Now that Lattice is here and fights are bigger than ever... time to fix TTK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarthKoopa, May 22, 2013.

1. FrankManic

You have got to be kidding me.

If I wanted to play PS1 I would play PS1.
  2. SgtScum

We have that. It's called dropping a squad beacon and they rain from the sky like fire! :eek:
  3. Wafletofles

last time I checked, planetside was set in the future, with personal shields on every infantry unit. I think ttk should be increased.
  4. iller

It's funny b/c this is exactly what I see every Pump user and now these ZOE suits doing... Even SMG & Sweeper users are getting away with it if they put in that extended mag crap. I dunno where the line gets drawn here, but to me as an infiltrator? The class that's SUPPOSED to be doing that while cloaked? (b/c we have such limited cloaked time so we can't crab-walk everywhere) ... it really seems like you've got it all backwards even tho it's obvious almost none of your own kills come from that sort of spray & pray. Lack of perspective maybe? Just how many of your kills are all long-range? What do you use to actually punish these players distributing these 0.25s TTK with weapons that don't even require precise Aim?? You can keep saying it's based off strategy or BF3 or even reaction times... but the current Development trends just keeps removing more and more Depth from the game (SCU's, Hex & Platoon leader Decision making, AA that was actually challenging to use right, etc). We're past that point of BF3 now... the only point of Outfit leaders now is to instruct their members on which guns will kill stuff the fastest as they go sprinting into eachother around blind corners.

I know for a FACT that your RAMS ohk's take a bit more than 0.25s to line up and deliver. (also a lot more "Aim")
  5. 13lackCats

Wow...this game is going down the toilet.

First we couldn't find battles. We got our linear path- the battle was spoon fed to us. Now, we die too soon in the battles. We want another crutch.

Thank god I didn't spend a lot of money on this.
  6. applepienation

I would like an increase of.... 0.3 seconds? Not much, just a fraction of a second.
  7. Posse

Lol, no, in CoD 4 a SMG killed you in 2 headshots or 3 bodyshots.

People who find TTK to be short should just learn to dodge and cover, or go play TF2, idk.
  8. Ronin Oni

You're right...

it does...

which is why PS2 already has 2x the shots to kill compared to BF/CoD

and that we have auto-quickregen shields too so you can take a few rounds, take cover, and be at full health in a few seconds.

Seriously... some of you guys shouldn't be playing FPS
  9. LordMondando

I honestly dont know why we have so many of these threads, even if ttk was increased significantly to the point where relatively small 1v1 engagementw were nerf gun duels in which the 'skill' of an individual magically shone through the nessity of careful positioning is allways going to win out due to numbers of people firing at you (indeed if positioning is not the primary skill in alarge scale battle game, there was never a skillful soilder ever.)

If you just want a fraction more, then thats the entire point of the nanoweave upgrade path.

Beypnd that i really dpnt know what to say, the skill argument never gets off the ground and the notion of being able to react to an entire squad youve just ran into is simply asking for a different sort of game.

Its just a nonstarter, we really dont need any more of these threads.
  10. CowPie

Oh I don't know...the noobs now can understand the game and they don't have to worry about buying anything because everything is within walking distance. Nothing to figure out...nothing to understand...Just walk around mindlessly shooting at the first thing you see until the place is captured. What could be better than that. I like that fact that I can stay a bit back from the fight as long as I'm close. I get the points and I don't have to die and hurt my stats. Another plus is I don't need to sink any more money into my vehicles. Like I said...I can pretty much walk to the next battle. I had spent a bunch of money on weapons and upgrades that now I really don't need. I mean.what's the point in flying around capping connected territory now. You can't do that any more. What's the point in worrying about battle flow? You know where it's going to be. Just connect the dots. Thanks Sony for clearing things up. I don't even have to keep my membership going for that extra XP. Nothing I really need now unless you are coming out with super running shoes.
  11. Desirsar

So large battles take no skill. Ghost capping takes no skill. Where is there room in this game for skill to separate players, squads, and outfits now that tactics can't do it?
  12. CowPie

Where are you playing? I'm getting one shot all the time. Vanue sniper have NO bullet drop and can kill you with one shot. line it up and bang. and with a 12X scope they see long before you can see them. If you have a middle of the road computer you won't be able to render them at distance so the battle is skewed to the well connected player. Not Anybody's fault there.it's just the way it is. this game is going to have issues no matter what they do.
  13. CowPie

Skill is a perceived thing backed up by those stat pages. If it all matters to you then fine. Talk yourself into it.
  14. KRE8R125

There is nothing to fix. TTK is fine. People need to stop making these stupid posts.
  15. LordMondando

How is positioning not skillful.