Can we get ADADAD strafing target in the VR training ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, May 16, 2013.

1. GSZenith

and OP was never seen again
  2. Halo572

People that do this dance around the bullets like something out of The Matrix, wouldn't the dummies just do that as well?

Inducing VR training area rage as people fire 70-100 rounds, the dummies just do their dance and none hit, leading to cries of 'Hax0r' or 'WTF is wrong with my connection, I'm not getting any hit markers?'.

In turn this would lead to all of you being pwned by a bot.
  3. vastaitku

If you want moving dummies, just play on whatever server is recommended for newbies at the moment.

They should add some kind of moving targets into VR. They should also instantiate the shooting range so that you don't have to feel bad about killing all the targets while noobs standing next to you fumble with the trigger as they look for that one P2W gun that will magically get their KDR up to 1.
  4. Stew360

this way we will be able to test many thing

Like how X and Y guns hipe fire react to a target in moovements but also it will point out if its a lentency issue that cause bad registration or if its in the game itself

If its the latency then the STRAFING DUMMIES , will allow player to sharpen their skills and practice hip fire and tweak their guns to get the best out of the situation they planned to face off ;)
  5. SinerAthin

It's actually kind'a funny.

Try "ADADAD"'ing in real life while pretending to hold a gun and see how that works xD
  6. Poet

It's not so much about a moving target, it's about the latency that the ADADAD person's movement generates.
  7. Stew360

Either way

We need mooving target to really test the weapons and atachements , hip fire and ADS on mooving target

I think we need some mooving target who replicate the real players comon behavior ,somewhere into the VR training
  8. Nocturnal7x

The VR has no moving targets to make you think weapons you try are good so you buy them.

:eek:
  9. Zorro

It decreases one's accuracy, but makes him harder to hit. It is a fair tradeoff, and works the same way with bunny-hopping.

Anyway, I support having moving targets in the VR training area. This makes target practice actually challenging.
  10. GrumpyArse

I like this idea, and God knows I need all the help I can get. :cool:
  11. EWarren

ADAD dummies would be a welcome change.

If they want to add that, let's add vehicles driving in circles too.

For laughs, we should have the following to prepare soldiers for the Real Battle (TM):
    - Magriders on top of high hills
    - ESFs doing reverse thrusters in mid air
    - A valley full of flak MAXes
    - A mine field
    - A forest with LAs hiding on tree branches holding C4s
    - Harasser swarm dashing left and right on an open field
    - A maze full of corners + Hacksaw MAXes behind each turn

This is turning into a circus!
  12. Stew360 Translator

If my proposed additions to the VR training area were to be implemented we would be able to test various issues. Firstly, we would be able to test the accuracy of different weapons whilst fired from the hip in regards towards hitting moving targets. Secondly, we would also be able to find out if missing a moving target was due to a personal error in aiming or do to faulty hit registration and related issues.

If it turns out that missing moving targets is due to a personal error in aiming my proposed additions could aid in players improving their accuracy. Furthermore, it would also allow players to find weapons that would work best in several situations.
  13. JokeForgrim

I would like to add, Please add Targets with really bad packet loss and latency along with some of the "normal" ADAD dummies to make it more realist.
  14. Stew360 Translator

We really need this addition to make it into the VR training area. We need to have moving targets within the VR training area in order to test the accuracy of different weapons in regards to hitting moving, rather than stationary targets. The stationary targets do not represent a typical ‘real’ target within the game, real players move around and as such the VR training area doesn't represent accurate player targets.
  15. Judgeratt

ADADAD really gets on my nerves. Those noobs should rebind their keys! SFSFSF, c'mon folks!
  16. Kastrenzo

This is called Strafing, Not "ADADADADADADADAD Spamming"

Cheap tactic but nothing you can do but suck it up and deal with it, I guess Stew360 expects everyone to stop like a Prowler in Hull-down mode when they want to fire their Rifle.
    • Up x 1
  17. NeverWas

well to be honest , it doesn't need to be a moving character.

see those cardboard people in the firing range ? just make them move left and right and that would be suffice imo.