Seems a bit too easy to die?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drasilov, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Zenanii

That's what happens when you enter a firefight with up to 100 enemies shooting at you. Bit of a exaggeration, but point is, when there is a lot of enemies, expect to die fast.
  2. Oheck

Well that's just the reality of it. Every FPS you move to, always has a slightly different feel then the one before. There is always a window of adjustment, and you are often dieing regularly during that time. We all go through that phase. Just don't expect too much the first time you head into a game, and understand there are some things to learn.

Obviously "amazing" is an exaggeration. I'm not insulting the guy. We've all been in his shoes. Just don't let yourself get discouraged too quickly.
  3. smokemaker

Seems a bit too easy to die?

lol

Its always easy to die.
    The challenge is not to die.

I support fast TTK's
  4. IamDH

Then he will have to adapt when his play style gets nerfed but thats in the future
    • Up x 2
  5. VSDerp

shhh to much info!
    • Up x 2
  6. smokemaker

There are many people here wanting to kill you. ( in game )
    Movement and situational awareness are keys to life.
    Killed a Br 1 eleven times in a row sniping at a tower he kept spawning in.
    1.) He went to the same area every time.
    2.) He tried to find targets while standing still.
    3.) He then aimed at them while standing still.

He never got a shot off.
    After the 11th kill I sent him a tell but it was to late.
    He had logged off.
    And my kill board shows he never saved his character or deleted it.
    I imagined I ruined hes perspective of PS2.
    But in all reality, he was just a foolish player that allowed himself to be repeated killed and most likely blames the game.
  7. KlyptoK

IMO, short TTK is fine. The only problem with it is people with low performance PC's might have a lot of trouble with it.
    • Up x 2
  8. IamDH

In about a week you'll see him making a quit thread lol just you wait
    • Up x 2
  9. LordMondando

Compared to what Quake 2 arena?

To OP , positioning is key. Not the easiest thing to teach, but if the concentration of enemies is high in a given direction, chances are without support you'll die there. ITs a game with battles of tens if not hundreds. Unless your flanks are secure with friendlies someone will probably be there to gank you.
    • Up x 1
  10. VSDerp

LMFAO sad but true let's hope he will prove us wrong.
  11. VakarisJ

Battlefield's TTK is generally longer, CoD's is certainly longer (unless you're talking about hardcore modem, which is a small part of it), quake's shorter if you only count the 1hko weapons that have an infinite TTK, CS has a rather similar TTK, but in CS it's also harder to hit your target due to no ADS.

In general, this game does have a short TTK. Probably the only game with a shorter TTK that springs to mind is ArmA.

Well, at the time of writing I was thinking about the likes of Halo and CoD. You know -- mainstream.
  12. IamDH

COUGH strikers COUGH
    I remember how my first tank ride went..
  13. IamDH

wth lol CoD is way smaller TTK
    • Up x 3
  14. Bill Hicks

I would be afraid of a game in which newbs didnt die fast. I remember getting my **** kicked in mortal kombat and sub zero ripping my spine out. It felt really good doing it to someone else.

My advice. Learn to move. Learn how much damage you can take before running away. This is a better skill than aiming, for a new player. Often just being able to survive allows you to kill people better than a perfect aim.
    • Up x 4
  15. VakarisJ

Oh yeah, you're right. I completely forgot the knife.
  16. THUGGERNAUT

you just have to develop your situational awareness to recognize every possible threat nearby. also you need to learn to read the map, figure out how to move around safely, and avoid fights that are going to be obvious steamroll massacres.

so it is going to take anybody new quite awhile to figure these concepts out.
    • Up x 1
  17. LordMondando

Pretty sure, bar Halo BF3 and CoD have actually slightly shorter TTK.

But im not sure there good comparisons anyway.

TTK is an age compared to ARMA2 and 3 or counter strike. So yeah.

End of the day PS2 has its own niche. Maybe if your come from lots of whatever its too long. Personally I think it would benefit from a nerf to nanoweave or at least something to make it less omnipresent. the TTK as it is makes a lot of long range combat irrelevant and is the reason shotguns dominated for so long.
    • Up x 1
  18. Robes

Um, yeah uh, no. I feel trolled just responding to that for postcount.
    • Up x 1
  19. DuckSauce

Let me direct you to this post by Glorin for something closer to the actual TTKs in these games.

It takes roughly twice as long or more to kill people in PS2 as it does in Battlefield 3. The 'average' weapon in PS2 is a 7-shot kill in CQC compared to BF's 4, and PS2 weapons generally have lower rates of fire.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zenith

Short TTK rewards those who react faster. Long TTK rewards those with the best weapon. I would rather have the former, especially in a game where facing multiple opponents at the same time is the norm.
    • Up x 3