No one cares about continents anymore.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Slyguy65

Thanks for making them "easier" now its just meh across the board since no one can legit hold a continent, nor do they have any reason too since the discounts are weak.

Make continent capture or benefits worth while, that is all.
    • Up x 1
  2. Alphalegend

3. SgtBreastroker

75% is ridiculously low.

I'd prefer it back to 100% total cap to get the bonus but considering so many people want this game noobified 90-95% would be ideal.
  4. LordMondando

We've found the 15% change far more engaging on Miller.

Much better than the numerous situations where 98% of an empire piles into a single half decent defensible base and the map becomes unwinnable. IT also requires you to coordinate with other outfits and attack multiple objectives to prevent the loss of a continent.

Frankly, you speak for yourself/your server.
  5. ItsJustDash

I enjoy this damn change, it changes up the game and the numbers are always changing. Sorry to burst your bubble but now it is a time where you fight every inch of your land. You just can't say EVERYONE GO HERE which yeah happens a lot you know >.>
  6. Elrobochanco

The change is silly. We've effectively lowered the passing grade on the bell curve. Now everyone can feel like they did a "good job".

They should have at least put a time factor on it. Like if you cap 100% bam, that's it. If you cap 90% you need to hold that for 25 min before it counts as a "win". Factions shouldn't be able to turtle forever, but what is rewarding about the server handing you a prize you didn't earn.

Well except you don't need to fight for every inch, just 85% of it.
  7. WaiZen

^ This.

It's a lot more fun, and people actually care of the continent locks now since it's do-able in busy periods.
  8. Tommyp2006

Slyguy for once I agree with you. It's so easy to flip a continent now, that I have just given up on caring about land at all. I'm just here to kill **** now.
  9. LibertyRevolution

If it bothers you that much, why don't you do what BCP/TE did and take your ball and go home, no one on waterson would miss you...
  10. ItsJustDash

You have to fight every inch if you are on the defense of a massive assault :)
  11. Major

AHHH, the benefits and game saving features the lattice has brought us, yea, this is soo much better than influence hexes, and resource systems that matter, now everything just costs more and you have to cap 75% of a continent to lock it.

I would like to thank the PS1 "Vets" who lobbied intensively for these awesome and game saving features, without their lobbying none of this would have been possible.

Thanks Guys.
  12. KlyptoK

75% to neutralize.

100% to take the bonus.

Factions are far more willing to pigeonhole a base to prevent the loss of a bonus than to prevent another faction from gaining it, there is no reason to have 75% for a capture.
  13. GhostAvatar

They need to make the percentage required dynamic depending on the server population. That way it is still viable to cap a continent during peak times, but off peak it ramps all the way up to 100%
  14. PS2Freak

i like the change, because i hate Spec-ops base style with 1 whole faction in it, and try to take it, while everything laging and stuttering.