Worst buy that you ever made

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jur270, Jun 14, 2013.

1. TheRealMetalstorm

Worst purchase?
    uh.
    1000 certs on ***** vulcan.
    100 cert kobalt is easily superior nowadays.
  2. Roxputin

You haven't heard?. The dalton is getting its damage reduced.....but only for the VS.
  3. HannaDest

Vulcan gets a buff. You might be lucky.
    That said I absolutely like the kobalt.
  4. whitupiggu

Worst: Phoenix without a doubt.
    Best: Cyclone or AV turret.
  5. (-)IONS

HSR-1 scout rifle plus a bunch of certs getting scopes etc for it before I really tested it out. Stupid me, ts a heap of crap. Also a weapons pack no realising I couldn't pick what aircraft got what and the main weapons I really wanted ended up on my galaxy :(
  6. Titan6

7. TheRealMetalstorm

the vulcan that exists now on the PTS isn't very useful, since it has to spin-up; the spin-up slowly ramps RoF up. Which means, for high dps, you need to have a long burst, and the average dps won't be very good as well.
    Also, this means that spread will have to happen for higher dps. Coupled with already high base spread and tiny dmg per shot (aka low alpha damage) you have a close-to-useless weapon.

Have you seen videos of the new saron slaughtering infantry and armour? Vulcan can't multi-role like this.
    Watch this video. (Not mine)

• Up x 1
  8. PLooschacK

Stuff for my Scythe... Air Combat is boring and as far from being dynamic as air combat can be. I'm having much more fun with my Skyguard :)

In matter of best buy? Well, dunno. There was a time I would say 2nd Comet as it was awesome AV with no bullet drop and gave me great counter in BioLabs etc. against ScatMAXes when everybody - instead of using their brains - whined about NC MAX OPness :)
  9. chrisbeebops

10. Macchus

that stupid MCG ..
  11. Slaidd

Every single purchase I've ever made in this dumbSH!!T game are the worst buys I've made in the game.
  12. DashRendar

13. Vikingo

Everything I bought for the Reaver. Breaker and Tomcat pods. I can count the times I have used them on one hand....
  14. Pikachu

Vortek rotary cannon for Reaver. When I first played this game I thought I was going to be a good pilot. Turned out I am awful at flying and should never even thought of buying air plane weapons. I bought airhammer and rocket pods too btw. All was bought with SC btw.

Best buy was piston. It's the weapon I have the most kills with and it has been a fun weapon to use. Glad I bought and purple'd it before shotgun nerf.

Other good ones:
    Hacksaws
    Fracture
    GD-7F

Other bad ones:
    AP/HE for lightning (i'm no good tank driver, especially at combating enemy tanks)
    Warden battle rifle

Unsure:
    Decimator. Nothing against the weapon but the idea that it's better than default RL it it's just a delusion one gets. :L

:D

You bought it after the nerf?

Yeah chassis lights for my flash. I was dumb enough to buy 2! I like the idea of chassis lights but they are just so funking weak! Some colors are almost invisible in daylight against certain surfaces.
  15. Shoza Nakh

My top of useless things:

1. Annihilator - good only to kill flashes and how many flashes you see this days?
    2. Warden - yup, I can kill some ppl whit this one, but I can kill em better with any other gun except Annihilator.
    3. Skyguard - most useless and boring tank cannon I can imagine.

My best investment was, without any complaints, Commissioner pistol, gives me so much fun :)
  16. SClaw

Worst: X6 scope for an LMG. Yeah... yeah... that worked.

Best: Racer for my Prowler. Go-kart tank!
    • Up x 1
  17. Marinealver

one of the bundels when I already had 2 of the 8 items unlocked. If you already have an item unlock do not buy bundles. They only take around 15 cents off so yeah still nothing.
  18. HannaDest

Glad yer having so much fun.
  19. Sworaven

I'll second that.
  20. Marinealver

I think this thread if for $tation Ca$h not certs.

but I could be wrong.:oops: