CERT refunds for people who bought weapons at old prices?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MykeMichail, May 22, 2013.

1. MorganM

Whatever dude; time is money.... I spent SC on most things but that doesn't mean it's value is lower than your precious little certs.
    Oh your more special because you used certs? No, you're not...
  2. Gary

Nope nope nope and nope... I bought my weapons for Classes and vehicles with both Certs and Station cash and mainly Certs recently, I do not expect a refund in anyway.
  3. SencneS

That is actually a great point.. As a level 72 I has a lot of things unlocked, and a decent amount of my weapons I purchased with SC, so the cert refund will not really apply to me very much.

Yeah, I feel a little ripped off about newer players getting the same item as me, but it cost less, maybe a total of $20 less. I am not asking for that money back, but it does leave a sour taste in my mouth.

But when it comes to certs there is a problem here. Assume all of us all play to BR100 and we have all weapons, those that have been playing the last six months will actually have less certs than those that start playing right now.

And that is not right, it needs to be resolved.
    • Up x 2
  4. TheFullCologne

if soe were smart and thought about keeping their 'older' players, they would recert. god knows they need to keep more players now than ever.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bearcat

I agree! ...and after sales end, everyone should receive a bill for the new non-sale price. ;)
  6. MorganM

Your analogy is not comparable. F off with your "greed" bull. Profit Motive (what you dorks often call "greed") has done more for this world and humanity than charity ever will.
  7. Cab00se187

Wait a minute. I kind of agree with the OP now. Only for the simple fact of all the whiners who flooded the forums with tears on the whole free month for non subscribers.
  8. kadney

What I think:

Scrubs ftw. :D
  9. DiHorizon

You purchased a weapon at a price which, at the time, you found to be reasonable. While unfortunate that the price was later adjusted, I hardly see how that warrants a refund. It would be like buying a weapon with SC the day before it went on sale and demanding a refund because of the new price point.

SOE's past behaviour shows that cert prices for everything from abilities to weapons will always be transient. Caveat emptor.
  10. Zotamedu

Well they did set a precedence when they refounded certs when they made NS weapons account wide unlocks. Not giving certs back now would make them hypocrites. I would really like some free certs as well. Preferably SC because no one in their right mind would pay 500 SC for a 250 cert weapon. So I would gladly get my 700 SC back for the launchers and pay the 250 certs per launcher to get them back. Can we make a deal SOE?
  11. MFP_TK_01

Guess I'll put this here now:

• Up x 1
  12. Cyridius

Nope! I bought tonnes of guns and I'm fine with this. We've had it for longer, and we ultimately have unlimited certs. No biggie.
  13. SirChronus

This is absolutely true. A MMO needs balancing and with GU9 the opposite happened in terms of weapon prices.
  14. SencneS

Then I'll point you to this part in that second...

I don't see people asking for SC back, I see people asking to get their CERTS back, which they didn't pay SOE for, they earned in game.

It all comes down to - If they offer a re-cert option, and we all take it, is it right that the certs we earned be eliminated?

You're agreeing that any certs you earn in game, be arbitrarily taken away from players...
  15. MFP_TK_01

I am Jack's lack of surprise. Money or monetary value. A weapon is 750 SC OR 1000 certs.

Monetary value.
  16. SencneS

That would only work if all certs according to weapons cost the same amount of SC.

That is not the case.

1000 CERT = 700 SC
    100 CERT = 125 SC

Monetary value would indicate that all cert values have the same SC ratio, and that is not the case.
    Plain and simple - The very second SOE choose to allow anyone a cert-wipe or re-certification option they are removing earned certs which equates to experience in game.

Of cause if SOE never ever allow us a cert-wipe function than I have no leg to stand on, but since a cert-wipe is apparently a much desired item in the game. I'm demanding when I wipe my certs I damn well better get the same certs I used in order to get the weapon, and NOT what the cert cost is now.
    • Up x 1
  17. MFP_TK_01

Well there's a ******** comeback if I've ever seen one.

monetary value - the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)

Monetary value does not mean that certs have to be equal to SC point for point, that is made up by an angry little forum poster. It is an items or services value translated into a dollar value. SOE has decided that you can purchase a weapon with 1000 certs, or what they feel is the equivalent exchange of 750 SC.

Don't try to play the economics game if you have no f-ing idea on what the rules are.
  18. Nofreenames

at the least they should refund the difference for people who bought one of those in the last couple days, different prices were on pts, and a friend of mine was waiting to buy till they went live then SOE posted that those prices were not going live. So he bought some weapons then couple days afe that statment we get this change...

Those people at the least should get some consideration
  19. Crowbar Sr

Shouldn't you be crying about zergs instead of weapons?
  20. MykeMichail

Money or monetary value does not include CERTs, as CERTs outside of Planetside 2 have no value.

Without a CERT refund, we will, in essence, create an imbalance where new characters will have more unlocked for any given battle rank than other characters. Someone who's starting the game today will have to put less effort into unlocking items on their character than someone who started in the past. This is an absurdity.

You would expect that for any given amount of experience, two players would have equal amount of CERTs.

But in the future, if we take two players with indentical unlocks, the one who started today will have more CERTs than the one who started 6 months ago, given they have an equal amount of experience.

To take it to the extreme - if everything cost 1 CERT, so a new player could get a fully CERTed out Liberator by BR 5, would you be annoyed?

I really don't mind that players spend SC on this game and have more stuff than me unlocked even though they have the same amount of experience point. That doesn't bother me. But when a new player unlock in 3 hours what it took me 12 hours to unlock, I'm very annoyed.

Further, Terms and Conditions are only what the company can do. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.