The Lattice System is Disappointing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Padinn, May 25, 2013.

1. ImBreakingUpWithYou

Not at all, in fact I remember quite well that the Emerald playerbase avoided three ways like the plague for quite a while and I never said anything about PS 2 dieing in either of my posts, sorry if there was some confusion. My point was that the lattice on Cyssor, or Forseral, or Ceryshen, could let you get around the three way with non-standard play, which this lattice lacks. I'm not trying to argue you around to my point of view here, just explain to you why I dislike the current one, as I said before, I really do want to fight... just not in the same places everyday.
    • Up x 3
  2. Rockit

Well yes I agree but you know we are dealing with just 3 conts on PS2.
  3. Rockit

No opinion is invalid here.
    • Up x 2
  4. TheDrone

Well, let's not get carried away, shall we? After all... If you really, really try very hard, and take a long time to think, you should maybe start to realize that... It's either my proposal or the Hex dying.

Now, now. Isn't that a little completely irrational and conservative of you?

There's no rational reason whatsoever for PS2 to be, as you suggest, a game that purposely alienates hundreds of potentially paying customers. Only someone who's more interested in being right and has a fetish for pointless tribal bickering would prefer the game be poorer on content, less attractive to people and more easily grow stale, just to win an argument. And I'm sure you're just not that kind of a person.

Hold on, dear friend. Here's an idea. In stead of "sticking it to the *******" why not realize what this conflict is all about? A simple thing called "personal preference". Some people just like thing you don't like. Some people even like... Say mayonnaise. Weird isn't it? Ketchup is clearly better.
    But those weird people are still there. And those people could still be paying customers.

There COULD be game-modes in PlanetSide 2. Team Fortress 2, for example, has more than one (Capture The Flag, Team Deathmatch, King Of The Hill, ...) way to play the game.

I'm proposing that we divide the continents between the two game-modes we now have. The advantages of this far outweigh the disadvantages.
    • Up x 1
  5. Cab00se187

Now now, lets not stomp our feet like a little kid who didn't get what they want out of something that already wasn't designed the way they want. Do you buy a car go and then get mad because you can't go 4x4'ing? No you go out and by a 4x4
  6. TheDrone

You should remember that PlanetSide 2 was announced to have a Hex. So people who paid for the game then acted on that promise. Just so you know.

It doesn't hurt you, in the slightest, to support people having a continent they can play in. On the contrary. It's better for you to.

Look, I'll level with you. You obviously want to be right. And, guess what, you are right. Supremely so. Honestly, congratulations. You've won. You're one of the supreme specimens of the clearly superior tribe.
    People who support the Hex are probably not entirely there in their head. And they bound to smell badly.
    But hey, even some of them can hold a job and pay for the game. Now, if they leave, that would be bad.

Think of allowing a continent with the Hex on and having handicapped parking spaces. You can't be so cruel as to be against handicapped parking spaces?
    • Up x 1
  7. Cab00se187

Dude, I've been here since the tech test. I've seen the ups and downs. The hex system does not work anymore. It did work when they had a meta game with the auraxium system in place. We actually needed to control certain territory in order to gain resources to even grant us pulling a max. Then the whining on the forum commenced and they took it out and it turned the game into a pointless moshpit that had no reason to it.
  8. TheDrone

You should check out the thread in my sig.

I'm purposely using the term "improved hex" quite consistently.

It's quite simple. Either we allow for the game to feature BOTH rule-sets, the Lattice AND the Hex, or all continents become Lattice, with no chance for ever seeing a fixed Hex.

Therefore, check out the thread in my sig and consider supporting the compromise.
    • Up x 1
  9. diznoid

It aint perfect, but it's an improvement over the hex system.
  10. Cab00se187

We do not need both. This is one game. Not multiple games. It's either all or nothing
  11. Padinn

I played on Indar for a few more hours today and my original opinion remains unchanged. I simply cannot have "fun" with it.

I can add further to why I don't have fun with this system. Before, I felt like I could make an impact in some small way with our small team. Leading a small twelve man squad felt awesome . As is, now I feel unimportant and impotent. We tried a few small squad ops (about 24 of us) by flanking around the main zerg and had no significant impact, we were simply overwhelmed by sheer numbers. We even tried going behind enemy lines and pulling tanks from their terminals - it worked for a short time, until the sheer number of aircraft and infantry totally obliterated us.Some of these smaller bases are simply poorly designed to have hundreds of players present.

We did not play as "Ghost cappers" - often the bases we attacked were not even able to be capped. We would infiltrate and cause disruption far behind enemy lines, this tactic is now dead on Indar. The changes on Amerish/Esamir have eliminated ghost capping, as it should be, but took things too far by making base structures basically immune to damage (no more taking out shield gens, ect.)

I very much enjoy the other changes made in this patch, however my experiences on Indar are greatly souring my enjoyment of the game. I find myself logging off frustrated nearly every single session - which was absolutely not the case in the past, even if I was losing I still often felt like I had a blast.

As of this point, I am going to avoid Indar if possible. If the other continents go this route, I will be canceling my subscription. Which is unfortunate, because up until now this has been my favorite game of the past several years.
    • Up x 3
  12. Macchus

you know what i want .... :eek:
    • Up x 1
  13. Halcyon

You need a picard facepalm because you don't like someone else's opinion?
    Lol.
    How do you get through life.
  14. St0mpy

Lol at the whooshing sound above your head

if you actually had 1) connected and followed the dialogue from the guy posting before him too, and seen the comedy gold in how he returned with an adult comment as provoked, and then +1ed that completely childish comment right after wed established an adult platform of communication and 2) had any idea about the actual scene in the series which created that iconic image everyone uses then you wouldnt be sitting there with that whooshing sound right now. ;)

Perhaps only ST nerds would fully relate the meaning and how it relates to the irony in this sequence of events, no matter, it was just a fleeting moment of humor in everyday life and if you dont get it then its ok, my sense of humor is weird and there are more important things for you to worry about in a day. :)
    • Up x 1
  15. Halcyon

Nah, the only thing that went over my head is your arrogant, although funny attempt to "educate" on how to converse in a video game forum.
    And when I say went over my head, what I really mean is the condescending psychological pie you tried to throw in my face missed because I ducked.

While I'm deeply pained that everyone here can't speak to you as if we're all a part of the Masterpiece Theater, maybe at the same time you can step off your incredibly high horse and find the ground with the rest of us "children".

Ok, enough of that.
    You can stick your superiority complex up your horse. Just don't forget to feed it or you might end up on the ground with the rest of us.
    That's a scary thought, isn't it? :)

P.S.
    The hex system was like BF3. I don't need to write a novel to validate my opinion, because it's an opinion.
  16. jessewhat

HOW IS THAT NOT FUN? 3 hours? I could do it for three straight days!!
    • Up x 1
  17. maxkeiser

Just been playing on Esamir all morning. IT was wonderful to get away from the joke that is lattice.

I really hope they don't add any form of lattice nonsense to Esamir (or any other continents).

Also just had a really close fought alert - a DRAW ! Never seen a draw before.
    • Up x 1
  18. RaZz0R

How is it no longer tactical?? Each base has 3 lines to it - thats 3 different ways to defend as well. Not to mention that each base gives a benny so you can cut those lines if need be as well. Lots to be tactical about really. And you can choose between a big fight or a smaller one. You just have to move you and the squad to the locations you wanna fight at.
  19. maxkeiser

Have you actually looked at the lattice map yet? Each base does NOT have 3 lines to it. Look again. Many have just 1 attack direction (i.e. one line from either side). Infact the vast majority have only one.

You are talking nonsense.
    • Up x 3
  20. sSie

Can you do the forums a favour, and not copy paste this into every lattice thread?
    • Up x 1