New Pistols are Coming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Van Dax

don't you dare diss the lasher (check my stats :p)
  2. HerpTheDerp

Yay, more useless crap.
  3. Metalsheep

[IMG]

There you go.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ourous

Give me the pistol from Halo. That is all.
  5. jihon83

Yay? In a few months, we'll have yet another debate that pits VS and NC players against the TR because the machinepistol will prove a lot more useful than a sawed off shotgun whose pellets are like birdshot and a miniature Lasher. Higby saved the game, again!
  6. Vetto

Meh... I am getting sick of the One trick pony of TR guns..Ya ya RoF = Good But damn.. there so many different things you can do with the idea of "More bullets" or heck... even a more interesting design would be epic.. I mean heck.. a gun with two barrels both firing at ones.. it may be the same idea on principle but at least it look a lot cooler.
  7. treeHamster

For the TR that complain it's nothing new, who cares, it's useful. Our stuff already sucks, and they just give us another version of a useless weapon.

I'd rather have a boring highly effective new weapon, than a glitching fun useless weapon. For example, the Fireworks gun is a TON of fun but I'd take a Beamer over it any day for actual game play because the Beamer is made to kill while the Fireworks gun is just there for lol's. Fun stuff gets boring eventually but deadly things never stop being deadly.
  8. Epic High Five

The shotgun niche would actually be useful as a pistol - now I've got a viable short range solution for a long range build sort of thing. The chief problem with any new pistols is that it'd be really hard to make a pistol better than the repeater, and any pistol that was (machine pistol maybe) would also go to TR.

The problem with a shotgun pistol isn't the fact that it's a shotgun, it's that it'll probably fire like 3, 90 damage pellets with an auto shottie spread.

As an NC, I too am prepared for something boring and highly effective. I'd KILL for a Striker or a Lancer. The Hawk is already necessary for all NC HAs at the moment, may as well get the upgraded version.
  9. llPendragon

No wonder GU12 didn't have any new items! All of SOE's brain cell was devoted to thinking up this pile of inspiration!
    • Up x 1
  10. Ash87

Yeaaah...

I'm reiterating what has been on the roadmap since like... January.

Apparently the ability to locate a separate portion of this website containing this lost and forgotten knowledge, puts me on par with Nostradamus or something.

That said, I could be wrong: All they said was new pistols. It could be the Empire specific ones, or it could be something else entirely.
    • Up x 3
  11. Kulantan

I feel kinda sorry for the TR with this one. Sure it will be effective (how much more than the repeater is questionable) but VS and NC get new and interesting toys. HA + Gauss SAW + Resist + Nano 5 + mini shotgun = death at any range. VS get a lasher for everyone. Sure, it might not be so good alone, but 12 guys laying down lasher suppression without giving up their Orions and SVA-88s will be interesting.
  12. Ash87

[IMG]
    Real heroes use automatic pistols
  13. Spookydodger

I could see a use for the lasher pistol. Sometime I really want to clear around corners or fire up into defended nests of guys, but still would want to have my regular rifle so I'm not somewhat helpless if they rush down. I rarely need to switch to my pistol on my HA, so it might be a good fit.
  14. Fang7.62

If the NC pistol is gonna be like the Metro, singlebarrel load-each-shot pistol-shotgun and its gonna OHK at short range then they can have all my money for it so I can use med-long range primaries only, bullethoses are lame :p
  15. Sinoby

Oh, thanks God! Another shotgun! When will we get a shotgun rocket launcher? Can't wait!
    • Up x 4
  16. treeHamster

You have that, it's called the Enforcer-C85.
  17. FurorPlacidus

The VS Need a charge up lasher pistol.
    Then to balance it they will make it Windup Chargeup. We then have to press the switch ammo key repeatedly to manually charge a shot.

So we get an RSI inducing, boring, clunky mechanic.
  18. Goretzu

Did they say if they were going to pre-nerf it?

Or do they have a numbers bought threshold before their planned nerfs for it kick in?
  19. Goretzu

The chances of a NC shotgun-pistol being more powerful than the Commissioner is about 0%...... at least once they've sold enough anyway.

Either raw power will be nerfed, or the spread will be so wide as to make it useless (as on pretty much all vehicle "shotgun" weapons), or quite possibly both.
  20. Sinoby

C85 is not even close to rocket launcher :) However, I ment an ESRL instead of phoenix