And another "Lattice Alert" ended...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vanus Aran, May 30, 2013.

1. Vanus Aran

... and it was so boring and lowclass that indeed only the increased xp is worth the time.
    And not even that! People just go there in masses wherever an alert is and to not join is just to waste time.

Because it was obvious where people could strike, people camped like never before.
    Now its truly "Camperside2 - Because Lattice Always Matters" or something like this.
    People camped on Crossroads Landingpads like hell - and this is now "skill" or what?
    SOE at least remove the possibility to place any kind of turret on an landingpad!!!

Its a vehiclezone and nothing else to be picky! That Infantry floods it, who is nearly imun against all kinds of Tankfire due to the shìtty angle to hit them - I bet SOE never intended that.
    Give Towers more turrets in general, maybe more battlements but stop this lowquality noobherpderp spamming of Antivehicleweapons!
    At least Engineers!

Oh man that was crappy again. Zergs everywhere.
    Organized coordination and spontaneous coordination dont make any difference anymore.
    If not to spam some kind of vehicle or Infantrycombination that is simply "< Zerg" anyway.

How anyone can take real fulfilment out of this is a mystery to me. All the smaller fights sacrificed for this crap. All the fights that really took huge different turns by making a correct judgement or a wrong one, having luck or having misfortune, everything disappeared.
    In order to have the most boring kind of battles. MMO? OMG rather!
    Yeah the day lattice goes on all continents, its lights out for longevity of this game.
    • Up x 7
  2. Udnknome

you don't like big battles?? Perhaps MMO is not for you.
    • Up x 19
  3. COMMANDER K33N

So somebody killed you with a turret?
    • Up x 2
  4. FigM

The root of the problem is that infantry can hold their own against armor and they don't need resources to do that.

Taking a biolab, or amp station, or tech plant, has almost 0 impact on faction power. Resources and vehicles are simply "nice bonus" but all you really need to win is "more people than your enemy"
    So when every faction has equal number of people, the battle stagnates and becomes a meaningless grind. There is no opportunity for real strategic victory.

I know MMO games always try to turn games into never ending grind. But serious players want ability to win with strategy and tactics, not pure pop numbers.
    • Up x 1
  5. PhiladelphiaCollins

Pro tip...Zergs happened on Hex too. Except now they're at least more likely to meet up with half-zergs and produce some actual results.
    • Up x 9
  6. S1eB

There are less Zergs since Lattice. \_/ <--- this is my tears bucket, it's ready to collect your tears OP.
    • Up x 11
  7. Tilen

Made me giggle there buddy and thus you deserve a reply. :)
    • Up x 5
  8. Razzyman

Hey OP, I fear you may have just complained about massive battles in a massive multiplayer online game :(. There's definitely some irony there. With that being said, PS2 is about massive battles, about giant armies vying for control of Auraxis. There is still room for tactics and skill in this game, but its not the end all be all, you have to have numbers (or ZOE MAX's) as well. It doesn't matter how skilled you are, fighting an army with just one squad (I was kidding about the MAX's, its just that I feel what could be better than combining the two great whine thread topics into one) is a recipe for defeat. PS2 isn't just about how skilled you are but how well you can work with the rest of your faction to apply the necessary force where needed. It's about making the strategic choices in abandoning one lane to take another, coming up with a way to cut off the lane your enemy is advancing on somewhere by their warp gate. It's about the big picture, you're just a tooth in a cog that drives a motor that's just a small part of giant war machine, not the guy who's 1337 skills should turn the tide of battle, because for all those great moves you just made to frag that room full of enemies at that gen there's 3 more squads coming up the stairs, and if they have sparkly high heeled MAX's may Vanu help you :p.

In the end man PS2 might not be for you. Based on other posts you seem to enjoy the smaller more tactical based style of play, the good news is there are plenty of games out there that specialize in that. PS2's specialty is massive battles though, where numbers do matter. It's OK to not like it, and yeah, if you've spent money it sucks, but you seem to be rallying against st the very nature of this game, one that I happen to enjoy. I know its not perfect, it has flaws, I know not everyone loves it, some hate it, but it's what was advertised and its what I really enjoy.

Now, that's not all to say stuff it, if people are unhappy they should give input on their feelings and thoughts. I personally hope SOE can make some adjustments and additions to the lattice so everyone can really enjoy the heck out of this game the I do, but, may I suggest to you that these threads don't help, they're just fuel on the fire. We know your thoughts, we know you don't like it, more threads really aren't necessary :(.
    • Up x 1
  9. Dramma Lamma

Wait Op's logo is an infiltrator, and hes complaining about the most prime sniper targets?

:eek:
  10. ent|ty

^^ these type of people just don't get it.

It's not that we're not into big battles, its just that our choice and options are gone. and Unnecessarily gone. Pre Lattice, there was nothing stopping people from going Zerg vs Zerg.

The only thing that changed, is now they are forced to go Zerg vs Zerg. We didn't gain anything, we lost something.

Choice on how we like to play the game.

Numbers and big battles won't make this game a hit. Choice will.
    • Up x 8
  11. IamDH

This is like your third thread about lattice..
    • Up x 1
  12. PhiladelphiaCollins

How are you forced to go Zerg vs Zerg? You can just as easily push forward, begin clearing out a future point to leap frog ahead once a previous point is captured.

The only thing lattice really removed is ghost capping and other such related ********.

About the only exception to this is the converted tech/bio labs.
  13. jdono67894

I started playing planetside 2 because it advertises massive battles but there are too many massive battles!
    • Up x 5
  14. DramaticExit

I just particpated in an alert on Indar which came down to a zerg-y hour long meatgrinder at Howling Pass.

While I enjoyed it, I couldn't help but think it would be more interesting if we had slightly better tactical and strategic options open to us, than people did at the somme.

Massive battles are awesome. It really winds me up that people think "Oh, he doesn't like lattice, therefore he must hate massive battles"

Massive battles are more than just "zerg make tanks, zerg go headbutt other zerg, grunt, ugg." They should require some logistical thinking, some strategy and thought... At the moment, the lattice system does not encourage thinking. It encourages pushing more men into the fight, WW1 style.

There are suggestions which are better than the current implementation of lattice.
    • Up x 2
  15. PhiladelphiaCollins

Option 1: Don't waste time at Howling Pass.

All other options are dependent upon that one....ignoring their existence works too though, cuz then you can go to the forums to yap about it.
  16. Rivenshield

I LOLed. :D
  17. Udnknome

He's trying to make it seem like "everyone" hates lattice. That's simply not true.

You want to destroy lattice, remember that this is a business first. Don't play on indar if you don't like lattice. So far, indar is the only continent with a que between alerts. (on connery)

The lattice haters are in the minority.
    • Up x 1
  18. Vanus Aran

And I will never stop. Look forward to it!
    You people just dont get it that im someone not primarily but "effortlessly" do ghostcapping on a regular bases and have no problem to stop enemy ghostcappers - if that is what looks the best option right now to me.
    Im not a lazy human, unlike you?

IM FIGHTING FOR MY VISION ACTUALLY.

THIS as well! Lattice didnt gave anything - it only took away.
    It took freedom of choice away. And it took variety away. Variety = Seize.

Spamming doesnt mean Seize. It means repeating the same single action from before.
    Its a confession of having no creativity or not knowing anything better to do.
    It means a game is not able to deliever true depth, true strategical elements, no innovation, no alternatives, no glorious "participation".
    As Planetside2 is currently compared to before -> THE GAME PLAYS YOU.

I just dont take it. I dont believe that others dont notice that. They are haters, lazy people or JUST GREEDY CERTPOINTFAMERS who want tons of meatgrinders (!!!) in order to fed their ugly ego by having lots of certpoints to upgrade their totally not impressive character with, that NO ONE will think of special anyway beside themself!!
    Instead of having fun, sharing fun and adding to the fun - they can only DESTROY it by whining in the forums and making SOE initiate stupid changes.

Maybe SOE would have done it anyway, in order to see how it works.
    At this point, appreciated developers who delievered us a good game: Thanks for trying to turn PS2 into something even better but this change was horrible and destroyed the variety of battles in the game and the glorious archievements one can experience in a competition ingame.

Lattice is giving hardcore players who grasp every straw to turn the tides of a battle no reason to play PS2 any longer and its making victorys and defeats worthless - due to not rewarding skill at all and only giving credit to the sheer number of people being online.
    There is no reason at all to use Galaxys, there is no reason at all to spawn vehicles aside Sunderers with Spawnunit-cert, there is no reason to even THINK thanks to all of that taken away by the prisonbars of lattice, there is no reason to feel like you deserve a victory.
    There is no reason... to reason.

Zerg is the only thing that matters... right now.
    • Up x 4
  19. Blashemer

[IMG]

I'm gonna keep this picture on my bookmark bar, because it seems I can't throw it out there enough.

This game was advertised as a MMOFPS that features epic-sized battles. It just so happens that the game was also built for this kind of gameplay.

Not small skirmishes. Not squad vs. squad engagements. Not CoD. Not Battlefield. Both of those franchises are just fine in what they bring, but Planetside 2 is neither of those nor will it (hopefully) ever be.

What's the point of having 900+ people on a continent if only 12 fight 12 all the time? Or even 24 vs 24? I'll just go play a smaller-scale FPS for that.

Also: For every time (and this goes for everyone reading this) you think you want to post "zerg" on here, I want you to remember every time you had to put down a dearly loved pet. That should mold you into a better person.
    • Up x 1
  20. Blashemer

[IMG]

I'm gonna keep this picture on my bookmark bar, because it seems I can't throw it out there enough.

This game was advertised as a MMOFPS that features epic-sized battles. It just so happens that the game was also built for this kind of gameplay.

Not small skirmishes. Not squad vs. squad engagements. Not CoD. Not Battlefield. Both of those franchises are just fine in what they bring, but Planetside 2 is neither of those nor will it (hopefully) ever be.

What's the point of having 900+ people on a continent if only 12 fight 12 all the time? Or even 24 vs 24? I'll just go play a smaller-scale FPS for that.

Also: For every time (and this goes for everyone reading this) you think you want to post "zerg" on here, I want you to remember every time you had to put down a dearly loved pet. That should mold you into a better person.