the sides and usually pushing that way leads to get killed by some tank.
    The 3rd floor gives players a bit more room but still funnels them into a corridor wich can be camped on both ends, leading to the middle area wich is usually camped since you can control the stairs, you have visibility to 4 meters of the hallway and a portion of the middle area.
    The spawn are provides access to a single shield wich is usually camped by vehicles facing the tower and by infantry standing on the rails under the aircraft landingpads, once the base is camped going out there usually gets you killed in 2 seconds.
    The top floor has 4 shields, wich dont allow shooting to the outside. Enemy players usually place mines here and wait on the landing pads or behind the protections designed to keep infantry safe from vehicles.

The one solution to mines is hoping some of your enemy fire to destroy the mine, or suicide into them. Since bases are supposed to be defensible i cannot take any of those solutions. Even for tougher enemies you can put an AV mine next to your Ai mine and there you go, and even with the res you will have at least 3 spawn kills more before the guy manages to get inside again.

The flow of battle is up to players, theres just so much that a game should do to direct player behaviour, most experienced players just get some kills until they realize they cannot advance there and redeploy on the next base to mount a defense or pull armor to come back.
    • Up x 1
  6. notyourbuddy

Players who remain in a spawn room for longer than 30 seconds should be deemed AFK and kicked from the server. Then the game should silently un-install itself without notifying the user.

Hire me SOE I have other good ideas.
    • Up x 8
  7. Kevorkian

SOE... hire this man right now.
    • Up x 2
  8. Hewter

I will TK everyone who does not get out of respawn if there is a chance we can recapture a point.

AGAIN , AND AGAIN , AND AGAIN,.

They can report me and you can ban me.

OR , you also can make that no one can kill anyone from inside respawn, and make this game good.

Thx, bye.
    • Up x 1
  9. treeHamster

Rules? You were wasting time and space on the server, picking your nose. If you're not going to be productive, don't cry like a baby when you get TK'd.
    • Up x 2
  10. Coffee Hound

I have been playing too long on an empire that has only about 22% - 27% global population, so being able to fire out of a spawn room is the only thing that has kept me online and playing on some nights. I'm sure all of the people here that don't like that would prefer that I ran out to get farmed by their tanks, Libs, ESFs, and the barrage of fire on the spawnroom shields. Aint gonna happen. I would rather just log out and play another game than be farm entertainment for an empire than outnumbers us 2 to 1 (or more).

Also, if you C4 people in the spawn room, don't be surprised if someone C4's you or your outfits Sunderer (or other vehicle) because they arbitrarily decide it's not in a good location... or whatever excuse they make up.

Oh, and this post below (and the others like it) is a good indicator that /report isn't very effective.

• Up x 3
  11. BlackDove

Are you sure it was a high BR TKing for people sitting in the spawn? I have never seen that happen before, although I have had low BR alt accounts C4 a spawn, attempt to TK sunderers, TK me as squad leader in my Magrider etc. You sure it wasn't a case of an enemy spy alt account TKing for a strategic advantage?

The TR on Briggs are the ones who did that to our squad. They did cap the base right after taking us all out too.

SOE should do something about the TK system in this game. It's ridiculous.

Edit: Saw that you said it was a high BR after I posted. Yeah, there are some high BR people on VS Briggs who TK for stupid reasons(I stole a kill from a BR100 and he TK'ed my Lightning with his Liberator for his sense of entitlement.

I have also had someone in my squad get harassed for using proximity voice chat(not doing anything wrong either, they just didn't like his voice), and repeatedly TK'ed him. They even went so far as to follow and harass him.
  12. Killy80

I was wasting MY time and I'm a member so I even paid for this space (not that it matters). I have every right in the world to waste as much time as I want to. Nobody else has the right to tell me how to play the game, especially not when he's trying to enforce it by something which is against the SoC, ToC, EULA or anything else we have to comply to.

If you park your car at a legal spot and someone randomly comes by and decides that spot sucks because for whatever reason, what would you say if he'd shatter your car to a pile of trash? Would you still say "Oh, but that guy didn't like what I did so he was right to destroy my car".
    • Up x 4
  13. WTSherman

One small note about explosives causing friendly fire: one of the biggest mistakes BF2142 made was that when FF was off, explosives did no damage to friendlies or yourself. As a result, every single server eventually ended up playing with FF off, and people endlessly spammed grenades because they did not have to worry about damaging allies or themselves.

In addition, it created a problem with "C4 hopping", where a Recon would use C4's high knockback to launch himself at you at high speed, taking no damage, toss another C4 in mid-air, and detonate it as he landed. The second C4 would kill you and anyone around you, while the Recon would walk away without taking any damage other than a couple bullets you might manage to land while he was in flight.

Needless to say, gameplay became cheesy and frustrating in the extreme.
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

Remind me to simply TK you instead if I ever see you. I'm happy to do it either way.
  15. Macchus

people who TK for staying in the spawn room are Actual n00bs . they think that them killing you will somehow encourage you to leave the spawn room . sometimes it works but not in the way these "vigilante" armchair generals think . People just spawn somewhere else . or if they are like me they TK the living holyhell out of the obnoxious TKer .
    • Up x 3
  16. Macchus

huh..

worst post you've ever created .

your advice is to move on .

if the odds are overwhelmingly against you why cant you sit in the spawn for the few minutes it takes to flip ?

will the few people who like to reverse camp really make a difference at any other battle ?

please explain why Duck hunt is the only apparent choice for the people who sometimes reverse camp ?

if you are pinned back why do you have to redeploy ?

why cant SOE come up with a way to eradicate this reverse camping if it seems to irk pro players like yourself ?

how is killing people not playing the game ?

Your basically advocating something that is ten time's worse when done in any game or any other situation , but somehow in your opinion its ok because people are abusing "spawn room mechanics" .

i think you need to reevaluate your leet Pro mlg vision of yourself ...
    • Up x 3
  17. AntonioAJC

TK should only be applied when the following happens:
    1. You get TKed for no reason and the guy doesn't apologize either in chat or voice.
    2. Guy is AFK in the middle of the battle field and not contributing to the battle (free certs for the enemy, must avoid that.).
    3. Poor guy crashed, we need to put his character out of his misery.

If the first one happens, then report the bastard.
  18. HadesR

^ This
    • Up x 1
  19. Kevorkian

huh..

my advice is solid .

if a player is vastly outnumbered, they should move on. why stay there to feed spawn campers kills? why stay there hoping to get a couple cheap kills themselves abusing spawn mechanics?

what you call "reverse camp", is like duck hunt. just like scrubs sitting behind spawn windows/doors fully protected from enemy fire, the ducks in duck hunt don't shoot back.

if you are pinned back, you can choose to fight or redeploy. hiding in INVULNERABILITY (IMMUNE TO DAMAGE) is not fighting. the player that was C4'ing the op, probably wanted to fight to take the base back, but couldn't since most his coward teammates were hiding in spawn.

I'm basically advocating people stop abusing spawn mechanics. that's what it is. i play first person shooters to shoot and be shot at, not to play duck hunt, wack-a-mole... etc.

p.s. i enjoy your posts/responses, and despite this one being of poor quality (i assume you just hit the bong), i will continue to read what you have to say.
  20. Serell

He wanted to relax and kill the idiots dumb enough to walk in LoS. Who doesn't want free certs? I LOVE being an Engineer while being spawn camped, I get tons of resupply points. I want my damn points so I can get my damn guns so I can have some more damn fun with variety. There was no abusing of game mechanics. They have the shield the way it is to help the defenders break spawn camps, even though it's not good enough.
    • Up x 2