TKing for "not playing the game right"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Rodinvac

I'm one of those people that dislike players hiding in a spawn room instead of redeploying or trying to push, especially when the spawn room is not actually being camped (yes, I saw that happen way too many times), but while I might try to encourage people in /region to push out (when feasible) or to redeploy and counterattack, I would never TK. It's a team game, and any TK should be only accidental, or between friends (Galaxy conkers, anyone? :p).
    • Up x 6
  2. NinjaKirby

At least until Muttley pokes his head up out of the under-brush, snickering away.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rogueghost

Oh I love idiots that thinks Tking friendlies in the spawn room will win the fight.
    Once a faction gets pushed to their spawn room- in a large scale fight- they almost never can break out, and if they can break out tking will further discourage them to push out. Or cause them to move to another front or even log out.
    • Up x 4
  4. Joram

Sometimes you need to blow up a friendly sundi in a bad position.
    • Up x 1
  5. KlyptoK

Man they really need to get rid of incentives for sitting in a camped spawnroom.
  6. Luperza Community Manager

Yes, please report players who are TKing you on purpose. Everything gets tracked and we do not tolerate players harassing other players. <3
    • Up x 12
  7. Dingus148

Not an excuse. They could have a reason to have it there. If it's really in a bad spot, it'll die soon enough. Until then, be patient, don't be a jerk.
  8. Terrex

ODAM SMASH!
  9. NinjaTurtle

Very easy, make shields impossible to shoot thorough either way
    • Up x 2
  10. Serell

He was playing the game, idiot. He knew there was no chance of breaking out, 99% of spawn camps cannot be broken. So he just wanted to relax and fire at idiots that got in his LoS so he could get some certs. And then some idiot like you ruins it and makes him lose a chance to get certs.

And don't act like he's worse than the people spawn camping.
    • Up x 5
  11. Hantak

I think theres a difference between Tking on purpose and "harssing" other players.
    -The other day i was on my tank and some random hopped in to gun, i started moving and noticed my gunner shooting some friendlies, i told him to stop but he kept shooting, i locked the tank, and he shot a rocket to me, i steped out of the tank and killed the guy.
    I dont think i deserve any kind of punishment for that, but if i take what you just said literally i should be reported, hoping for some sort of mod response, wich i highly doubt would be a "congrats" isnt it?

There are several other situations that usually happen on the game, and usually its the other players that have the "tools" to deal with them fast enough before they become a problem to other players.
    I do not support what happened to the OP, its usually smart to try to clear the way before jumping out of a camped spawn room.
    But after a while playing i realized most times its better to redeploy and set mines and what not at the next to be assaulted base than staying trying to get some kills while on the shield room.
  12. treeHamster

Hey, OP, maybe that guy was playing the way he wanted to play. He knew the base was lost and saw plenty of stupid campers to kill. They just so happen to be the same color as him.

Maybe next time you shouldn't sit your butt down inside a spawn room and stare out aimlessly like an idiot. Campers get killed, either by the other team or their own team. Sitting on your butt, being highly useless to the faction by camping inside spawn shields is grounds for execution. Either be a man and walk out into the fray or expect the fight to come to you in the form of a team killer.
    • Up x 3
  13. Hantak

Solutions like this always makes me wonder if people actually play the game..

So tell me, how do i deal with mines placed outside the spawn room?
    • Up x 6
  14. Tekuila

Get them out of the spawn rooms then.

This whole shooting out of 1 way shields is one of the worst game mechanics I have ever seen.
    • Up x 2
  15. Luperza Community Manager

Oh, there can definitely be a difference, but sometimes they are hand-in-hand. ;) If someone is following you around calling you a "noob" and killing you over and over again, that's harassment.

In your story, you both fired at each other. Not that either of you should have sorted out the problem that way, but there is a difference. :) This is also why we have a Customer Service system, so if someone reports you for something like you just stated, we can make a note of what happened for future reference. Repeat offenders are usually the problem, not someone who is just accidentally firing or doing something like in your story presented here.
    • Up x 5
  16. Spookydodger

I guess he was trying to relax and be entertained...
  17. RHINO_Mk.II

So earlier today as I was driving past a friendly lightning on my flash, he shot and killed me.

So I respawned where he was going and strapped C4 to his lightning and then....

I didn't blow it up. I whispered him to let him know that he was lucky I'm not as big of a jerk as he is, and although I could destroy him and his vehicle with a single mouseclick, I will refrain from doing so. For the time being.
    • Up x 1
  18. NinjaTurtle

There are already shields in various bases that don't allow either side to shoot through, what are your solutions for them?

- Send a MAX through first

- Send out whoever in your squad has high flak armor to take the hit, or just take the bullet for your team a medic should be right behind to revive you anyway

- Allow engineers repair tools to diffuse mines through shields etc

The current system is not good for the flow of battles. People are too contented to just sit around and needs to be fixed
  19. Verisimilituder

Erm, what you did probably does count as harassment, while blowing him up wouldn't have. It kinda sounds like you handled that situation exactly wrong. Terrorizing someone isn't exactly noble, while meting out justice would've been fine.
  20. ent|ty

You're right, you have the right to play the game anyway you please.
    There have always been people in gaming that are like this, even server owners, who figure because you join their server or team that you must play as they wish; and will ban you over it too.

I play how I feel at the time. Sometimes i'll just sit back and repair and take out anyone trying to sneak into the base, sometimes I'll go gung ho Rambo, and other times I'll sit at the front lines giving support.. or.. before the resource "nerf" of players, I'd just play AA MAX all day.

Now, usually 2-3 times every play session, I'll have some dude chicken pecking me, or half killing me because he figures I should do something i'm not.

But i'm warning you players.. you want a TK war, I will win, everytime. Or if I'm in a forgiving mood, I'll let you kill me 3 times, as hopefully my report goes through as you do so, and you are taken out of the game.

Hey, I'm just as frustated at times as the next guy, when you're surrounded by engineers and medics, but there's no repairs, no ammo, and no healing/revives going on... it tempts you.. But I never do it.

I usually /yell "V-4, V-friking-4!, V-4!", just so maybe it gets through to some people.

Or I will /region and do some parenting (while biting my tongue) "Please engineers, drop ammo at the frontline, and behind cover, thanks. The Management"

I don't care what you say, I am not leaving my spawn while you camp it like a noob. I am NOT giving you a free kill, and usually it would be a HIGH THREAT KILL, so no I am not going to reward your camping *** with such XP gains.

I will shoot you from behind the spawn force field, unless you at least pretend you're not waiting for me to come out, then it's game on.

Otherwise, I'll take the 10 kills noobs usually give me camping the spawn, then /suicide so you get nothing when the flag flips.
    • Up x 6