The Lattice System is Disappointing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Padinn, May 25, 2013.

1. vilehydra

Best way to fix this, add strategic vulnerabilities behind enemy lines, aka supply lines or comm centers.

Just a quick system I thought off off the top of my head.

You can only pull a tank from a base if the base has the requisite resources that are needed. So If I need to pull an ESF the base must have at least 200 aerospace resources stockpiled, I would still only be able to requisition my personal amount of resources (the 750 resource cap that we all have).

Resources would travel from warpgates or stockpiles to base via either supply lines (which are static and destructible) or a modern incarnation of the ANT. Meaning that smaller squads could effectively sabotage zergs who weren't guarding their supply lines. Also a zerg is no longer the most effective use of tanks because they require so much resource upkeep, which requires an even larger supply line, which creates an even juicier target.
    • Up x 1
  2. The Loverator

Interesting - 'cause that's what You do - and every other Troll/Flamer, who attempts to interfere in Topics like this.

I support him: We need "BOTH" Systems - so People like me who love the Freedom of the Game, can plays like
    they want - while everyone else can calmly go and f*** themself when trying to force "their" Will over that of others.

Wait... ... that Name... ... Caboose... ... were YOU the N.C. C*** i killed so often in the Beta, on Miller?
    • Up x 1
  3. Cab00se187

First off, this isn't a pick your own game mode type of game. Planetside is the way it is for a reason. Again, there is a magnitude of games that people like you and the ones who want to play CTF, DM, TDM can go do. Why are you guys trying to ruin planetside?

Edit, nope, played on Genudine
    • Up x 2
  4. PhiladelphiaCollins

Put down the red bull son.
    • Up x 2
  5. Boomotang

6. Vanus Aran

Wrong - its not a cab00se-game.

You zergers wont prevail. Thats for sure.
    There are too many people enraged by this crap.

And I can only expect ill will comming from all you lattice-voters.
    You have no great senses of archievment anyway since you are unable to find it or are too arrogant and conceited to join forces with others in the first place, because you have no friends and life turned you into victims... or something like this.
    And now you want to ruin others peoples gameplay-experience ouf ot jealousy.
    Laugh this post down if you want but people will have read this and those who didnt knew it already, do it now.

Be brave - find your reason in PS2 and enjoy the game.
    You can do it if you just want.
    • Up x 2
  7. Cab00se187

Funny story, I didn't vote for a lattice system. In fact I was against it but it has finally brought purpose and life back to the game. Too much life for my tastes. Indar has become a gigantic battleground where no one is making any headway and a lot of the fights don't move more that 4 areas before going back into a complete circle. The difference with you anti-lattice people is that I realize what the functionality of lattice system will do once more continents are implemented and continent lock is in place. I'm not on these boards kicking and screaming for SOE to change their game into BF:CoD 5
    • Up x 1
  8. Vanus Aran

You got no idea how pitiful this sounds. The engine cant support this battles anyway.
    People rendering literally around 80x times later at when the engine is at its best just to make the game not crash or lagg.
    Idiotic lemming zergs who feel like they experience something because they are running with others like livestock. People that they dont even communicate with.
    How much can one lie to themself im beginning to ask myself these days?
    Is being forced into a stereotypical pattern so much fun? Why are you even living as an individual?
    Why do you even got your own face, your own voice, name, appearance, backgroundstory?

To throw it all away in a game and run with the horde - what a joke.
    • Up x 1
  9. The Loverator

You really love being reported, can it be?

Jeah, we don't like Lattice. And i already made a Character only to "Betray" People on another
    Faction and then deleting him again. Yes, i am an "evil" Person. I'm so bad. So horrible - or not?

Maybe it wasn't the last Time i fought against a Lattice-Zerg with "that" Tactic...
  10. queue

You are an idiot.
  11. Chipay

Our outfit just laughs at Lattice;
    "Hey guys, we capped this base, where too next?"
    "Hmm...."
    "So many options... like there's only going forward... Follow the line!"
    "Follow the line, follow the line follow the line!"

"Okay guys, we're switching to Esamir"
    "Omg, i don't know what to do, there's no line!"
    "Fall back to the warpgate, all hope is lost, we don't know where to go next!"

Back when there was no lattice and we had SW WG we used to cap the empty bases to get too Mani Biolab, we capped it, and enjoyed NC and TR attacking a biolab they couldn't take for hours.
    We pushed with sunderes from Ceres to the Crown from the back.
    We pushed to the South East to warpgate lock the NC and watch them spam tanks and air which we killed from the top of the ravines.
    Many fun thigs were taken away for regulating battle flow, it might be for the good of this game, but damn the feeling you get when you 'exploited' the hex system will be one of the best memories that I'll have from this game.
    • Up x 3
  12. indianahoops

I am glad you found a way to enjoy the new Lattice system.

I hope you continue to enjoy the new Lattice system as its deployed to the other continents.

See you on the battlefield.

:)
  13. Jex =TE=

Hands up who's fought battles in those bases you always drove by or ghost capped!
  14. PyroPaul

I can't Find the Line!
    • Up x 1
  15. Jex =TE=

Hands up who's fighting battle in bases they used to just drive by or ghost cap!
  16. DiveXx

Let's make this clear before you read further, im a fan of the Lattice and the game is better than before Lattice.

But it made one thing worse: Lattice + Incredible bad Base Design = Undefendable Bases
    Ik some bases received a redesign but not all, just look at this Screenshots and the EXP you get more is so minor , why should ANYONE defend a base when you get little to no Bonus and often it's just immposible, no matter if you are a organized ouftit or solo player. Zerg > Squad .

Just enjoy this two pictures:[IMG]

10-14% Defense Bonus. Awesome.

[IMG]

They got 87% and we got 13%. GJ Soe, what you are paying your Devs in? Cookies?
  17. Tricycle

I'd say that the current implementation of the lattice system in PS2 is a joke compared to what we had in PS1. I suppose SOE has already invested so much into the hex system that they don't want to give it up so easily. Thus we have this weird half-breed of the hex system and the lattice, which quite frankly fails to deliver.

However, I wouldn't say that the lattice should be gone. It should be properly implemented first. See how it works and then make up your mind.

The bottom line is that there was nothing wrong with the PS1 lattice. It worked perfectly. One reason for it's success was the space between the bases, which allowed great battles to form in the landscape. Compare that with PS2 where you are ALWAYS fighting at some sort of base, outpost or tower. That's all due to the hex system and the huge number of outposts (there are +80 in Indar).

The limited number of targets in PS1 and the extra space between them gave you plenty of meaningful ways to play the game. Now we push the enemy to a meaningless outpost, camp their spawns for 5 minutes and then walk to the next meaningless outpost, which is right there and repeat the whole thing until you meet the enemy zerg. It's so frustrating and boring. I can't believe why anyone would favor this over proper lattice.