Is coming dead of all VEHICLES from the Battlefield ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, May 29, 2013.

1. KlyptoK

There is absolutely no way I'm getting out of my tank to do something like that. Ever.
  2. HadesR

I don't really see how that is much different than now for ESF ( Libs are a different matter ) It's why it will be interesting to see it in practice ....

Hmmm but one thing that does spring to mind and I'm not sure if it's been picked up on yet ... Will the shields not make the Defenders Air totally dominate ? Since they could hover within their own shield and not have to worry about long range AA while they just pod any attackers infantry ...
  3. TintaBux

The difference is, with the new walls, shields etc, the bases will be much more defended, in a much more organized force, then now. If the force gets quite large than AA will be covering all around and any air that comes through will just be instantly wasted. It happens now yes, but air has to actually get inside the shield to do anything if the shields are brought in, and that will be hard with any reasonable force defending.
  4. Ash87

If the maxes are going to attack Aircraft, they would need to be out in the open, away from cover... you know, out where all the tanks are.

This shield, despite what is advertised, is going to give a decided boost to the attackers.

Plus it is confirmed, from the shields people found on test last night, you can bob down below the shield and fire a weapon. In other words, Liberators can simply sit ontop of the shield and continually bob through it for easy kills.
  5. Mefi

6. Elrobochanco

Tell me what you are doing with a lightning or MBT inside of a base aside from spawn camping.

Vehicles are meant to fight vehicles, and all the really great vehicle action happens outside of bases. You could call it taxi'ing, but that implies you don't care to fight.
  7. gigastar

Even Stew has better english than this guy.
  8. S1eB

The tears of farmers are delicious tears. Bases should be infantry only, the perimeter and outposts should be guarded by vehicles but not inside them.

This is a good change, battles will last longer, vehicles will be forced to fight vehicles and not infantry. It will prevent infantry from getting tank spammed and give them a chance to actually defend bases.

Cry more farmers and enjoy having to earn your XP.
    • Up x 1
  9. rayvon

I think its a good idea and it has nothing to do with COD kids, not everywhere should be open to cowardly flyers like youself to farm easily.
    We had infantry only areas in PS1 while you were stat padding in your chopper in battelfield.
  10. bodmans

Snipers from outside wont be Able to shoot inside

Um, in the preview They showed small and large outposts. All had shields
  11. GunghoBoda

Well its obvious you never played PLANETSIDE 1, because if you did you would now that in order to take the base you had to get out of your vehicle and go inside the base, sure you can surround the base with tanks and air but that was it, to cap it you actually had to earn it not sit outside in tanks and air and spam cap points from afar.. i see nothing wrong with this..
    • Up x 2
  12. Nuggetman

If they only want vehicles attacking other vehicles then they should remove all certifications and weapons from vehicles that are specialized for killing infantry. I like the idea of moving cap points inside, but putting giant domes on everything is lazy as ****.
  13. Vikingo

You dont drive tanks do you?
    First there are already quite few bases you cant get into with a MBT. But those you can get into or the ones you have a line of sight into you can blast away engineer turrets, MAXes etc that makes life difficult for my factions infantry. Spawn camping occurs more or less only when the base is already taken to keep the enemy in their spawn while everyone waits for the capture timer.

What I fear and what pisses me off with this change is that once you reach the base ,wether there were armor to fight on the way there or not, is that your tank becomes pointless. You wait outside, bored out of your head the 15 min or so for the base to capture or you desert your tank for anyone with C4/AT mines/ lolpods to farm for easy XP. Not to forget you also have to return to your tank every 4:30 min or so for it to not de-spawn.

But I guess we will have to see how many bases they do change.
  14. EliteEskimo

Once they implement this I think they need to rebuff vehicle splash and splash damage to its previous form. Vehicles need to be the kings of the open field again.
  15. LynxFury

What tanks have always done when they've taken the risk of supporting infantry in urban areas since about 1939, controlling lanes of travel, laying suppressive fire on buildings and gun emplacements, providing cover and infantry and other support vehicles.
  16. S1eB

You don't have to wait outside sitting in your tank, try stepping out of it once in a while and doing some infantry fighting. It's easy to sit there blasting away in your tank, now you will have to leave it and fight for the base as infantry.
    With the amount of fighting going on inside the base there aren't going to be many people trying to C4/AT your tanks either. And if there is then it's up to the infantry and vehicles on the outside to defend them.

The days of easy mode base capture are coming to an end, soon it will be an all out infantry battle inside the base and whoever puts up the best defence/attack wins. No more infantry can't move out of the spawn or get to certain areas because there are tanks spamming them.

I don't see why people wouldn't like this change, anything that makes the battles bigger, last longer and make them more fun is a good thing.

The only people who would not be happy about this are vehicle ****** and farmers.
  17. Beartornado

Because farming infantry in tanks and aircraft is so much better than "COD kids."

Its funny you'd even call indoor fighting of infantry "COD kids." You're throwing around a term that doesn't even properly represent what you're accusing. In close quarters of crammed bases where vehicles can't enter, I'll admit the fights are pretty spammy. But the problem is in larger bases where longer range, organized combat pushes can take place, Vehicles will just stomp all over infantry. And THAT cannot be justified in any way, shape, or form when we are given multiple infantry classes that don't even have the opportunity to fight each other. When multiple classes MUST have AV weaponry because vehicles are so badly spammed.
  18. Elrobochanco

I do.
    But all those things won't change. Just like now there are areas of say an amp station that are obviously not made for vehicles so will be the case for outposts. People in these threads are flipping out without watching the video, or more importantly playing the map.

I guess the big change will be this change will show who is a team player and who isn't by those who will just wait outside a base in a nice jammed parking lot waiting for a lib to get them while the rest of their faction takes bases and territory.
  19. KodanBlack

So, you just watched the video and didn't listen to it.
  20. Rift23

Every vehicle I see is decked out for AV weapons because those 1-shot infantry anyway. Also, a dome was easier than addressing the real issue of having to move from one claustrophobic shack through open terrain to the other which is why Combined Arms most closely means, "Air spams spawnroom, tank spams doorways and 1 guy caps all the points."