[Suggestion] FIX SCARRED MESA SKYDOCK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Berlioz, May 23, 2013.

1. Nyscha

blow them to pieces with the flair...

oh wait PS2 doesn't have artillery.
  2. Strykar

Neither could TR and NC combined.

In fact, if the defenders at Skydock are in good number and have even the slightest tactical knowledge and coordination, no combined forces can take the Skydock.
  3. iller

Oh wow... 10%... Alert the Presses.
    1 extra mine when ya spend all 750 res... VS infantry sucks compared to TR anyway so who cares. They should be more worried about keeping Amerish & Esamir capped if they wanna focus on their strengths
  4. LordMondando

Its a challenge to take, it should frankly go nowhere.

hell, I argue there should be at least one of these 'highly defensible' bases, per empire, per map.

The mistake made with the crown for example, its its previous iterations, was putting it smack bang in the center of the map. If these are something that you eventually have to come up against, but which are not always on the front line, they significantly mix up the tactics, and can often prevent a size from simply capping a cont due to sheer numbers.
  5. Matiasdu

It has nothing to do with tactics, skill or coordination of the defensive forces.
    This is what happens after too much people accumulate there:

Game worked fine after deploying somewhere else, and this happened to everyone in the drop. Futher attemps at different attack methods always resulted in everyone lagging out like this when they got close enough. So, you either die to defensive fire or get there but can do nothing.
  6. Zan_Aus

Trolololol.

I defy any force available in the game to take Skydock with 100 semi-competent defenders sitting on it. Every player in both enemy empires on the map at once can be easily repulsed. Plus the lag mentioned above.
  7. exLupo

Scarred Mesa, the new Arc Bio. :(
  8. Fate

Prior to the lattice the only reason that Connery VS have held the Indar lock was dur to either Arc Bioengineering or Indar Bay Point. The first is gone and the latter is harder to hold now. Either way, there are a lot of bases that are super defendable if you have all your population there.
  9. Sebyos

The game is **** made by incompetent fools.
  10. RealityWarrior

Exactly.Late last night they noticed NC had a platoon sitting there ready to cap it once Red Ridge (or what ever) was capped last night. We gal dropped a platoon on them. Apparently they were all AFK or bored stiff or fell asleep at their keyboard. With in 60 sec There were no NC there.

I think we caught them totally unprepared. However they had the right idea.
  11. Rhaeyn

Send some of your VS to Ceres.
  12. Vetto

My friend he Seem a bit upset so good to know that you favor for hackers guess it show nc true skill cap.
  13. Rhaeyn

14. AngryPlayer

I don't get why people still play on Indar. Boring middle east cont is boring. Space Russia is superior cont.
  15. Vicarious

OH MY GOD MY WORLD IS ENDING. OH MY FREAKING GLOBBING GLOB. OH MY GOD. I GOT KILLED OH MY GOD. RAGE HAMPSTERS. EVERYFKINWHERE. I'M CRYING SO BAD RIGHT NOW. OHHH MUHHH GURRRRD!!1111`1
  16. Mustarde

I am actually amazed that after spending MONTHS to recreate Indar for the lattice system... after specifically looking at each outpost... SOE left scarred mesa just as broken as it was before. I can understand not getting around to fix a base like this during normal development cycles... BUT THEY JUST REDID INDAR. AND DIDN'T FIX THIS!

The VS are being smart for abusing it. The TR did so before them. It is not up to the players - this falls on SOE to balance their map.

Also, with the lattice system, the TR have to depend on the NC to take scarred mesa early in a push to your gate. Yeah.. NC. Dependable. See a problem with that? lol
  17. AtroposZero

Yes, yes, a million times yes.

Giant whine threads about "game balance" issues almost always have a solid counter-argument. Yes, Skydock is one of the most defensible bases in the game right now. It's also easily capturable when it's not the last remaining foothold on the continent, with the vast majority of the defending faction piling in to secure it. There have been many, many, MANY occasions when it's held by a faction that doesn't control Indar... why don't you brave boys and girls invest a little effort into defending it while you continue to press the continent-locking faction into their warpgate, instead of saving it for last for some weird reason?

If you bypass Skydock because "it's easier to just go around for now" and try to cut it off and save it for last, you're just asking for trouble. Don't be a baddie.
  18. TechNecro

Look I don't know what all the fuss is about. If anyone should be angry it should be us VS... We got tired of fighting last night and decided to go to Scarred Mesa Skydock to put on a concert and laser light show and everyone just showed up and started flying into our pewpew like bugs drawn to a bug lamp.
  19. Vernei

TR tears are most delicious.
  20. FILOperc

Before they rotated the warpgates, the VS was down to just Camp Connery and we defended it to keep our Indar lock. Is Camp Connery broken too? It was laggy there too... put the entire server pop in one hex and that's what happens.

SOE needs to remove all defensive advantages from every facility. This game isn't about defense, it's about zerging around and easily rolling over enemies and taking bases with little resistance, right?

Also, about the hacker that was on when VS got the lock... you are aware that he was playing for the NC? Makes sense that VS got the lock and not NC... yes I totally see the logic there.