How Is [THIS] Fun?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, May 28, 2013.

1. Blazini

I miss TODs my self ... im more into small infantry fights but this game is played differently.
  2. The King

I feel sorry for the TR on Matterson today...... And the NC...
    It was extremely boring on the VS side and The TR/NC side....
    The fun part was the NC vs TR on the eastern side, it was pretty even.
  3. Phyr

It's hardly the zergs fault that YOU and 100+ of your friends don't want to fight.
  4. McJackson

I've been wondering the same thing. It's so hard to find good battles nowadays; there are usually two places on a continent where a large "battle" is going on, and they are the enemy zerg on one side and the ally zerg on the other side of the continent. Never are they in the same place.

So you have three choices: get steamrolled by the enemy, join the friendly zerg and be bored to death sitting in the tank traffic jam, or spend two hours searching for a proper fight.
  5. Alarox

Completely irrelevant to the topic if you'd hadn't noticed. It's a thread questioning WHY people find that fun. To be more precise, why people find that more fun than fighting elsewhere in a more even battle instead of wasting your time there.
    • Up x 1
  6. Macchus

those battles are never fun . anyone who thinks otherwise , is kidding themselves ... is it fun farming infantry for certs , and steamrolling facilities with little resistance ? no not at all ... is it satisfying going 20- 1 in 3 minutes every 10 minutes plus facility cap xp? it can be but its still not enough to make the steamrolling at all fun , for either side .. lopsided defense means there are less targets for all hence less fighting , so its boring , and on the defenders side , hiding in spawn getting kills off the dummies to stupid to stay in cover , thats only fun for the first base , after that it's boring .... so yeah not fun and also boring imo . anytime there isnt fighting is boring . i loved planetside 1 , but i didnt like the waiting 15 minutes for a cap just in case the enemies mounted a defense and for the meager xp . often times in ps1 i would just head to the next battle . and i find myself leaving the steamrolls if im on other side and i go and try and find an equal battle .

its like steamroll all day until maybe the factions zerg meet somewhere on the lattice for a big battle then back to the steamroll usually .
    • Up x 1
  7. Macchus

or you go to the hex conts ...

usually more even battles all around . you still have your lopsided zergs from time to time , but the hex system makes it alot harder to "hide" from your enemy somewhere on the lattice .
    • Up x 1
  8. simmi1717

I don't understand how they said they were getting tons of xp. Maybe they suck so bad that getting xp from facilities is rewarding for them. That being said I think lattice has promoted large scale sustainable fights... especially at the bio lab. They can take every other facility, but they can't take the bio labs from NC for some reason. I have the most fun fighting at bio labs because the fights there last more than an hour. Just 2 days ago, we were fighting TR. They had 63% and we had 37% for about half an hour and we still kept fighting. It took an hour and they finally gave up and that was when our numbers reached about 48%. They decided to call it off. I don't know if our numbers increased or their numbers decreased. Anyways I had soooo many kills there.
  9. simmi1717

I destroyed 11 TR tanks with my NC LA at the bio lab in 10 min. They had no idea where I was coming from. So much for a trained army.
  10. simmi1717

I do the same thing except I stay back until they cap the place, then stand right beside the door with my shotgun and kill everyone from the back running through the door. At least get 3 before I die.
  11. simmi1717

Bring on the zerg. My C4s are waiting.

- an NC LA
  12. MilitiaMan

Personally I love when this happens.

Because honestly, I notice more bads in a zerg then in the small tactical outfits.

Bads huddle....

C4 likes Huddlers.

I like C4 + Huddlers.

I like killing 5+ people with one stick ^^
  13. Rivenshield

OP has discovered that the invulnerable spawn-outhouse sucks.

/shrug
  14. The Loverator

Planetside 2 : Lattice - always - sucks ... ...
  15. applepienation

I love being outnumbered! Way more targets!

I'm going to wait until bases get redesigned properly, but I would get a squad or two to hold the point while the others move to the nearest base capable of supplying tanks and flank the zerg from behind and get as much damage done as possible before they turn around. At that point, I would get the squad or two defending the point to switch to heavy assaults and rip the zergs a** out with high explosives.
  16. Vashyo

Planetside 2: It's not the size, it's how you use it!

@op we still have so many lanes that zergs can still go around without meeting, though it's more likely now than ever before. Though they WILL meet eventually. I usually go through 3-4 bases when I log in and then...BAM! Heavy resistance :D

I love being outnumbered, the defending is just intense. Especially if ur on a bridge with a small outfit. You just try to stall the enemy until reinsforcements arrive or wreck havok elsewhere.

Don't worry, we will get new mechanics and changes to make it more dynamic in the future, lot of people seem to think that the thing they have now = everything they will ever have
    Which is just not true
  17. Rhapsody

Welcome to Lattice. Where any attempt by a 'small group' to make a stand, or have a 'even' battle with another small group, quickly turns into a 50-1 fight instead of a 2-1 or 3-1. or even 1-1.

People look at the Map on Indar, see that there are 'only' 3 or 4 fights going on. They all swarm to 1 of those 3, smash it with 50-1 odds, then roll onto the next one.

They do so because there is no other alternative. Its not like there's 5 or 6 or 8 battlefronts to 'spread out' the zerg in. Lattice does just what its designed to do. Force everyone into 'large' clumps, and give them a vary limited number of places to attack. It dosnt care if there's a population dissadvantage or not it simply forces everyone into the same spot.

Unless im running with my Outfit, ive pretty much decided to never set foot on Indar again as long as the Lattice system is there.
    • Up x 2
  18. Vanus Aran

They are not having fun while playing - they have only fun while upgrading their Infantry and Vehicles.
    In order to do this they would do about anything.

They are not really having "fun", they have at best "satisfaction".
    They dont feel archievement, just the taste of cerpointcapital.
    They dont try to seek their own excitement, cause they are breaking down when failing.
    When the Zerg fails you can at least blame the zerg.
    Cause in not coordinating things lies a slight of immunity against knowing the own effort failed.
    And since the Zerg is winning often enough, its working out for their ego and believes to do the best thing possible.
    • Up x 1
  19. ent|ty

My mind is constantly boggled at what many players will do just to get their Certs; mind-numbing Zerg God Mode, with no challenge and just sheer complete spam on the enemy.

Boring.
    • Up x 1
  20. Phyr

How do you know they're having fun? Maybe they're hoping you'll stop wussing out and fight them. Capping empty bases could be the means to an ends. If you have less territory then you'll have fewer places to hide from them.