[Video] Nexus Battle Island

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eclipson, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Eclipson

• Up x 7
  2. Kevorkian

Looks promising. Finally outfits will be able to test their mettle against one another.
  3. Selentic

looks excellent

release level editor plz soe
  4. Pikachu

Very impressive but... will it drain lots performance with all this new complicated terrain? :confused: Will it come in GU12? In that case we will not have ESF update. ;)
  5. Cougarbrit

The island looks good, but they really needed more character actors on that vid. Just makes me lol when they say INTENSE INFANTRY BATTLES and there's like 4-5 people, even CoD vids look more intense than that ****.
    • Up x 3
  6. Kurohagane

y no vs showcase
  7. McChimperson

Yeesh. If only they put that much effort and detail into the bases that the unwashed masses are forced to crawl over.
    • Up x 2
  8. Kevorkian

How does instanced matches make this game any less mmo? Every mmo on the market sports this for those that want battled with even numbers/odds.
    • Up x 1
  9. Loegi

Looks cool.
  10. chilly154

Are these islands only for MLG's events? If so that really sucks.
  11. ImBreakingUpWithYou

Is that how they will be implemented? How disappointing.
  12. Staticsilver

Lots of MMO"S have battle arena's, WOW does, GW2 as well just to start, it just allows outfits to flaunt off to each other, and providescale balanced play, plus SOE has said they plan on implementing these between continents maybe. Also in my personal opninion, an area for outfits to test their tactics in a real enviorment against tough opposition will have a really positive effect on tactics used on the mainland, the only thign im upset about so far is that it looks like a straight up tug of war, i would have liked 2 smallerlanes or something bet hey, whatever PS4 players will prolly make this one of the most popular part of the maps on their servers as well bc of its BF3 feel
  13. Zar

yes but there are games that are and will be better for it. The game is super not balanced massive stability issues render range is still crap game just feels like its still in early beta lol and I play for massive battles, if i want match making ill go hang out in another game but i don't so ill stay here. my outfit has already decided to ignore this nonsense, you and your outfits can do what you want. and like they guy above says lol at them building the indoor bases people are asking for in an Esports map .... always said it Esports ***** games up all that effort could have be used to redesign the you know real games bases and make it better noooo we need esports that is what sells morons.
  14. Cab00se187

The difference is you don't need the population in WoW to play the actual game. PS2 thrives on huge population for the battles so SOE is going to take away from that. Stupid idea.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kevorkian

They're clearly designed for competitive play. For the rest of us, there's Hossin.
  16. AdennTM

It will be open for the public as well as links between continents said Higby in an E3 interview
  17. Ash87

So, Going to nip this particularly large and diseased buttocks right now, Guys, they aren't instance only.

It was stated by Higby sometime ago, that Battle Islands would have a place in the continental lattice. They would be between warpgates. What this has been interpreted to mean, is that if you take a warpgate, you then have access to it's coorisponding battle island.

So to break a continent lock, you have to fight over a battle island and then push onto a continent.

It's not instance only, everyone will be able to play there. There we go.
    • Up x 4
  18. Radec594

Dayuum dat music, badass feels.
    • Up x 1
  19. Zar

WoW arena is one of the worst "instances" match making in the world it was so bad MLG kicked them out xD. super FOTM game play not balanced never was and still isn't xD soo funny. side note to that never played GW2 so that could have been the best arena pvp ever no idea @_@.
  20. Kevorkian

Interesting.