Zoe ridicuously nerfred, give me my certs back SOE!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lux, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Slaidd

Higby should be fired.
    • Up x 1
  2. DashRendar

You aren't getting your certs back any more than I am getting my money back for dual Hacksaws or the Phoenix Rocket. Or even the newly nerfed Jackhammer, what a joke.
  3. Tristan

To be fair, wanting your certs back for the Phoenix just means you don't have any friends. Or at least no friends that also have a phoenix.
  4. zedfonsie

Hacksaws are still god in biolabs, the phoenix rocket was never meant to be an ai rocket, and if you bought it for that reason then well what do you expect? The jackhammer has always sucked, and on the PTS it seems the already terrible lasher and mini chaingun are getting nerfed.
  5. Jamil82

You can have your certs back when you are deducted all the certs you made with your MAX in the past month.
  6. Dvine

And this is based on your decision, because neither you neither the devs (the same guys who gave us the Striker and tons of broken stuff) can be wrong. Still you havent even argued with the 7t and 6th place of the ZOE boosted weapons and you do anything and everything not to discuss that.

Rick James would be proud of you buddy..
  7. Lividicus!

You should get banned. Why? Who cares. You got no reasoning for Higby needing fired. Believe it or not, he doesn't have as much say in what happens as you think. Just like Jay Wilson on the Diablo Team, everyone thought he was the problem, he got canned, then **** got even WORSE!

Quit WHINING people! It's pathetic! The ******* ZOE needed nerfed, it got it. Just like the ******* Prowler got nerfed, it needed it. Just like the damn Scatmax needed it. Are you seeing a pattern?

SOE does something simple, it's called exploitation and Money Making!

1. Give players new weapon or ability that is obviously overperforming any other weapon currently existing
    2. Collect profit from said weapon.
    3. Watch rage hit the forums, see a few hundred people quit playing altogether.
    4. Nerf said weapon or ability.
    5. Rinse, Lather, Repeat
  8. DashRendar

The Hacksaw even in Biolabs is only useful at the start of a battle when the first few people come through the spawn room and they aren't expecting someone to be standing there. Outside of that they will just get you killed, and isn't even useful for farming infantry. Max combat? Forget it, the spread is too large, capacity too low, and the reload too long.

The Phoenix rocket was nerfed against AI and that's a good thing (maybe), but it also does tickle armor damage and has wayy lower DPM than any other launcher and is harder to use realistically speaking. It simply cannot kill a sunderer if even 1 engineer is repairing it, and the range limitation on it makes it practically useless. All around it's a joke weapon, especially compared to the LOLStriker. I recently bought the Deci launcher and have since equipped it on all of my loadouts, it's so much better than the Phoenix in every way. Absolutely rips armor, high DPM, easy to use, doesn't get you killed for standing still.

The Jackhammer didn't use to suck, I quite liked it a lot previously. It had 10 shots with an extended mag option and it had the tightest spread of all infantry shotguns which gave it greater range and the ability to hipfire it at all times. I had great fun running around with it as a heavy and hipfiring people to death with it, it felt good to use because it rewarded accuracy. Now it has a ridiculous recoil that shakes the camera and causes motion sickness so it's unusable now for no actual reason.
  9. Slaidd

Yes, of course silence anyone who calls for Higby to be fired, for showing how clearly prejudiced and insulting he is against anyone that plays VS. Yes, he's really going to be influencing the game in an unbiased and equal way. Sure.

I'll say it again, Higby should be FIRED.

The rest of your post about SOE, is absolutely correct. You'd think people would wise up. I don't play MAX and don't care about ZOE. I think there are entire too many MAXes being used on all 3 factions.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mightywonder1

Personally (as a Vanu player) I'm not bothered at all, I rarely use it. Quite frankly if you're the sort of player that needs to hide behind ZOE to get a few kills then Vanu doesn't want you. Go back to the NC 4th faction! Better yet, to TR where they actually NEED pop.

Edit: I should point out that I play on Woodman where VS are extremely overpopulated right now.
  11. IronWarrior

Was typing 0 instead of zero that too much trouble?
  12. KodiakX

And ZOE is going to get balanced in the same way.

Semantics is fun.
  13. Keiichi25

Sigh... If we are going to go over this again... And before you say I am an NC wanting to keep my Enforcer, I will clue you in on the fact I play VS and TR and deal with said weapons.

If you want to argue the 10 vs 6 Rounds and 'better against Armor', let's put down a few things in comparison that you need to be aware of when you argue this.

The Enforcer Refire Timing is 1000ms. Which means, 1 round ever second. The Saron's Refire 200m. Which means, 5 shots every second. In a combat environment, while you are going to fire a wee bit slower to take advantage of recoil settle for longer ranges, the Enforcer requires the addition of adjusting for drop which the Saron does not. In both the Saron and Enforcer cases, both are equally 'fast' with respect to round velocity, however, at the close range, the saron will kick out more damage than the enforcer over a period of time, and this is presuming the saron hits with all its shots before reloading.

The saron is designed to be a versatile weapon, sniping at long range with accuracy (But pays for it by lower damage) for vehicle size targets, and higher in close damage by the rapid fire component. This is a merging of concepts of the NC (slightly better long range weapon in comparison to the TR's Vulcan) and TR (The ability to fire several rounds in succession compared to the NC's Enforcer)

Any true VS player would understand the fact that the VS weapons will vary on its punch due to the slightly better ability to hit or how fast the weapon will be able to fire. This has been true back in Planetside 1 and about the same here in Planetside 2.

I will say one thing about 'forumside'... Forums often times present possible alternatives that the devs dip into at times. Whether or not it actually is the 'steering' decisions, I will say it is about 20 to 30% of it, but only on the level of where out of the hundreds to thousands of posting people, only 5 or 6 people actually present meaningful, unbiased and reasonable comments on the issue.

Unfortunately, a lot of you guys are not reasonable on some of your comments. The other thing is, most of you also don't try to play the other side nearly as much as I try to and see how some of these fights work out with some of these weapons. It is all on perception or really BAD spreadsheet arguments. I mean, look at the above... Arguing about the Enforcer vs Saron on the number of rounds in the magazine and the damage output per round, but ignoring the rest of the facts about the weapons in question and citing how the Enforcer is better. Or how Dual AA Bursters are 'click and win' against air, ignoring the fact that the definition of 'click and win' is that anyone can win by just clicking, but serious players know this is simply not true.

I have played with ZOE and I found it overpowered for the AI component, simply because the damage taken increase coupled with the appropriate MAX armor upgrade will still be better than the other MAX armors by a fair margin. Yes, the MAX Armor reduction is not 'better' than the other Faction's MAX under the same conditions, but increase in damage taken is not nearly enough to make the mitigation seem detrimental except when using something that it does not mitigate. I also know that, when playing smarter as a ZOE user, the "getting used to the ZOE speed" counter argument is a fallacy, because a smarter ZOE MAX user will make sure to mitigate those opportunites and making use of the speed to their advantage unless they know they can't do much about it at all.

Now, I am no top tier player, my score ranking is probably not even close to the 50%, and I don't go by some of the postings people put for things, such as the Fracture MAX postings, but I do play by feel... The feel I get from some of the weapons are not exactly what some people seem to make. While I do get frustrated at times at some of the very same weapons, I also look at the circumstances of them and also point out why I feel certain comments are wrong, and willingly admit when I am wrong on things I state and presented proper information as to what I said is wrong.

I will state, I question Spreadsheet arguments posted, partly because I feel the statistical numbers people are getting are flawed or bereft of how some of that data is getting collected. A lot of the kills/score per hour metrics are going to be skewed as well as just purely not taking into account how some of the kills were achieved (IE: Certain combat will generate 'lucky' situations or if some of it is generated from players who aren't playing fair in general.) I will state for a fact, I have seen fights where I did get kills with certain weapons but only fired a few shots, mostly because I apparently was at the tail end of someone else's work and got lucky.

This is something some of the metrics you all are pulling that aren't getting... You get 'hits', 'shots fired', 'kills' and 'score'... But If I get points for killing a reaver with 1 shot of a lancer... It ignores the fact that I didn't do 90% of the damage, or if the Lancer was a Charged shot or a snap shot, but the metrics will show 'hit', '1 shot fire', '1 kill' and score for the ESF + bonuses (If any) + pilot kill if I got the pilot too, which inflates the 'value' of that metric despite the fact that reaver may have had an A2A missile, a few rotary rounds and some burster fire into before I got a snap shot into it. Which their metric scores will be lower, and only an assist versus a kill, and even then, if one of those other are only like a small percentage than two others, it does not even get measured into the player acquired statistics versus what the developers get metric wise.
  14. Machine Spirit

nice comeback, glad you couldn't think up a better excuse other than my usage of 0 over typing ''zero''
  15. Joram

I will wait till you release the movie instead of reading a wall of text.

Never said the enforcer is better, i said that the enforcer is better AGAINST ARMOR.

Video courtesy of EliteEskimo.
  16. avery649

I'm sorry... You waited until today AFTER the nerf of ZOE to complain about you Certs paid into it? Half of the BLOODY FORUM has consisted of nothing but posts regarding the ZOE for the LAST MONTH. And now you're upset? REALLY? You could have raised your hand and brought up this point, but no, you just stood by and watched and now you're going to make a fuss about it, once the action has finally taken place. You would think you would have seen all of the other threads about how people want their certs back after X has been nerfed. I'm sorry, but you should really consider paying attention to what forum discussion is going on. People were sick of VS maxes using such a powerful ability and the forum posts made that obvious. So it's a little too late for you to complain...
  17. Phazaar

OP is hilarious. Someone give that man a cookie. Most entertainment I've had since my internet got so slow I couldn't stream...
  18. Keiichi25

And if you bother reading what I posted, nimrod, I explained how the Saron is comparible... Go figure a thickheaded person dismisses points as fantasy because it is well over their IQ level see it.
  19. Goretzu

It is indeed. :) Don't see the semantics in that. :confused:
  20. Aragato

Has this change to the ZOE actually gone live? If not, this is a lot of conjecture for something that has not happened.