Why don't I see complaints about liberators?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LGhost1904, May 16, 2013.

1. LGhost1904

I feel like I'm the only one who view these as over powered...

Everything in this game can be countered by a single infantry, ESFs, Tanks, Sundies, Flashes, Harrassers, even a small group trying to attack your base.... Except for liberators. It's the only thing that requires multiple people to take out. Dual Burster Max? Dead before you can get it's health to half way... I understand that they are the tanks of the skies but why do we need tanks in the skies and tanks on the ground when they share the same role, except libs are much easier to use and way safer to be in.... The main issue for me is whatever weapon they use that drops those ridiculous repeated bombs on everyone's heads. Even a Max Flak Armor 5 can't survive a helping of that... It should only drop one bomb and that's it, I don't know exactly how strong one bomb is so maybe buff the damage of it... Their just ridiculous as is and 10 times worse than "LolPods", ESF's stand no chance against a dual burster max and aiming Lolpods is way harder than aiming that gun in the liberator.

Libs are my worse enemy right now
  2. FreelancePanic

1 Lancer + Spawn room shields = very unhappy Lib crew.

Not to mention, a single good ESF pilot can counter a manned Lib using only his nose gun (hit em from the top and sides), which in terms of numbers and resources is unfair.

And don't forget, they need to be CREWED by at least two people to be effective. Hence, you should need at least two people to counter: two MAXes makes short work of a lib too.

In conclusion: Learn to play.
    • Up x 3
  3. Xasapis

A dual burster max with extended magazines can kill a liberator in two reloads.

The liberators are just a shadow of what they used to be and very rarely used by only dedicated crews.
    • Up x 6
  4. Stew360

Why ? because mostly ' at least on matherson ...

only really experimented pilots and copilots / gunners can do anything good with it lol

Liberator are very very situational , devastating yes but situational a lots

most of the liberator get shot before they even do a single kills lol
  5. OmegaPREDATOR

I totally agree.

If I don't like to have a liberator on the top of my head when I'm in my ESF, I'm not scare of them (except some good pilot/gunner who, even alone, are really hard to shoot down).

It's more ESF who can destroy liberator/MBT (in 1 pass)/sunderer who hare under powered.

So try to find a team or try ESF.
  6. phreec

Liberators counters are other Liberators or ESF's. Not AA MAX's or any ground units for that matter.
  7. LGhost1904

One Lancer cannot be used by my NC character... I'll happily say I took out the liberator that was causing me grief with the shrike, most impressive kill for me yet... He just went back and grabbed another one though.

When your inside your spawn room and a lib is over it, there is nothing you can do, you have to step outside to aim at it, when u do, 20 bombs resulting in instant death or you have to run back inside. I was forced to switch to Infiltrator which I never use just to try and stop the cap, seeing as I was stuck with a sniper rifle or pistol once I got out of the liberators eyes, I was forced into a terrible position against infantry on the ground. A single infantry should be able to defend a base against 3-5 guys with no problem and I usually do but not when a Lib is around.

Running to grab an ESF to take out the lib is giving up on the defending the base.

One lib pilot can take out a dual burster max by himself, mainly because they have a lot of armor and he has plenty of time to set position and switch to the bomber seat....

Finally, a dual burster max with extended mags can take out a lib if it's not getting bombs dropped on it, also the majority of lib pilots know when to pull out and I'm yet to run into one that wasn't able to get away safely to repair and return. Mainly because of the strong amount of armor they have
  8. Pivke

you dont see any complains about liberator because its too weak now.
    you dont see any complains about NC max either now, for the same reason.

if you see 2+ new whine threads every day for the same thing, that thing is too strong.
    if you see 1 new whine thread every two days for the same thing, that thing is just about right in balance terms.
    if you dont see any (or very little) whine thread, that thing sucks donkey balls! people dont use it much or its just too weak for the people to notice that it has been used against them with much effect.
    • Up x 3
  9. Xasapis

Yes, usually they'll run once you unload the first clip. Also if you're firing from around the spawn room and it's just that liberator above you and no infantry camping the spawn, then you should be getting rather minimal damage. Of course then you end up with the problem of being unable to switch the cap point back without ditching the max.
  10. Sifer2

Because they are nothing like they used to be. There was a time where Liberators won battles. Now they are mostly annoyance unless you bring about 5 or so as a surprise before the enemy can respond with lots of Burster spam. Yes they can still kill things. An no a single newbie without better unlocked weapons cant hurt them too much. Double Bursters or A2A lock on launchers though chase them away fairly fast since you are rarely the only one shooting at them.
  11. Purg

Were you around at release? I would guess no based on your complaints.

Personally, I think the Liberators are too weak but that's mainly because ESFs are too strong against ground and don't focus on bringing Liberators down.

This game isn't about soloing things nor should it ever be.
  12. Zotamedu

You must be new here. Liberators are fine now. If anything there are too few of them around. Back around launch, they were everywhere and you couldn't take a step outside without being blown to bits. Back then we didn't have all the AA options we have now either. With all the lock on launchers and the pretty heavy nerf to both gravity and splash, they are a lot less powerful. I you are seriously having a problem with liberators now, I think you need to check your play style.
    • Up x 1
  13. LGhost1904

I was doing what I felt was best for my faction, trying to save the bonus. Other wise I would have been with others.

Here was the situation...

There was an alert on Indar at about 1:00 in the morning so not that many people were on server wise, although the alert and world population managed to remain even (surprisingly). Anyway, my faction NC only had the Amerish bonus and I seen that TR were headed toward our warp gate. I left the squad I was in on Indar to try and stop the ghost cappers on Amerish... After I got there and seen what I was working with, I figured I would just try to hold them off until the alert ended where I would then hopefully get some back up. It was literally me by myself on Amerish against about 5-6 guys ghost capping, there was one other NC gen farming so he didn't care to help. I gave them as much resistance as I could from Crux (one by the Bastion) on east and north toward my warpgate. There was an hour left on the Alert... I held them for maybe an extra minute or two at the Crux tower as I could move freely without too much worry from the liberator... That's when the frustration with the liberator kicked in, every base left except one was an outdoor base and I couldn't get out the spawn room.. I tried my Dual Burster Max (with extended mags) but that was hopeless. And the Pheonix couldn't maneuver fast enough to turn upwards above the spawn room. A few bases later, we were at the other Crux tower outside my warp gate, I was able to provide a little resistance again but quickly realized they were in squad after I seen them falling from the skies in drop pods immediately after I killed them. I felt helpless and went back to the WG... Looking at the time remaining on the Alert, I saw that my little bit of resistance was actually doing something and that I could save this bonus (hoping that more NC would arrive afterwards) I go ahead and meet them at the last base Hidden Ridge and managed to kill the flying lib and mossie with my Shrike and all the guys on the ground. Flipped the cap and waited as they came back with another lib. At this point, it was over, no one else showed up and the alert ended 5 minutes later.

That's the story though...

The issue is, I could not provide resistance at the outdoor bases because I had no way to take out the liberator that had me trapped in spawn... Had it been anything else, I could have at least gotten to the point a few times... They give us 3 minutes to defend these bases, 3 minutes to rid the enemies. I was helpless though and had no option to even provide resistance because of the liberator.
  14. Stew360 Translator

From my experience of playing on Mattherson only the very experienced pilots and gunners can use the Liberator effectively. Liberators can be very devastating if used correctly, however it must be noted that they are very situational tools. From what I have seen most Liberators get shot down before they even have a chance to kill an enemy player.
    • Up x 1
  15. MaxDamage

Given the known exploit that liberators can be a certain distance and fire through spawn shields completely with main gun (unsure about others), I have found the opposite to also be true.
  16. SgtBreastroker

Libs Overpowered?

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  17. LGhost1904

+1.... psyche
  18. Cougarbrit

Libs are still one of the most destructive forces in the game, but only in the hands of experienced crews with upgraded libs, and only in areas with little to none AA or A2A. They aren't really that powerful a threat anymore, they might benefit from a few buffs or at least undoing some nerfs, now that AA is both more common and more powerful.

But they were rightfully nerfed in the first place, before the nerfs, Libs ruled the game pretty much, and the groundwar was hell.
  19. huller

try flying a lib for a change instead of complaining. Before the nerf everyone and their dog was zephering away, making ground combat hell. The nerf was justified, perhaps a bit overdone but still justified.
  20. KnightCole

You dont see complaints about them because nothing is wrong with them.

They are durable, slow moving targets.....plenty tough enough to survive a good beating and plenty deadly so the crew gets some good points.