There must be something wrong with the pounder

Discussion in 'MAX' started by OldMaster, May 6, 2013.

1. Frosty The Pyro

this HAS to be wrong. Comets will never kill any target with more than 1900 (3800 for 2x) effective hp faster than pounders will. once you hit the 4 second mark commets will never again overtake pounder damage, so anythin with a TTK over 4 seconds pounders will kill faster than comets.

A stock sundy has 8636 effective health, pounders do 425 per hit, commets do 475 and fractures do 315. pounders and comets have a .5 second refire and fractures have a .75 second refire. pounders have a 2 second reload, comets 1.5 seconds, and fractures 2.5 seconds. This gives pounders a 4 second fire cycle for 4 shots, comets a 2.75 second fire cycle for 2 shots, and fractures a 10 second fire cycle for 10 shots.

Therefor TTK vs a sundy as can easily be calculated are
    9s dual pounders (11 x2 hits)
    11.5 seconds dual comets (10 x2 hits)
    12.25 seconds dual fractures (14 x2 hits)
    20 seconds single pounder (21 hits)
    24.75 seconds single comet (19 hits)
    25.25 seconds single fracture. (28 hits)
  2. exLupo

I'm pretty sure that the last shot doesn't have an additional refire delay before reload starts
    (Magazine-1)Refire+LongReload -
    Pounder: (4-1)0.75+2 = 4.25
    Frac: 9.25
    Comet: 2.0

That gets me to 10s for the Pounder, 11.5 for the Frac and 9.5 for the Comet. I could be totally wrong but let me show my work so at least I can have my betters point out where I biffed it. I included the rear kill as I'm certain it's near-on exactly 8 Pounder 2x to the rear to kill an unarmored Sundy. I had a lot of time knocking down stock ones NC troops kept setting up in the same place/position the other day.

At least for 1 Sundy, Comet/Pounder swing back and forth depending on where you get it during the reload cycle. Fracs are always behind, which is fair. I'd love to see this plotted out.

r=refire
    re=reload
    s=seconds
    d=damage

Pounder 11x2 = 10s
    2 850d
    r .75s
    2 1700d
    r .75s
    2 2550d
    r .75s
    2 3400d
    re 2s
    2 4250d
    r .75s
    2 5100d
    r .75s
    2 5950d
    r .75s
    2 6800d - rear 6.5s
    re 2s
    2 7650d
    r .75s
    2 8500d
    r .75s
    2 9350d

Frac 14x2 = 11.5
    d 630
    r .75
    d 1260
    r .75
    d 1890
    r .75
    d 2520
    r .75
    d 3150
    r .75
    d 3780
    r .75
    d 4410
    r .75
    d 5040
    r .75
    d 5670
    r .75
    d 6300
    re 2.5
    d 6930 - rear 9.25
    r .75
    d 7560
    r .75
    d 8190
    r .75
    d 8820

Comet 10x2 = 9.5s
    d 950
    r .5s
    d 1900
    re 1.75s
    d 2850
    r .5s
    d 3800
    re 1.75s
    d 4750
    r .5s
    d 5700
    re 1.75s
    d 6650
    r .5s
    d 7600 - rear 7.25
    re 1.75s
    d 8550
    r .5s
    d 9500

edit: - If these are right (again, correct where I went wrong if not), then I feel better about the Falcon/Raven relationship.

Falcon 5x2 8.4s
    d 1750
    re 2.1s
    d 3500
    re 2.1s
    d 5250
    re 2.1s
    d 7000 - rear 6.3
    re 2.1s
    d 8750

Raven 9x2 - 10s
    r 1.25
    r 1.25
    r 1.25
    r 1.25
    re 1.5
    r 1.25
    6860 - rear 7.75
    r 1.25
    r 1.25
  3. MaxDamage

Both VS and NC have had valid AI/AV combos from launch, if they want to kill infantry, the rocket goes ahead to target, if a vehicle comes up, they can contribute.

For TR, we've had to put up with either/or, never a combo until the fracture arrived.
    Only an imbecile would run around with heavy cycler and pounder, arguably two of the worst MAX weapons of any empire. LOL.

What's so funny Max?

Eh, I dunno.
    • Up x 2
  4. Zaxudih

If you think they're bad now you should've tried them out before their velocity got buffed.
    • Up x 1
  5. Takoita

The actual splash range is pretty good. Doesn't help with that ridiculously low splash damage though.
  6. Pikachu

I just made a thread here about MAX AV splash damage. :D It was hardly noticeable in the old days when it was higher, now it's meaningless.
  7. Takoita

Yeah, it might as well not exist at all. The only people who are in danger of dying from it are those sitting with one bar of health in a corner, waiting for their shields to recharge.
  8. OldMaster

In late beta they had 5 ammo clip, more infantry damage and splash damage. That was decent!
  9. Ocfos

[IMG]

I'm sorry but I see no problem here other than what I presume is your aims.

Pretty much.

Despite, the Pounder does higher damage if you hit with it. Quite a bit, too. Sure the Fracture has bigger clips, but the Pounder is certainly not useless once you learn how to aim with it. The trick on hitting up-close with it is faily easy to learn if you pay attention to where the bullets hit according to your crosshairs, too.
  10. Tungsten

Do you use the pounders? This is not sarcasm, your picture proves nothing but if you have actually created a way to use the pounders effectively other than purely AV i want to know about it. Right now i highly doubt you have.
  11. Highway_Star

The only thing that's wrong is the zeroing. They seem to be zeroed for 50 meters or so. At closer ranges than that, the shells do no damage. Needs fixing.
  12. exLupo

At that range, hitting a standing or ADS target is not surprising.

At less than that range you'll have to alternate fire or only use one as the convergence will fling one or both past the target.
  13. Tungsten

Yes i know but one day someone who says the pounders are ok might not be full of it.
  14. Naithe

Well I've been using them and I still find the unreliable, but ironically with the velocity buff (and bullet drop nerf). The Pounders are far more reliable to hit with. Still by far the worst one, to use on average imho, since hitting infantry that at comming after you, is an act of god, more then anything.

I assume you think the fracture is fine too, by the same logic? since the fracture is to other MAX AV weapons, what other MAX AV weapons is to the pounder.

If so fair enought, then you judge fine by different values then I do. =)
  15. Ocfos

Well what I meant was that once you get to learn the Pounders, they're way better than Fractures at short-medium range.

Fractures take zero to no skill to learn how to use, as they're mostly point+click and the typical determining of paths.
  16. Naithe

Yes and no, even then pounders are the worst against infantry. Now this gonna sound wierd, that in its own right I don't see as a problem.

But the pounders on a whole are worse, due to the limitations on it. especially since at short to medium range they expose themselves too much compared to how hard it is to hit etc.

Its like if an HA had to "charge" a decimator in the open for 2 seconds, before firing it.

Also fractures are as easy to use as any other AV weapon, only the pounder of the AV max weapons takes "skill" to use. Which is why I made the statement regarding fractures and pounders.

Its perfectly fine if people disagree with me, but if they do, I just hope they aren't the same who are complaining about the fracture, because any argument that the pounder is ok, if you learn it, could be used against any other max weapon compared to the fracture. (after all they OHK infantry, they just have to not miss right?).

Well I don't think the pounder is okay, as mentioned before its fine if its bad at long range, and good at short range, but then the weapon needs to be tuned for it. Big drop thats hard to gauge, along with 2 second exposure, then 2 second reload. ensures the pounder either gimbs its damage, or stands in the open at close range attacking a tank. (which is suicide providing you aren't ignored.)
  17. Pikachu

No buff to the pounder here either. Instead they lowered the price. :(
  18. MorganM

New price on the pounder reflects it's true worth.
  19. Tungsten

They give you certs for buying it?
    • Up x 3
  20. OldMaster

This is the dual pounder BEFORE they changed. It really sucket at that time, and now it's eve worst. It has 4 ammo clip instead of 2 but increased gravity and that "blind corner aim".