NC MAX Aegis Shield

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Comptonunhh, May 22, 2013.

1. Megawatt

You guys got a shield? Cool! I play NC too, but I got an ability called "Dynamic Choke" instead which reduces the diameter of whatever MAX scattergun I am using. This increases muzzle velocity and accuracy, thereby increasing effective damage. It has a cooldown due to overheating of the barrels, but works great for making my MAX a temporary ranged BEAST, even against ESFs (better DPS than Burster). This makes it a lot of fun fighting TR, who all happen to be crouching female infiltrators; a lot of fun. I do try to avoid the Vanu neighborhoods though, because they're mostly dudes and they're all wearing ***-less chaps. Plus, they're always asking for batteries. What's that about? But, then I wake up from this dream of my ideal Planetside experience.

I don't have a crazy amount of hours in a MAX, but I did have a good experience crossing the southern bridge in Indar recently, pushing VS territory. VS seemed to focus the one Aegis MAX in our small squad, and we rapidly pushed across clearing the bridge of infantry and armor. But, I worry this might change once people wise up and just shoot the infantry around the MAX instead, and add in the use rockets and C4 which we were lucky not to encounter in that push.

A few other opinions from what I've read here and seen on the field:
    • You can also reload before initiating a Charge, no different than Aegis Shield
    • Bashing would be welcome, no damage increase necessary
    • Reflecting enemy fire would be welcome if and only if it dampens incoming bullet velocity drastically and deflects bullets at realistic angles and not directly back at shooter making it only effective as a damage source from a point blank range (I like the idea of deterring face-to-face enemy MAX fire, for example, and yielding, yes, mortal kombat!)
    • Any MAX should consider having Aegis in a Biolab to move troops between structures and hold points (I have MAXed a few dozen times in Biolabs, and I never remember needing Charge)
    • Any MAX should consider having Aegis instead of Charge if moving with an organized squad or platoon, at any base, indoors or outdoors
    • Otherwise, if not in an organized team or if you run solo or in very small groups, I think it's more up to personal preference
    • I like the idea of defending friendly armor from enemy ground armor with Aegis
    • I like the idea of Falcon MAXes trading shots with enemy ground armor using Aegis as the timing seems to work well; Raven reload works pretty well too if you count your shots and hit F after emptying 5 rockets
    • I see potential in baiting ESFs by standing on roofs or towers with Aegis raised, absorbing some pods, and then taking them down with the significantly higher Burster damage from close-range. I can see myself preferring Charge on a Burster MAX versus a Liberator though.