Anyone else tired of mines?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrHenderson, May 17, 2013.

1. jiggu

Easier to spot, worse detection cone?
  2. RoMoronik666

Claymores have a directional blast meaning they are supposed to be placed around corners and covering doorways. Meaning they are hidden from view. So being a brick shouldn't matter. If used correctly, they are impossible to spot.

Other mines have a circular area effect, meaning that they need to be placed in the open where they are easily spotted. They also have blinking lights now.

Claymores have a directional blast meaning you can stand behind them without fear. You can use them to assasainate MAXes.
    They are great for covering your back in close quarters.

The only real advantage the other mines have is when you use them for suicide runs, where the circular explosion is much better.
    • Up x 1
  3. vrcarnage

I don't have an issue w/ them. I see them 75% of the time and shoot them. The ones I don't see either bugged into the ground or I was getting rolled by someone and backed into it.

They are usually in common spots so when you come into an area you know is mined a lot you just look. Narrow stairs, generator rooms, spawn rooms, capture points, terminals, upper tier of tower facilities the list goes on.
  4. Dr.Insomnia

Not to mention that the HS/NV scope lights them up like a christmas tree.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kastrenzo

I rarley use ground vehicles, But I'm pretty fed up with seeing AMS vehicles rendered helpless after some Engineer bumrushes it and drops AT Mines all around it,

AT mines need to be defusable by engineers. Shooting them is not enough
  6. Stew360 Translator

I am tired of being continually killed by mines and other placed explosives that don't even render on my game client. I am giving another player kills that they wouldn't of received if my game would render these placed explosives, they do not deserve to get experience points from killing me like this.

I hope they improve this rendering issue, at the very least they need to allow mines to render properly.

I agree with you, additionally placed explosives such as mines should at least cost 200 of the corresponding resource per explosive.
  7. BalogDerStout

So sick of people complaining about mines. Learn to look at the ground and not charge headlong into heavily defended areas.

AT mines are already so nerfed that they are used almost exclusively for sapping targets because road dumping them is a waste of resources and hidden locations like bushes are pretty rare on Auraxium.

All the AI mines got blinking lights added, and the AT mines are laughably large. You just won't be happy until they're removed.

Learn to spot them or are having a really hard time with them get flak armor, carry med kits and adjust your play style. Alternatively you can man up and take the death knowing that sometimes the ONLY DEFENSE ITEM IN THE GAME is going to get you every now and again.
  8. EvilPhd

9. Copasetic

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. iller

Are you sure those lights aren't only visible to people who are near them when they're being deployed??
  11. TomaHawk

I love mines. I kill people with them every time I log in. What's the problem here?
  12. Chioxin

I'd have to go look again but whenever I see a VS mine it has those 3 dots on it, so I'd assume yes. These include mines I did not drop myself. Now there's another big problem mines have at the moment, which is sinking through the floor. So this could prevent seeing said three dots of course. The point is though, they are there. As soon as SOE fixes the "sinking into the floor" issue, then it's fine.

Something I did NOT mention in my post though, is that I agree that the TR mines [I think?] are absolutely blatantly obvious and SOE should probably look into a new model and get rid of the trip wire laser. Or at least tone it down a bit. That mine is definitely the most blatantly obvious mine out there.
  13. Kenny007

YOU ASK TOO MUCH OF US!
    • Up x 1
  14. kungflu

or. strictly allow infantry mines for infiltrators.
  15. Kupcake

Nobody really cares about mines anymore.

AI mines are not at all hard to spot, especially since most people place them stupidly in or near doorways.

On top of that, with the exception of snipers and some LA, most people are running either Flak 3 or 4 on any class they give a **** about and are using for real battles. Who gets one-shotted by explosives anymore?

Yeah, it takes off a bunch of health, but think about the utility slot for a second. You only have two real choices.

First choice is you using some kind of explosive yourself, in which case you probably don't mind them. Second choice is you're carrying meds, either 3 or 4 of them. In which case you step on a mine, immediately take cover, pop a med, and wait for shields to come back. Then you go hunt down the person who wasted more inf resources than you in that exchange.

As for AV mines, most competent tankers stopped dying to them _before_ they fixed the ground sink bug. Now that they're fixed, only dumbasses get killed by them. Who falls for that anymore? Or ever? Yeah, please stick your head out and spray your carbine at my mag, Mr. Engi. I'm totally going to rush you down and run over your mine trap instead of simply blowing your head off with an AP shot and killing your mines afterward.

The problem is that people using explosives have had their day in the sun, and now everybody knows their tricks.
  16. smokemaker

Anyone else tired of mines?

Nope.
    And with the lattice system coming back I expect to use them a lot more. Predictable rear areas and predictable routs means C4 and AT mines are going to be used overtime.

After all the nerfs the mines got, I can only see whiners complaining about them.
  17. kungflu

sir these mines that fell into grounds do not do damage. i myself have been hit by them and still have my full bar.
  18. VSMars

This. Alternatively, learn proper tactics and throw a grenade into any potentially mined or guarded room you enter.