HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Lockdown Burstermax

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaarl, May 22, 2013.

1. Badname707

Don't seem to have problems against VS lock ons for the most part. The striker spam just gets nuts sometimes though. And composite is my least favorite of the defensive cert line. And now it seems I need it whether I go against VS or TR. **** is ******.
  2. Drealgrin

boy do i love sniping deployed maxes with lancer, nothing beats that ;D you have approximately 3 seconds to undeploy and move before you're dead.
  3. simmi1717

And this one time BCP went to test server with his entire platoon and made everyone get Aegis shield and was complaining about how OP it is.
  4. Phrygen

to be fair, the only reason to ever use lock down is with burster maxes. using it with chainguns or fractures is just stupid and suicidal. If its not good with bursters, there is no reason for lock down to exist. Im maxing lockdown and i will never use it on my mercies or fractures. Hell, i don't even think they work on fractures... i cant tell a difference.

Anyway, TR will need another ability if they nerf burster lockdown.

lastly, it does stop the burster from ya know... turning around and continuing to shoot the esf when it flies over head. its really only good for longer range stuff.
  5. Zan_Aus

I don't think that term means what you think it means ...

The key in understanding is that the term contains two words IE BALANCE as well as the word asymmetrical. Asymmetrical balance = all 3 factions being equally competitive via different methodologies. Not broken BS on one or two sides and nothing on the other.

Neither the ZOE nor Lockdown should affect Bursters.
  6. Taki

As I mentioned in a different thread (regarding AA in general), that's just whiny pilots mad because their easy farming is made a tiny bit harder by multiple AA - they even have to think a little now, to keep up their crazy high K/D ratios.

Most Striker users would agree that like the annihilator the thing is simply not what it's cracked up to be! It's only effective en masse, against ESF's (still barely touch Libs)- but then a squadron of ESF's together would be far more frightening!
  7. y3ivan

so whats the purpose of the beta test servers?

for tech demo it seems
  8. Stormlight666

Send in the shield guy first, crash races in behind once he makes it up the hallway. Or alternate 2 of the shield guys. Either way, it'll be fun to watch (mostly coming AT me).
  9. Goretzu

Shooting at their feet or AOEing kills them............ fun to watch perhaps, but not much use.
  10. Wildside

You mean like how two factions have bullet-drop, and the other does not? :V
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

Indeed, asymmetrical balance is a nice sound phrase, however I don't think I've ever seen it genuinely exist in an MMO.
  12. NightFalls998

lockdown takes 1 second.

No 1diot will be in lockdown after the initial lancer hit
  13. LibertyRevolution

Starcraft is my go to game for a good example asymmetrical balance.

None of the units are the same, yet it balanced well enough that it is still played today.
    That was released in 1998 and is still going strong 15 years later.

Sure it is not an mmo.. but still, what blizzard did with that game is amazing when you think about it from a balancing standpoint.