Why are Zergs rewarded so greatly?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codeak, May 29, 2013.

1. Codeak

Zergs should be easily defeated. They aren't.

Currently Zergs can only be defeated by a bigger Zerg.
    so sad

Why can't Zergs be defeated by tactics? Shouldn't they be easily put into disarray and be dismantled because of that?
    • Up x 3
  2. TicTacRock

They can't be defeated by tactics because nanites allow them to almost infinitely recuperate losses. Many weapons and vehicles are just too easily acquired.
    • Up x 3
  3. Hetzau

There is no game out there, be it any genre, where players can successfully deal with a blob of doom. Not even if you had orbital weapons, because the blob would just...well appear elsewhere.
    • Up x 1
  4. Codeak

Yeah that might be one of the reasons.

I think specifically this leans towards infantry, infantry lose nothing if they die, as opposed to say a tank brigade. (which i argue infantry is way better then any tank brigade, or air brigade)
  5. Vanus Aran

One change and Zergs will be forced (<- god I like this new, lattice-like interpretation)
    to play in a skilled manner, now matter how many off their enemys are trapped in the lattice-cage.

Every hex gets its own respawn-timer! You can only spawn in this hex once for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
    Similar to a Spawnbeacon. If the enemys and allys numbers reach a certain height, the respawntimer is rising as well.
    Bigger fights need to be tougher in general and make Medics more vital.

Currently Medics are only used to push a Zerg more into the enemys direction slowly.
    If they grow vital for defense as well, they will automatically be more appreciated by their allys and less seen as annoyance.
    I dont like Medics. All they do is ressurrect Maxes at big camperpartys, becomming half like trolls in my eyes.
    • Up x 1
  6. Codeak

Well you would think that they would appear elsewhere further back towards their warpgate right? thats a good thing.
  7. Hetzau

Not really, because it's still zerg warfare. I mean even if they were pushed, you'd require a huge blob to actually take over their base because it's impossible to win 20 vs 150.
  8. Codeak

ok yeah thats what im saying the problem is, only zergs can defeat zergs
  9. Vashyo

I would see the casual crowd ragequitting for having such inconvenient gameplay sadly, most big battles would be over in a mere minute and you would have to spend 90% of your time traveling to the next one.
  10. Codeak

lol well medics are the back bone to the infantry zerg. (which infantry are the only ones who can impact the battle)
  11. Boomotang

Every game is a numbers game! In COD if one person comes across 2-3 players working together he will probably die. In BattleField if 3 players come across 6, they will probably die! In hockey if you have a 3 on 1 you have a very good chance of getting a goal. In real life war, if a company comes across a battalion they have a good chance of dying unless they fall back. Numbers ALWAYS matter! It's an argument that is used way too much.

The trick is coordinating and organizing those numbers to be more efficient.

I do think some things could be done to make it more tactical. Like adding ANTs and "tickets" to territories. Making spawn times longer. Not allowing you to redeploy across the map, forcing people to use transports.

But it can get tricky. You have to balance between arcady spawning back into action immediately, and tactical war sim die and you're out. This game IS in the end about MASSIVE FIGHTS. That is it's whole advertising campaign.
    • Up x 6
  12. Codeak

i dont think organization helps ever, even when directing a zerg. Thats why the only tools we have are giant arrows from the sky. ( i mean seriously think about it, SOE has been laughing at us this whole time)
  13. Tommyp2006

Because there aren't enough choke points in this game, not even close. And there need to be lots of them between bases. Right now, anywhere between a major facility is open season for a zerg.
  14. Boomotang

Well I know for a fact that a large outfit OP can look "zergish" at times but is VERY organized, through layers of chains of command in TeamSpeak. Also I added more to my original post.
  15. Codeak

Id be happy if they had a map with just 2 warpgates and 3 routes intertwining, i think thatd be fun to learn to conquer.
  16. Basti

What are you talking about?

Zergs can be defeated by tactics, doing it day after day.

Its just that you are not good enough for it. You ARE the zerg.
  17. Codeak

oh im not good enough for it, what should i do to prove myself for it?

idk what ur talking about me BEING the zerg, sound like some zen ****.
    • Up x 1
  18. Basti

Its simple: Everyone is the Zerg. You, me, everyone.

The zerg is everyone you dont exactly know what he is doing. So, for you, your outfit isnt the zerg, because you know what you folks are up to.
    Same for me, but i also have a bunch of other outfits over TS3, so i know what they are up to. I also use leader, so i know what other folks are up to. Because of that, all those folks get pulled out of the zerg, and become individual units i can directly communicate with. That means i know what they plan, what they think, what they want.

Now, imagine: Big battle going on between indar excavation and quartz ridge. YOu ask around comms/leader and figure out that outfit A, B, C and D are involved. You come along with your outfit E as well.

All of you are heavily outnumbered, TR are pushing hard, you wont possibly hold if you just defend at quartz.

You get smart.

Pull your outfit to one side via sunderer, use your fancy AV and AA to open up a flank. That means the TR now have to deal with your fire as well as with all the fire coming directly from quartz.

Find an outfit that enjoys Libs and is good with them, get them to pull them and prepare at the opposite side. Means, for example, Outfit A,B and C defend quartz directly, your outfit E is to the left flanking heavily, and outfit D awaits your signal at allatum. Once The TR fully focus you and quartz, and once you figured out where the TR AMS are, you tell outfit D to strike. They try to get the AMS, but even if they cant, your Outfit E uses the confusion and chaos caused by the Libs to change position and strike the enemy AMS.
    • Up x 2
  19. Zapon

#1. Size always matters- that's the motto of htis game
    #2. Because on some servers the "zerg" size has been decreasing

Yet, we're supposed to see battles of 300 vs 300 and bigger

I sense a disconnect, and the OP's idea they are 'rewarded' greatly, would lead to a mindset that offers solutions that don't increase the size of the battles

Not to mention, inherently, there is nothing wrong with bringing a large force.
  20. Codeak

then the enemy zerg still wins cause they have more people