I just realized something, assault rifles are basically the best weapons!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FPSnoob, May 15, 2013.

1. LordMondando

If the DMR had 5 more bullets, even 3, it would be an excelent weapon.

Its issue is rarely, at any range, will you get a kill without exhausting the maganise, miss a single shot, two certainly. You'll have to reload before your enemy dies.

I also just don't get why a gun supposed to lend itself to ranged fighting has such low muzzle velocity.

People look at its high damage and fail to see thats its one advantage, over a suite of disadvantages.

Lol wut?
    Its pretty, hell its crushingly average. GR-22 or Carnage BR beat it in nearly all regards.
  2. DramaticExit

The ability to get into cover and regen it's own healthas many times as needed? Infinite health goes a long way... Unsurprisingly.
    • Up x 3
  3. LGhost1904

I don't play medic often but god damn I love it's default assault rifle... It's a shame my heavy can't carry one
  4. Ghosy01

it is hard to tell i personally think lmg 's are stronger especially on the tr side since all guns do 143 damage , which dotn compare with a fully certed tmg 50 but even then tmg 50 is not a good gun if we compare to other factions lmg's. so unless you are really close to make use of the usually higher rate of fire lmg's are better at least on the tr , i only play tr
  5. Kupcake

I think I blew up both of your walruses. :D
  6. WalrusJones

Well, Given I have been using the T7 to try and shoot up planes, That isn't too impressive just yet.
  7. Kupcake

I wasn't trying to impress!

It was just a friendly AP shell to the face. And I was wondering what you were doing . . .
  8. WalrusJones

I tend to spontaniously do inefficient things for the hell of it, Most of my solo play is me hunting liberators and playing with the SABR, my teamplay trying to ward off enemy air power from the squad with a T7 for some reason, and... My outfit play trying to ram planes out of the air with a galaxy to shocking effectiveness.
  9. kennonfodder

A medic is inferior in a 1v1 encounter with a heavy and some certed shield. Dont tell me an assault rifle is better than a very good LMG.

And most people dont play medic often because they fear for their precious K/D, this class is always present where people die. Better stay in tanks or behind your shield if you plan board the "ARs are sooo good" train. A good medic sacrifices himself for the team :rolleyes:

yeah we brought that up so many times, maybe GU9 will change some thing for good. Reaper is a weapon for enthusiasts. So most people go for the easy(ier) wins with other weapons.
  10. Eclipson

Yea, ARs are amazing. The Cycler TRV is a beast at close to medium range. And the Sabr is amazing and medium to long range with High Velocity ammunition. The Sabr is probably the best ranged weapon in the game other then sniper rifles and bolt actions. Its far better then battle rifles, lol.
  11. Kupcake

I still like the Reaper. The magazine capacity really isn't that bad. Yeah, it's only 20 rounds, but it's a weapon you're pulling out for controlled fire at medium range. You can easily get a kill before the magazine empties. The Reaper has more manageable recoil than the SAW, after all, and people consider the SAW very accurate at range once it's certed.

And when you do reload, the Reaper short reloads _very_ fast. 1.86 is excellent, not only for AR's but for Carbines. The fast short reload is the saving grace of the X11 and Reaper.
  12. redmamba

SABR13 FTW

13. MrK

If you like Gauss accuracy @4x scope range, then you'll fall in love with Corvus' one at said range.
    I still prefer the Gauss because it doesn't lose on CQC while still being beasty at range, but Corvus overtakes Gauss in ease of use at range.
  14. gudman591

Gotta try it out then, I like staying at range (not a fan of shotguns, so I prefer to stay as far away from them as possible).
  15. that_darn_lurker

ARs are great weapons. Too bad I don't want to be a medic. Would like it if LAs had access to ARs. I'm not completely sure why SOE gave certain classes some of these arbitrary weapon limitations. For Infiltrators I can understand, and to some extent I can understand why HA only has access to LMGs. Barring a really good reason that escapes me, ARs and Carbines should be usable by Medics, LAs, Engies, and HAs.
  16. Rhaeyn

I love my H-V45.
  17. Phrygen

of course the ARs are better than all the other weapons...

why you think they gave it to t he medics.
  18. Sebyos

Don't exaggerate ARs tough. I'm happy that you tried them and found them impressive, but they do have negative points too.

The ADS move speed multi is almost always bad and so is the hip fire not to mention you pretty much always need a compensator which makes it even worse. Usually, you sit at 2.5 hip fore CoF still and 3 while moving which is plain horrible and will make you lose a lot of surprise encounters under 5 meters especially from the CoD cloaked kids with SMGs.

Of course every faction gets at least one gun that counters all of that with good hip fire and ADS move speed, but then it suffers greatly at medium long range engagements (passed 60 meters). Your best bet is to go between the two options with the NS-11A. It has better ADS move speed and hip fire than most ARs, so you will be better when surprise encounters arrive and still be much better a medium long range than a CQC weapon such as the Hydra.

Basically ARs are truly great weapons and are a big part of why I love the medic so much, but you can't picture them as godly weapons with the best parts of all guns. Also, on the VS side, there is only 1 weapon with the damage drop off of an LMG.

Anyway, medic is the least played class so welcome aboard.
  19. Teegeeack

You guys have enough.
  20. FPSnoob

Haha dude I don't like you...
    For being a beast with the weapon :p
    Man you're gonna make throw my cash at SOE soon

That SABR looks like the perfect gun for me, I love engaging targets at medium to long range but I suck too much to be able to with VS's LMG, carbines, etc

I don't worry about short range because I'm better then engaging long range anyways, plus 2 round burst will stop me from spraying madly in high stress situations

This is gonna be my second thing to buy with station cash