Why I am quitting planetside 2.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by xGreedFuSioN, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Ogedai

2. Zcuron

I trust I am allowed to use myself as a source?

As for maximum FPS, I wouldn't know - I have mine limited to 60 in the useroptions.
  3. Mozenwrath

don't knock it till you've tried it.

so u say, I still say it's worth trying, if you are serious about a fix you can do yourself, it takes 5 secs to try

so try it, if it doesnt work - then complain.
  4. ALeviathan

It's becoming clear that 50% of the problems with PS2 is the user, fiddling with settings in game and their PC not knowing what and how it'll effect things. Whats left over is drivers, hardware, router/modems, internet connection and the rest is the game just hates some people PC's.
    • Up x 1
  5. FPSnoob

That is crazy!

I have an I5 and using the integrated HD4000 and I've never dropped that low in a large fight
    I have most settings on minimum but some even on ultra
    Sometimes for me it is time of day, certain times are just god awful and I'll have 10fps no matter what
    But in general I do pretty well (for such basic computer of course)

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/planetside-2-tweak-guide#1
    Have a read through this, a bit long but its very thorough, helped me a lot
  6. BlackDove

He doesn't need to run it in windowed mode at all.

If he has fog shadows on, he might have the performance he's getting, but I have a similar GPU and a slower CPU and I run it just fine on Ultra.
  7. PWGuy93

Didn't see it mentioned but what is your video card fan speed set to?
    Look at the temperature of your video card, adjust your fan speed or set to auto and you should see better frame rates...
  8. Jackther

OP, are you by chance using LucidVirtu MVP?

My current setup, a 3770K and an ASUS 7970, I ran LucidVirtu along with it which has given me an FPS boost about 15 to 20 FPS.
    I never, at any given time dip below 45 FPS in a zerg, unless it's a mindless zerg, which brings it down to a minimum of 30 FPS.

I had issues at first running Lucid Virtu which had my FPS running at 40 in the Warpgate, once I had disabled Virtual Vsync, my issues subsided and I could enable it again.

Give it a try, if you're not using Lucid Virtu then... I'm not sure what your issue could be, I play this game at forced Ultra settings.
  9. Van Dax

I find this amusing:
    bulldozer cpu(not even overclocked 'cause my mobo is a dickbag)
    8 gigs of ram
    regular old 500gig hardrive
    windows 8
    gtx-660ti

I run at ultra and get ~35-40 fps in large battles

How do you manage to get so low fps with "superior" intel hardware?
    • Up x 1
  10. BlackDove

A lot of people don't know how to configure their stuff, so they use recommended or default in Windows, drivers etc.

I have the same GPU as you, a "slow" i5-2320, a normal SATA 3 7200RPM HDD, and I manage to get 5-10 fps less than people with overclocked i5-3570K's and Titans.

I've got everything maxed out, including Ultra textures, high flora and high shadows, and I even have High Quality texture filtering, LOD bias clamped and triple buffered Vsync on in the Nvidia drivers.
  11. Mozenwrath

not really sure why you are so hell bent on him not trying it to see if it helps his framerate. - if it doesn't he can just set it back.. so why so much resistance Mr Dove...

i'd like to imagine it's because your very certain it wouldn't help.. but somehow i doubt you are that certain.
  12. Scientiarum

I think we all can agree on this.
  13. BlackDove

Because he has a better CPU and GPU than I do, and I run the game better on Ultra with flora and shadows on high. He needs to figure out what the cause of the issue is, not ruin the way the game looks, when he can run it just fine.
  14. Strottinglemon

Weird. I have everything turned up except for effects/particles (which get in the way, I still get 60 frames with them on), and PhysX (which eats FPS and looks bad). I've got a sandybridge i5 with a GTX 560 from a few generations ago.
  15. CHEF

16. Overheal

Why in a window? Why not fullscreen?
  17. Artemesia

Running a GTX 680 4GB with an i7-3770k running at 4.1ghz and 16 gigs of DDR3 RAM running at 1866 and I am getting about 25 FPS in most fights with everything on high, yeah. I don't think that should be happening because my friend's 660 TI runs this game wayyyyy better than I can.
  18. DonRaphaelus

Playing with a FX-6300, 8Gb Ram ddr3 (crappy generic ones), crappy generic Gigabyte MB, GTX550TI, getting 25 FPS in monster zerg battles (like when NC and TR tried to WG the VS, with a crapton of people in the same hex).

Everithing on ultra, shadows low, 1280x1024 resolution (yeah, crappy 19" monitor), flora off, render distance 3000, no physx.