Oppose Lattice System? Help Me Understand

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan 117, May 30, 2013.

1. Spartan 117

So with the introduction of the Lattice system, the forums have been lit on fire with players screaming about how lattice system removes "strategy" & "skill" from Planetside 2. Small outfits are no longer able to make a impact etc etc etc.

I belong to a small outfit & we love the lattice system. It promotes what this game was designed for - massive conflict. If you thought capping empty territories around contested areas for the past 6 months was somehow indicative of skill/strategy your mistaken. If you don't like fighting why are you even playing Planetside to begin with? Even with the lattice system you often have multiple lanes/alternatives to choose from to complete your objective. Its just that now you have opposition. Is that what upsets you?
  2. Argoyn

I think that the main problem is that when there's an equal / near equal number of players on the continent the fights are great fun and awesome to participate in, but when there's an overwhelming amount of X faction vs a small amount of Y faction that's online the players from Y faction will get destroyed 1 map at a time without being able to do much about it.

I do like the Lattice system myself but I wouldn't want to see it on every continent, the hex system should remain on atleast 1 continent to give Y faction atleast a chance to have a fight against a somewhat equal number of X faction players without being forced to watch the show from the spawn room.
  3. Alystan

I don't mind the latice system. The thing is, I use to have fun at the crown from time to time and now this place is dead.
    It is not dead because of the new capture point position (although I reckon they are pretty badly chosen), but the lattice system makes that this is not a disputed area any more as you can only attack it on specific conditions related to the latice constraints.

Also, the situation is very zergish right now. I like zerg sometimes, but I also use to like defending an output from being ghost capped by myself against small group of 2 to 5 opponents. These oportunities never come any more.

So I am not saying there is less strategy, just a lot less veriations in type of fight. And, at least for me, I think it is less fun.

Of couse, the other continents are not latticed yet. But with the low population over there it is just not the same. Also, there is nothing like the crown on the other continents.
  4. Riskae

lol, look at the zerging clown who didn't know how to find one of the dozen large fights that were always happening in hex.

YOU can't figure out where to go without bright yellow lights showing you the way... the rest of us were doing fine.

I've seen it. the only people who were really really frustrated with hex, were people with no skill at commanding platoons of people.

sometimes good commanders would get frustrated playing whack a mole, but that only happened when we were on the off continent and populations were really low. alerts changed all that and fun was being had... then lettuce.
  5. LordMondando