ZOE is balanced, TR/NC finally scared of VS MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, May 26, 2013.

1. Ultramarine

I got OHK 3 times today by a dual something ZOE max, if it's not the comets what is it?
  2. Zurakci

I love how everyone complains about this ability.. Vanu finaly get some good stuff and the other are like "OH ****.. whats going on!? Why arent they buffing us like usual? Developers.. whyyyyy!?" Its only fair we get some goods now. NC gets almost unbreakable shields, TR get lockdown.. I mean.. You get to be a turret with super RoF, Reload speed and bullet speed... Why you two complain? would you rather like it if Vanu got something more.... Sci-fi and alientech? Like.. Small range teleport, Jumpjets or even a speed melee mode? My point is.. that all of you NC and TR are complaining about EVERYTHING on vanu.. doesnt matter what it is.. you always complain.
    • Up x 3
  3. Xasapis

Probably comets, as I find unlikely that somebody consistently charge head shot sniped you with vortex and zoe on. I'm not disputing that it happened, if you can see in what you quoted, it is very possible to do so if you get hit by both hands (2 shots) or you were slightly damage (partially shield down) and got hit by both hands again from a distance.
  4. Ultramarine

Yeah all of the damage in the kill chart was the same gun. If one dual shot is a kill than that's what I'm talking about.
  5. Keelin

What a joke.
    After months and months of the VS max being the Laughingstock it gets something that's not entirely crap and suddenly people complain. I didn't see you complain when it was utter crap that everyone ignored.
    Deal with it. Deal with it like we had to deal with scattermaxes and whatnot for ages.
    It's about time the VS max actually becomes somewhat of a threat instead of "that thing that you can basically just ignore".
    • Up x 6
  6. Shockwave44

Ever hear of the VR room?

The only weapon that can do that is the comet and both shots have to hit you so there is no OHK weapon. Two shots will kill you with or without the ZOE.

Now you know why there is flak armor in the game.
  7. TehGrimZa

This post is full of Trolololol. Balanced would mean it has a energy use, and a cooldown timer between activation. Since it doesn't have any of these as of right now, your I win button is broken as intended to help pull more players to the Spandex Wearing Faction who "never gets anything good" and abuses the good great thing going for them until DEV's finally figure out what they are going to do to rework it.

So, use it while you've got it, because its great using AV nades and Rockets to eat you alive.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zan_Aus

^ Pretty much this.
  9. Lowback

It is situational. I do not have it on when there is anything like a tank, ESF, or possibility of proxy mines / heavy rockets / c4 around. Being useful isn't unbalanced, high use isn't unbalanced, otherwise there wouldn't be 1-2 preferred guns for each catagory in each faction, because by your logic, they'd have too much uptime so they must be nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  10. Keelin

First you say it's an I-win button then you say that "its great using AV nades and Rockets to eat you alive."
    o_O
    • Up x 1
  11. Fenrisk

Flak does not protect against direct rocket hits.

People call fractures op yet a Zero drop AV weapon which instantly kills infantry and has the same TTK against tanks as a lockdown fracture max isn't?

Vanu got their scatmax but it can kill tanks, ohk infantry while splashing damage and run around at infantry speed. This is fine? really? lol
    • Up x 1
  12. Ultramarine

Also, if you can carry two of something, and it takes two to kill, you fire once, the enemy dies it's still a one shot kill. It's thick to suggest otherwise.
  13. Fenrisk

Exactly. The Scatmax required the same to OHK.
  14. C0L0NELH0GAN

Beside "ZOE is OP!" and all the other stuff from "rediciulous damage buff", "Laughable armordegration"....

Use Concussion, use Flashgranades, use Rocketlaunchers, use C4, use Furyflash, Harasser, Bettys/Claymore....
    USE YOUR BRAIN!!!!

It is clear that we farm Infantry in a 1 vs. 1! But this is possible with all MAXes in every faction (aside from maybe the bursterMAX and VortexMAX)
    The only thing is, that we can chase the one enemy, who pissed in his suit seeing our fairy pink MAX now, which wasn't possible before ZOE!

A ZOE shot by 2-3 enemies is going down in seconds! But if youre dumb enought to come one by one, then you have to question yourself "Is it OP, or am I only too dumb to play? How the **** could I think, that I will win a 1vs1 with a MAX"
    Btw. this question is legit for all kind of MAXes on every faction - not only ZOE MAX
    • Up x 1
  15. Lowback

There's no spread and only two bullets. In close range, they are dead-zoned. At long range, there is a point where comets cross each other and start to spread out. Only mid-range has the right distance between comet shots to have both hit.
    • Up x 1
  16. Xasapis

I did mention it, because the two hands are off center, so if closer than a certain distance it's very possible to hit with just one and the other one misses. Insta-kill and one-hit-kill is not the same. The first refers to time to kill, the other to the shots needed to do it.
  17. Shockwave44

Right, and the TR have a 10 round clip vs 2 rounds for the VS. Also, don't forget about the 200m/s projectile speed for the fracture vs the slower 90m/s for the comet.

And again, it doesn't kill instantly, you need both to hit. Not as easy as it seems and not a reliable weapon for infantry either.

Sorry, better luck next time.
  18. Stanis

I still reckon most of the problem is half the VS using ZOE maxes.
    They were a bit naff before.

Blueshift = 143 damage @ 367 rpm
    ZOE is 20% bonus I believe

Without ZOE
    One arm to kill player = 1000 / 143 = 6.99 shots.
    You can't have a fraction so that's 7 shots.

With ZOE
    One arm to kill player = 1000 / 171.6 = 5.82 shots.
    You can't have a fraction so that's 6 shots.

Rate of gun fire doesnt change. 367 rpm = 6.11 shots per second.
    With ZOE, using both arms, that is 0.49s TTK assuming every shot hits.

With a typical accuracy of 30% .. you're looking at closer to 1.6 seconds

"approximately a third" is way out.
    • Up x 1
  19. Zan_Aus

So which is it? OP or eat them alive?

You seem to have a gigantic pair on you and have no trouble handling ZOE MAXs amirite?
  20. C0L0NELH0GAN

At first on a 1vs1 any MAX eats Infantry (Beside Dualburster- and VortexMAX (this btw. is a VS only downside as you see))

The problem itself is, that TR and NC laughed about our MAX - even after the AI weapon buffs we got...
    Now they can't fight us alone, running right along us and **** us up with their hard hitting weapons or Shotguns!

As VS MAX isn't an easykill anymore - the dumb players are going to whine here, while all skilled players adept their playstyle
    agains ZOE MAX...

Personally I would say, nerf our speedbuff right to the speed of normal infantry. Everything else is ok at it is atm!

We had to adept our playstyle to infantry farming prowlers and now infantry and vehicle farming Fractures (now even with lockdown) and we had to adept for the supirior ScatMAX that is OHK only pointing the crosshair along an enemy!

It's only a question of L2P
    • Up x 2