[Suggestion] Swap ZOE and AEGIS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ray98, May 27, 2013.

1. Ray98

SOE, listen to the community, give NC the ZOE and VS the AEGIS. Every crier on the forums will be so happy.
    • Up x 2
  2. Cinnamon

Sure, also give lockdown to NS and make charge TR specific.
    • Up x 5
  3. Oreo202

No. It would only make the community angrier.
  4. Teegeeack

It would shut the NC up.
    • Up x 1
  5. LowTechKiller

So....which is worse?
    Being the target of incessant "nerf the ..." posts, or
    not having the best item any more after a Game Update nerf?
  6. Oreo202

And make the VS incredibly loud and obnoxious.
  7. Teegeeack

We're already loud and obnoxious.
    • Up x 6
  8. sindz

9. gigastar

What part of "increased movement speed and damage" on a ScatMAX sounds reasonable enough to make every VS and TR player not travel to SOE headquarters as the worlds first global flash-mob?
    • Up x 1
  10. Rk3lly

THREADS LIKE THIS ARE WHY THE DEVS POST ON REDDIT AND PSU INSTEAD OF HERE. PLEASE GET A BRAIN.
    • Up x 3
  11. HadesR

Nothing new there then :p
    • Up x 1
  12. Van Dax

The ZOE would be even more effective on a scatmax.
  13. ComradeHavoc

It will be a cold day in hell, when I find my shotgun empty, AND MY MAX GLOWING LIKE A FAIRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 2
  14. Eclipson

Actually, in PS1, ZOE was a TR ability, and it was called Overdrive. It was pretty dang similar.
  15. Purg

I disagree. I use it on my AI VS MAX but I'd probably never use it on my AI NC MAX.

Charge is a defensive ability, ZOE is an offensive ability. The slight increase in speed is not going to help when you have a 4 second reload on short ranged small magazine weapons. It works on the VS MAX because of the MG's on each arm having medium range capability. You can engage enemy at distance and keep firing while walking into them. They're either suppressed, fleeing or dead.
  16. Van Dax

Except it didn't have a damage taken downside apparently, its funny how it wasn't an OP thing back then but it is now..
  17. Dingus148

And posts like this. The internet lied to you, kid. Caps isn't cruise control for cool
  18. DashRendar

Well that doesn't make any sense. Aegis is by design an NC ability, and ZOE is by design a VS ability. I think the Aegis is fine for the NC by design, but not by performance... it needs some work before it is functional like it should be. And ZOE needs some work before it's balanced like it should be.

I would not at all be mad if they took away our Aegis ability for a while because it was not ready yet, and gave us medium/long range compatible machine gun arms instead, and decided to give us Aegis again at some later date. Aegis doesn't make as much sense with shotguns as an only weapon... Charge is the perfect compliment to shotguns mounted on a slow moving unit.
  19. Tommyp2006

not to mention maxes had a much higher bullet resistance back then. But there were also armor piercing rounds...
  20. ArcKnight

don't worry I'll resupply you :)