Striker and Phoenix Still OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Malebranche, Jun 20, 2013.

1. GhostAvatar

You do know that the Striker has been bugged in many ways since it was launched. I wouldn't complain too much about that since SOE seem to be incapable of fixing bugs within a reasonable amount of time.
  2. G3arfried

Ive never been hit by any other lock on through a mountain or through my flares. The damage potential is way greater then other lock ons and the range makes it so easy to snipe tanks. It out dpses the other launchers. It does 2.5k and if you flare or smoke it the first misses the rest 4 still hit which is 2k dmg which is the same as a normal lock on. So the bug makes it still hit where as the other launchers get pwnt by flares.

It is OP man there are so many players that agree with striker being a no skill boring stand and click to pwn any thing you get your eye on. Its 5 rockets that deal 500 each not one not 2 not 3 not 4 but 5 that only require you to have lock on for the first rocket. With the phoenix you got 300 range guided that makes you a free kill and an aim based lazer that can still miss. Then you got the i look at you, lock on, and click left mouse 5 times and repeat.

300 range, fix flare and ''my rockets go through mountain'' bugs and keep visual and lock on target to get your rockets off. You lose sight you cant fire any more. Simple and balanced.
  3. G3arfried

Yeah i dont get soe. They fix zoe so fast but leave striker to make flying against tr a nightmare.
  4. GhostAvatar

Thats the difference, ZOE wasn't a fix, it was a balance by simple changing some stats. However, any kind of bug takes a minimum of a month for SOE to actually deal with, if at all. Hell there are even some bugs that I reported back in beta, that still exist even today.
  5. G3arfried

fix/balance i havent slept in a while spare me QQ. They can stop the daily striker is op threads by finely fixing it. >.>
  6. LT_Latency

The striker is for long range only. At close range the dum fire is better because I tank can just run over you or shoot you before you start shooting back.

You need to deal with the lock on before the rocks are about to hit you. If you wait that long they are already past the mountain and will just follow you as you go around the corner because they are right behind you.

If they reduce the strikers range it would be better to just turn it into a totally different weapon as it would be pretty garbage against planes.
  7. lilleAllan

I love the Phoenix, but it's hardly OP.
    It's ineffective vs air and infantry - only air you'll ever kill are hover noobs.
    It's effective vs noob engis at turrets and armor
    Range is only 300 m, projectile so slow that a gal can outrun it
    Combine that with a long reload and you have a somewhat low DPS
    Yes, it does shoot around corners, but you can still park your vehicle safely if you hug your cover.
    Also, Phoenix users will die more than a few times standing there. Blue rockets are basically an open invitation to snipers.
  8. GhostAvatar

Whether you been hit through terrain or not by others is a simple issue of the amount of usage of those lock-ons. However the bug still exists whether you have been hit by it or not. This is actually a well know fact and you can ask others on these forums if you really want.

Yes it does do 2500 damage per salvo, but what you are forgetting is that other lock-ons would be almost fully reloaded and onto their second salvo by the time the Striker has finished firing its first salvo. The TTK for example on a ESF between the Striker and the Anni is less than 3 seconds. It has great initial burst damage compared to the other lock-ons, which is semi-counter by is slow fire rate.

And trying to claim that the Striker is OP just because of a simple bug, well that is beyond ignorant. First fix the bug, which I am all for, then we can talk about it being OP. Especially since it is currently underperforming against the other ESRL, even with the bug.

But yeah, I agree it is a no skill and boring weapon to use. I wish to god that had made it different and fun to use, but the TR always get screwed in that department. Hell, its not even original or inspiring. But again things like that don't make it OP, just unimaginative.
  9. G3arfried

tell me how hard it is to shoot an esf at 300m with a normal lock on.. its not i do it all the time. The thing would be able to snipe things half a mile away and never get seen. This crutching on a 500m lock on fire and forget has been going on long enough. The anni does the least amount of dmg and can be pwnt by flares and obstacles. Please tr player pls see the light and ask your self do you really think a 500m 5 shot rocket launcher dealing more dmg then any of the other rocket launchers while only needing to lock on the first and not worrying about a damn thing because if they flare or dodge they still take dmg.

You cant be serious if you call that thing balance.
  10. G3arfried

but your missing the part where the 5 rockets follow the target beyond the range of 500m where your other launchers cant even do a single thing beyond 300m. Sure you will be reloaded but you gotta lock on again and the striker guy has probably pwnt an esf because all 5 shots can get an esf to 15% hp where as the normal launchers take 3-4 rockets if im not mistaken.
  11. GhostAvatar

I want nothing more than for them to fix it, but yeah, I am more likely to see Hossin before that happens.
  12. blackboemmel

if you get killed (or only hit) by a phoenix rocket you may say "me stupido" or "nice, that was skillfull".
    if you get killed (or hit) by a striker you may simply say "f***, that ultra-noob weapon got me AGAIN!"
    funny rant:
  13. Rayden78

Lol shooting down a phoenix .. you really took that serious? ;)

And i dont think Phoenix are OP ... at least NC have some fun weapon which they can shoot out of spawn, its fairly easy to evade a phoenix rocket if you know what you do.
  14. DashRendar

When your enemies are saying something you are using is "fine," yeah it's weak as hell and a non threat.

• Up x 1
  15. GhostAvatar

Thats where you are wrong, both the Anni and AA lock-ons have a lock-on range of 500m (same as the Striker). The Striker has a lock-on lose time of 2.25s, compared to AA lock-on of 2.5 and Annis 3s. All rockets have the same speed and travel distance as well. There really is very little difference between all of them, except the initial burst damage. But the simple fact is, if you can escape other lock-ons, you can escape being killed by the Striker. You will just be limping away with more damage instead.
  16. LT_Latency

Because it not against the normal lock on it's against the other faction launchers. If they other launchers only go 300m you have a deal.

The rest is BS, flare before the launcher start shooting and they can't even pull the trigger to fire a rocket. The second you flare the lock breaks and no shots can be fire until the flare wares off and you re lock on
  17. Athessu

That's kinda the point, at best a pilot is going to give you one salvo of damage before he leaves. You can either put him to 60-70% health with a regular lock on or the annihilator or your can put him to 20-30% health.

Which do you think ends with him dying more often?
  18. Rebelgb

I broke down and finally got a Stiker after all the QQ on these forums about it. Its a lot of fun but to be honest I dont get all the complaints. If you have a well cert'd Tank, Sundy or Hssr it takes a ton of shots to kill you with a Striker. If you have a Engi nearby its damn near impossible to take you down with a Striker unless you have 2 or more on you. It took 8 shots to blow up a parked Libby yesterday and I couldnt take out a VS tank even though I was on a cliff directly above the tank and had a sundy close by for recharges. I must have shot that tank 20+ times to no avail (there was ONE engi repairing it).

So give me a break. With C4 Instagibbing id lay off the Striker....

On a side note: I do agree with them Nerfing the Stikers ability to follow targets behind cover. Ive had missles fly right through domes, hills, trees and hit targets in the air. That can go.
  19. willowstyle

Well Phoenix is not so OP/present/boring.
    But the Striker is.

Nerfing MAX AA and doing nothing to the striker is a bad joke yes.
    Striker is now the best easy shoot AA and! AT weapon of the game.

pretty sure there are more thread about striker OP on this board than for ZOE...
  20. SolidSnake

Hmm judging by the question marks you are using you haven't actually used a Phoenix launcher outside of a VR room. "Travels so fast" really? the rocket moves so freakin slow that even the slightest move on your target makes you miss completely, and it only has a 300m range. What the F is OP about that? we give up so much range, it's useless against infantry AND aircraft, you need multiple Phoenix hits to kill a tank, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take about 10 seconds between hits, if you sit in the same spot as a tank driver for over 30 seconds and get blown up you deserved it.

What's are you crying for here? a hard counter to Phoenix rockets? all of that stuff I listed above isn't enough? now you want to nerf the Phoenix so it can't do the ONE THING it's still effective at, which is killing enemy armor within 300m? why not ask the devs to make it shoot confetti instead, then you'll be back here whining that it isn't the right color confetti.