You have no right to teamkill Medics and Engineers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4NJ, Jul 11, 2013.

1. P4NJ

They're not consumable, the rest is well said.
  2. Andrea SKye

Medic is for healing, Engineer is for repping and ammo. If you dont want to provide such a service, why bother even playing them?

That said I have only killed an engineer a few times due to not dropping ammo. It takes a few seconds to drop ammo and it annoys me when they cant be arsed to get off their turret for 2 seconds and drop some. You aren't helping us win by not dropping ammo. We all wana win dont we?
  3. Boomotang

Except no one here is actually saying that. But if you're close to a MAX, or soldiers who are out of ammo, or tanks that need repairing, it is the best option to help out the team. Because MAXs, and tanks are better equipped at killing people. And it is wise to keep them alive as targets instead of you, or other normal soldiers, because they can take more abuse. And keeping nearby soldiers stocked with ammo means there's more friendlies shooting at bad guys, which is a GOOD thing.

Most people here are only angry at the Engineers and Medics who don't help, when they COULD. Not when it would mean certain death. And by the way, it's not the worst thing in the world to risk your player life once in a while to help out either.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheBillOf3D

Dude, people have tried to explain it to you. Nobody has told you that you aren't allowed to fail at your class. If I'm the troll then why is it your thread that gets deleted? People are just trying to help you up your game. And you don't need to listen to any of it. It just tends to happen in the forum that you get advice when people see you self-limit your potential. You want to run around and fire you gun into the air? Fine. But my guess is that you talk back to these guys asking for support and your replies are what is getting you tked. Not your inaction. I haven't purposely TKed anyone on purpose for a long time. I think its ultimately self-defeating. Yet I could see how you, in paticular, could inspire some to do that.
  5. Mr_Giggles

• Because it's a class that comes with a carbine/assault rifle that can have a UB smoke or grenade launcher.
    • Because you can resupply yourself when no one else is around to do it.
    • Because it comes with anti vehicle mines.
    • Because it comes with an anti vehicle turret that has unlimited ammo.
    • Because it allows you to repair your vehicle.
    • Because of C4
    • Because of sticky grenades
    • Because of increased survivability for oneself through aoe heal
    Engineer and medic does not equal team teet suckler.

TL;DR Because of utility.
    • Up x 2
  6. P4NJ

Why are you saying this? The whole topic was meant to tell people not to teamkill, did I ever say that an engineer who is helping his team is ineffective? *sigh*

My topic got deleted because some people started flaming each other in it, don't remember who though (I think one of them was you)

Okay, first of all, I don't talk back to anyone, other than saying "chill out bro, wait for it to be safe so I can rez you".
    Second, your posts have derailed this topic into a discussion of who is more effective as an engineer or medic. Which is as far from the topic as you can get while still talking about engineers end medics.
    And third, you never said what you disagree with; you just came in telling me not to cry about getting asked for support, which I never did. In fact, I never mentioned people who spam V+2/3/4, since in fact I do it as well.

I don't see anything that I said in the opening post that could have set this topic on a discussion about how to play a support class, since I never said anything about the best way to play a support class; I just said that people have the right to do anything they want, even if it is completely ignoring you. Your post on the other hand said that I should "stop crying about getting asked for support when playing a support class", which is completely off topic and you know what off topic posts do? Yeah, they derail the thread!

So there. Have fun thinking that you are better than me at this game.
  7. pnkdth

How exactly is TKing other players helping "us" win? Who knows, maybe you just lost us the battle because rather than this engy getting that last shot on the enemy sunderer some random TKed him because he wanted ammo(something of which he might have placed somewhere else for someone else...). He could also be a part of a squad and coordinated his efforts with them.

Winning a battle is more than dealing your immediate shortage of ammo. Same with healing and rezzing, running up mindessly with a medic tool might just wipe everyone out.

Overall, I think players need to realise that every player has a different goal, perspective, and view on what's going on.
    • Up x 2
  8. Fned

It also takes a few seconds for a burning tank to make it to cover where it can repair.

Apparently, some of us want to win more than others
  9. Boomotang

And I could care less if people TK someone who chooses not to help their team. So in those situations, sure TK away.

They have just as much "right" to TK them, as the unhelpful teammate has the "right" to ignore their teammates.
  10. TheBillOf3D

You are the one getting so defensive. My very first post agreed that tking is bad. You argue for the sake of arguing. That's more likely why you get tked. And I pretty sure it was you complaining about people asking you to do stuff in a support class. You'll get better as you play other classes and see what we are talking about from the other side.
  11. Mr_Giggles

I've officially have decided that if anyone wants a ammo pack from me, they must get on prox speak and in their best Oliver Twist voice they must say 'Please sir, I want some more'. A bullet will just get you sent back to my Sunderer so either way I win.
  12. IamDH

You shoot me i'll shoot you, even if you're shooting me with a repair gun
  13. MonnyMoony

This is exactly how I look at it. Regardless of what you think they should be doing - its still one more gun and one more pair of eyes on your team.

That engineer or medic who you team killed could have spotted the infiltrator or heavy tank flanking your position, could have taken out the enemy soldier who was just about to C4 your sunderer spawn point etc.

By killing a member of your own team for not supporting you as an individual - you could have inadvertently turned the tide of the whole battle against you and your team.
  14. Owleyes

Agree with me or not, But for every online game i have ever played, If you play a support class and don't support your team, You are considered a FAIL.

You want to play a support class and not support your team? Fine np. But just remember, Your going to get TK'd for derping about not supporting your team. So....... Like i said in the last thread, go fight away from people who want support from a support class LOL.

P.S. VS on Connery used to TK support classes non stop if they didn't do their jobs. In the end, those jerk moves made the VS a better fighting force. The games about teamwork, plain and simple.
    • Up x 1
  15. Serell

Yup. Don't expect people to care about you if you don't care about them.
  16. IxRisor

I repair the most important things first. If theres an ams sunderer under heavy attack and 3 engineers can barely keep it up, guess what? I'm not letting the sunderer blow up give you ammo or repair you. Go resupply from the sunderer thats right there or go find another engineer. And if you tk me... you will get 4 bricks of c4 stuck on you while you go into the next fight so you die and it won't be a tk from me :D. And I will use all my 40 bricks of c4 and anymore I can resupply.

Things to keep up and running in order of importance:
    Sunderer, squad, platoon, pubbies, trees, rocks, anything else found in nature, anything that isn't annoying.

List of things to make sure are not up and running:
    People tking me/being annoying.
  17. Mr_Giggles

I can't wait to read your thesis on the direct correlation between Support classes, how their role in one attack affects the entirety of a factions skillset, Tk'ing, and the improvement. Mostly I'll be interested in your fact based data collection that directly links the 2 together, and also any possible reasons as to why this same correlation hasn't worked for every side on every server even though the same process happens.
    Has it been peer reviewed already or may I have the honor of doing so?
  18. Sowahka

So what do you do to "care" for your engineers and medics? You probably ignore them until you want them to help you, then you kill them because your demands weren't met? Every time I've tried to repair a MAX they do nothing to help protect me, none of them do. In a battle if I see an engineer repairing a MAX I kill the engy first because the MAX suit NEVER notices. Half the MAXes just stare at the engy and make no attempt to keep the area clear of enemies while the engy in vulnerable. Same goes with medics and ammo packs, the moment you stop to help someone they act as if they're no longer in the fight. This is why I don't go out of my way to help, it gets me killed because I rely on allies and they do nothing for me. Unless I know for certain that an enemy isn't about to come around the corner and shoot at me I'm not going to help you, because if an enemy does come you sure as hell won't notice and I'm not going to have my gun out.
    • Up x 1
  19. IxRisor

Yep. Most, <----important word there, Max players ignore us until they need us. Then after we repair them or give them ammo, engineer? whats that? those don't exist. Basically, we don't exist unless they need us, and after that we don't exist again.
  20. ent|ty

Gotta wonder how these guys would be playing games from 15+ yeas ago, when there was no XP, no achievements, no applause, no bells of joy, no pats on the back, and no cookies.

Our reward was helping our team win; and secondly, the admiration and respect from our gaming community peers and enemies.

I ENJOY helping others. I ENJOY helping me team win. And you now what? The XP and Certs roll in anyway...
    • Up x 1