Why I am quitting planetside 2.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by xGreedFuSioN, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Nocturnal7x

Turn AO off and turn shadows off.

Will help.

Yea, this game runs like garbage. SOE needed to do the multithreaded optimization before launch. They are bad and obviously don't like money.
    • Up x 2
  2. Tricky

Watch it, if your CPU is strong enough you can get 60+ FPS in small fights easy. At least it worked for me.
  3. Cab00se187

Stop screwing with the useroptions.ini file and use the one actually in the game. Pro tip, Ultra is included now
  4. IamDH

Whats AO? :eek:
  5. THUGGERNAUT

this is probably one of the few games ever where you have to progressively turn your settings down after every update. launch? everything on high. 6 months later? turn off shadows, particles, AO, and still get worse performance than launch.
    • Up x 1
  6. Cab00se187

Negative. I've never had to turn my settings to low. I've never had to turn anything off. Error is on the users end from people who have no clue what they are doing with their system
  7. avery649

8. Nocturnal7x

Ambient Occulsion
  9. xGreedFuSioN

I clearly stated I've tried all sorts of graphics configurations.
  10. xGreedFuSioN

11. xGreedFuSioN

Once again, I stated that I've tried low, ultra low, medium, custom settings, high settings, ultra settings, all sorts of configs. I get crappy fps no matter what so the game might as well look nice.
  12. xGreedFuSioN

Read above posts.
  13. Jaes

Then something else is going on. I'm running this game on high with a 3570k and a GTX 570 and I get 40 fps in large fights. The only places I drop below 40 is in Amp Stations for whatever reason. I haven't OC'd my 3570k either.
    • Up x 1
  14. xGreedFuSioN

Oh and might I also mention that wherever I am, but more noticably in warpgate or places where you can actually can't count the frames, It'll drip randomly from 50 down to 1 or 2 for like .02 of a second, giving things a weird stuttering feeling.

Not to mention the crashes, white flashing screen, or numerous other glitches. it amazed me as to WHY you're all defending soe.

I'm guessing most of you didn't read the whole post and just assumed it read "running full ultra with bad fps on ultra rig wat du"

No.
  15. NaySayer

Everyone says "oh how about turning your graphics down". That's ********, with a machine like that, why shouldn't this game be playable? This game is poorly optimized, I like how everyone says just play it on low, ugly graphics, turn off ultra on a machine with 16gb ram, an i7, and a gtx670....

xGreedFuSioN, I'm on the same boat, I'm close to dropping this increasingly unplayable game. My rig isn't as good as yours, but I can run any other game on ultra. Any DX11 game I might add, this game is running DX9... Hopefully I have the patience to wait until the ps4 comes out. Apparently that's when the game will actually be optimized.
    • Up x 1
  16. St0mpy

so you load down your game with a raft of unpredictable non-validated un-bugfixed graphics options and then complain your pc creaks and chuffs like its burning coal, so much so toys are coming out of the pram and youre leaving?

i dont know what to say to that, really... :rolleyes:
  17. Littleman

Sounds like a personal problem if others with similar rigs aren't having issues with framerates nearly as bad as you are having. tried running Razer Game Booster to shut down unnecessary back ground processes?

Also, I stopped using physX not only because of frame rate hits and generally being a very blinding graphical setting, I actually crashed with it on. With it off, the worst I suffer are screen locks, which I can work around by minimizing the game and reopening the window.
  18. Tasogie

Shouldn't have too, this isn't an intensive game graphics wise. I have a top of the line system myself. I only get 90-100 fps in warpgate an down to 40-50 in battles. If I am recording videos at time I get 20-25.....
  19. Ashnal

Here's your problem. All you need to do is turn off shadows completely and you'll have much better FPS. Shadows suck up a lot of CPU time, which is better spent processing players, vehicles, and projectiles in large fights. At the very least set it to low and you'll gain a noticeable amount of FPS.
  20. theholeyone

As people keep pointing out, this should not be happening. It doesn't happen to the rest of us. That is why we're defending SOE.

The obvious recommendation is to look through settings etc, but it sounds like you've already done that. I'd go for a fresh install. Also, apparently BTC mining malware is becoming common, check your GPU load at idle.