MBT prices double, AV Mana Turret still unchanged.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Jun 20, 2013.

1. illgot

haha or they reach their sales goal for the current AV turret.

Because I play a lot as an infiltrator, I love the AV turret. It is usually a free kill with my sniper rifle.
  2. Bill Hicks

Doesnt mean it should. It was hard to hit infantry that moved and It wasted a rocket to kill one person. They still nerfed it.
  3. TheBillOf3D

They were nerfed when tanks were buffed. And if they don't render, how do you know how far away they are?
  4. Morpholine

My only real beef with the AV turret is it can hit (the larger) vehicles from ranges where it literally cannot be seen by the victim. All you get is a bang, and a quarter of your health is gone, no rendered projectile and only a vague idea of the direction it came from. It needs to be limited to a 500 meter (or so) range, at a minimum.

Yes, I have one. Yes, I've used it. It's flat-out too strong at extreme ranges.
  5. Roy Teppert

If your team can't deal with AV turrets, then you guys are terrible and deserve to be decimated by them. This is a team game; use combined arms properly and you'll never have a serious problem with these turrets.
  6. Udnknome

Nerf's you may have missed. (in your defense, these nerfs were ninja)

Turn speed nerf.
    Damage vs Infantry nerf.

No longer does it turn on a dime, which makes popping aircraft and harassers even more impossible.
    You have to head-shot most infantry, it has very limited splash damage. (either that or people are wearing nanoweave 5 and that's why my direct hits don't kill everyone).

Things to consider --- It only shoots 1 shot every 5-8 seconds. It takes 5 shots to kill a tank and 6 for a sundy, 4 for a base turret, 4 for a lightning. You are also required to be exposed for targeting.

Just because you are unwilling to move doesn't mean it is overpowered.

The argument of *they are OP when used in groups* is null. Nerfing something because you can't 1 vs 3 something isn't a valid nerf call.

Join a team. That is they way MMOs are meant to be played.
  7. Andy79

considering how vulnerable you are vs snipers, aircraft and a single good placed rocket or MBT shell ... dont touch the AV mana turret

would be really awful if this was turned into absolute junk like dual burster maxes
  8. treeHamster

The AV turret got a nerf when the tanks got a buff on their rear armor. They got a resource cost increase because they had their armor increased. Heck they aren't exactly the easiest things to kill in the first place. They had a weak point but that's gone now.

AV turret sniping takes a decent amount of practice and if you are shooting it at a rate of 1 every 7 seconds (which is about your RoF at 600m), then the repair tool can repair faster than you can damage the tank. So honestly, you guys are whining about something that you shouldn't be.

If you're getting hit by a non-rendering AV turret, do the most OP thing in the game, MOVE.
  9. KlyptoK

The only problem with them is the render distance.
  10. Udnknome

They render quite well from a greater distance than infantry. I haven't tested it enough to tell you how much further than infantry, but it is significant. An infiltrator can target and snipe them long before seeing any free standing infantry.

As far as the "700m"( I'm quite sure this is exaggerated as vehicles don't even render from this distance) argument, there are very few places anywhere where you have this much of visibility in the first place. Even then - you can't target infantry from this distance. So vehicles... at 5-8 seconds per shot, given the numbers I quoted above. it's 20-36 seconds TTK for a Lightning, 25-40 seconds TTK for a MBT, and 30 - 48 seconds TTK for a Sunderer.

The only weapon that takes longer to kill vehicles is small arms on ESFs/harassers.
  11. DukeFlash

Fixed it for you. Higby is the Creative Director, any hard-revenue alterations are coming from orders above, I assure you.
  12. DukeFlash

As someone who owns the AV turret, and also tweeted to Higby it needed to be nerfed/balance from the beginning...
    it absolutely should 1-shot infantry. You need a direct hit on the infantry which is not easy, unless they're holding still, in which case you could just as well be 1-shot by a sniper. Which is usually what happens to me when trying to aim infantry with my AV turret.

I had tweeted to Higby that the AV turret, at a bare minimum, needs either a cooldown timer or a resource cost.
    I don't want the damage nerfed, though the range might need lowering as has been said here.