Stuff I will TK you for (and laugh about it)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Rift23

I only TK people care enough to write an essay about TKing.
  2. PS2Freak

Listen, Genius, You dont know how this game works, and you teach and tk others ? what for fail you are. learn to play!

o_O
  3. LameFox

Maybe - but unless there are loads of people there, I wouldn't trust anything so disorganized to do more than kill us in a long line (unless tunnels). Engineers don't get charge and aren't very durable, and at the door enemy fire will be very focused as they're gathering out there looking at it - I think having the MAXes organize and charge out to a different spot then fight would work better, supposing infantry can use that to get out as well. In the mean time shooting out at least keeps their peeking briefer, as with enough people accurately hitting them when they pop up only (soon to be dead) idiots will remain exposed for long. It would work fine to weaken some of their initial fire anyway, if the door isn't blocked and if anyone takes advantage of it. 'nades would be good too for scattering the people outside but... they have this thing about coming back in the door.

Or if it's too busy out there, I think shooting out one way and rushing out the other could have potential. But MAXes wandering in and out and in and out or sitting in the door looking contemplative just draw attention, I see it on either side of the shield. Everyone wants to get them.
  4. Zorlox

i met a guy like the OP before. he went all nuts in tells because I accidentally TK'd him. so I tk'd him on purpose. moral of the story, don't be a jack.
    this isn't beta anymore. if you destroy a hacked term or turret you can repair it if your empire owns the territory. excluding the absolutely rare time it bugs out then nobody can repair it until the hex flips.
  5. avery649

I wouldn't say you're a terrible person / lousy player / jerk / troll, just an emotionally insecure control freak to the point that it backfires for you. You probably do this exclusively to videogames because it's not considered socially acceptable to constantly get even with everyone who may have made mistakes or done it on purpose. Well, I hope you don't act so insecure like this in the real world....

For example, If someone team kills you once, and you kill them back, what does it solve? Are they going to think to their self "Gee I better tighten up my aim, that guy had a point". No they're probably just going to think "*******" and go on with their day, because 99% of team kills are usually accidental. And if they aren't then shooting a intentional team killer will only get his attention and potentially cause you two to play a little game of hunting each other down. Just ignore team killers, and if it happens to often, consider if you're getting in their way or if they're a low BR and therefore potentially new to FPS games.

Regarding #6, I have to /facepalm. The only reason they're blocking the door is BECAUSE it will get a reaction out of you. Those kinds of people simply need to be ignored. Just find a way around or /tell them "very funny" and go about your day. People like you are the reason we have intentional teamkillers and trolls. Because you don't just /report and or ignore them and get on with your day like everyone else, we all have to deal with people who sadly are desperate for attention, and KNOW they will get a reaction out of people such as yourself, who are unfortunately contributing to creating the problem they hate.

Also, you spent 15 MINUTES hunting down some stupid guy who teamkilled you? Seriously? You have better things to do then act like a child and frantically chase people to get even with them. Just /report the name of the killer and enjoy the game.

And the notepad? Please tell me you're joking.

Finally, the MAX story. Use a fancy feature called mute. It's a wonder that we have such advanced technology in the 21st century. FYI, you're just encouraging that 13 year old to whine to others around him when he's taken a mere point of damage. By typing "you're welcome", you leave no indication of sarcasm and encourage them to whine to those who have the unfortunate lack of patience such as yourself.

People make mistakes, or do things on purpose, but it's usually best to just ignore it and try to adhere to the idea of "Don't be a d1ck" Because being a d1ck is the reason those who do it on purpose are there, and just causes those who did it by mistake to become bitter and eventually be d1cks about stuff themselves.

Here's my *tear filled* complaint. Have a nice day.

• Up x 1
  6. Zorlox

obsessive compulsive disorder on top of control issues results in some strange behaviour, i agree. therapy can help them though :)
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

This is the part that confirmed to me that OP is simply an ****** with no knowledge of game mechanics. If the enemy is hacking vehicle terminals to spawn sunderers, the only way to make sure they cannot continue to re-hack them is to destroy them.
  8. Scatterblak

Reading isn't your strong point, is it? I didn't say anything about killing friendly terms. Killing terms that have been flipped in our own base so only the enemy can rep them and use them is still a bad plan, sunshine. Thanks for playing!
  9. ExarRazor

awful lot of d-bags in this thread who really should either go outside and get some friggin air, or find a new game
  10. Booface

Other day some guy TK'd me so he could arm an SCU instead of me. I sic'd my outfit on him, and it devolved into teamkill deathmatch for a good 40 minutes.
  11. Pat Cleburne

I had a an incident a few days ago where a VS sniper got the drop on me and missed his shot, I did a 180 and killed him with a TMG 50 headshot. I typed /yell BOO! in chat and it pissed the kid off so bad, he logged out, swapped to TR and teamkilled me. Then proceeded to tell me how immature I was and that he would not tolerate being mocked in yell chat. Dude was really bent about it. Crazy kid.

Anyway, my outfit has a no retaliation teamkilling policy. When people like that come along we just post their name in outfit and everyone online at that time reports them for harrassment.
  12. ShureShot

WRONG. If you destroy a hacked turret or terminal, you or any other friendly can just repair it and use it. So you're TK'ing players who understand the game better than you. That's cute.

There is a very rare bug where a turret or terminal can't be repaired. That's not a feature, it's a bug.

And even after at least 5 people pointed this out, you still write this:

Oh the irony.

13. Lancener

And if I see any team killing, for any reason other than accident, I send out a report. Only time team killing is justified is when you're killing a team killer. Even if turrets did remain on the enemy's side I'd rather them be destroyed than just allowed to sit there and blow up whatever they want, it's not exactly hard to sneak to an owned turret.

Only time I've purposely team killed was when I spawned and got shot in the face immediately by a heavy assault, spawned as an infiltrator and shot him in the face.
  14. AtroposZero

I only TK for two things:

#1: You're a medic and you stare at me while I revive someone, and then revive right after me to try to steal the exp. Go die in a fire.
    #2: You're an obvious TK'ing alt out to cause shenanigans. I know this doesn't stop you, but it's funny.

OP, pretty much everything on your list is just wrong or overly huttburt nonsense. You TK people who've accidentally TK'd you in a huge firefight? Who the F!#K stops to type an apology when the action is hot? There are a thousand idiots running around in a tiny space, and sometimes people get in the line of fire. Quit whining.
  15. Consumer

It's interesting that after every TK (or instance of considerable friendly fire, even if don't receive the kill) I perform, my top priority becomes finding cover and sending a /tell apology and explanation of the circumstances to the teammate I killed. Hell, sometimes I even die typing out the apology. And yet I only receive an apology probably once in every 50 team-caused deaths, and that's including the voice macro "Sorry" that I gladly accept. I find it incredibly inconsiderate especially when the teamkiller is completely at fault and in a safe location immediately following the kill (such as roadkilling a soldier standing clear from the road operating an equipment terminal...)

It's something I want to kill over. But I never do, that's inconsiderate itself, as is nearly all deliberate teamkilling.
  16. ih8Darian2

When I was in my sunderer, furying enemies, I accidentally TK'd an ally so I /told I was sorry and that I didn't know he was an ally.
    Then he goes engineer, places tank mines and kills my sundy and everyone in it, then logs off.
    ;_;
  17. LameFox

To all the people reporting TK's: I hope you're a bit more discriminating than a lot of you make it sound. Like report people who do it pretty frequently (or at least went on about it in chat so there's some record of it being intentional beyond you saying so) rather than happened to kill someone on purpose once or twice, because really, what's going to happen when they get this report, look up the player and can't tell whether it was really intentional nor find any fault in what he's doing now because 99% of the time he plays normally?

Also at least know what started it, because that could always be well-deserved revenge or they actually know each other and are only screwing around. Some of the funniest things I've ever done in this game were part of an ongoing feud with some players who purposely TK'd me once and were actually being **** in general, but I didn't care and they obviously didn't care ('til they called a truce :p) so it would have been silly if someone catching bits and pieces of it decided to report us. Save it for when it matters like actual harassment or someone's alt they log into just to TK sunderers and whatnot.

I think you'll find for the most part people don't really care about accidental TK's one way or another - or not for more than the few seconds it takes to swear about it and move on. It's something that's bound to happen to all of us, and I for one am just going to assume if it didn't look intentional that it wasn't and so I've no reason to care. Likewise if I kill someone in a way that would have been ridiculously hard to foresee (excepting some roadkills because desync can make it seem obvious to one party and not the other) like intercepting shots, or I throw a grenade into a room of enemies and some guy has charged in another door somewhere - hell I've even fired a CAS30 at a plane while flying over a forest in Amerish, nothing going on down there, and somehow struck and killed an allied engineer - and so on, I'm just going to figure he has the common sense to work out that I'm not hunting him down for some reason or another.

On the other hand, there are people who take it ridiculously seriously: I recall at TI once in a lightning w/ 100mm HEAT gun, I backed up to go get ammo from a sunderer near the bridge to the crown. Looking back, I saw the silhouette of a guy standing on the support beam under a landing pad on the crown, shooting at something. I spotted him and it was an enemy, so I took a single shot at him... and by the time it arrived, someone had jumped down to fight him, took his exact place, and got OHK by that shell. I was actually in the process of writing a /tell to inform him how amazingly random the timing of all that had been, when he sent one instead, and spent ages going on and on about it like I'd kicked his pet chihuahua or something. When I finally got through to him how utterly unlikely that shot had been, he decided that instead of being careless I 'shouldn't be able to see that far'. Honestly he was so dramatic and annoying that by the end I was glad I killed him - that enemy was probably a far less irritating person.

Also: quite a few times I've taken a risky shot to try to save someone who was about to die anyway, killed them (often along with the enemy) and sent an apology explaining what happened, only to find out they were relieved it had been me who got them rather than the other guy. :D
  18. Zorlox

no, the enemy cannot repair it. only the owning empire can.... haven't you read the multiple posts about this yet.
  19. FaLI3N

I fully agree with 2,3,4,5 and 6. If you shoot at my harasser rather than ask for ride I will go out of my way to make you pay for it if I'm in a bad mood. Your small arms fire scratches my paint and it's annoying. Just today I kicked someone out of my tank for spamming at everything that moved in the secondary as soon as he entered and he proceeded to try to take me out at every chance he got for his next 5 lives and all it got him was blown up whilst my nano-repair fixed me. I've tanked enough to know when I won't be able to expect the pub who just got in my tank to hit the side of a tech plant. I wont squad lock my vehicle because I meet plenty of good pub gunners or just nice people by picking up hitchhikers but if I am putting my own tank at risk to carry you around the continent I will boot you and you will accept it without retaliation :cool:
  20. LameFox

It's funnier in a plane. I had a lib tailgunner once who started firing the mortar at allies while everyone was waiting for some silly empty base to cap. Turned out he didn't bring a jetpack.