Can we get ADADAD strafing target in the VR training ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, May 16, 2013.

1. Stew360

I would like to see the VR training improove with a new section / features :)

ADADAD spammers target as well as running target

So this way we could really test the hit resgistration etc.. on all weapons :)
    • Up x 18
  2. Stew360 Translator

I would like to see some improvements made to the VR training area.

Something that I personally encounter on a regular basis are players that quickly tap the ‘A’ and ‘D’ keys. Players that do this can be somewhat difficult to hit. As such I propose that within the VR training area there should be targets that simulate players quickly tapping the ‘A’ and ‘D’ keys. There should also be targets that simulate players running.

If these additions were made to the VR training area it would be possible for me to test if missing players spamming the ‘A’ and ‘D’ keys is due to a personal error in aiming, or possible faulty hitboxes on other players.
    • Up x 16
  3. Sifer2

lol

Anyway that might require them to implement AI into the game even for something as simple as moving back an forth. Might be more time consuming than its worth.
  4. Xasapis

Nah, it should be fairly simple. Just a dummy moving between two relatively close spots at the max strafing speed while firing.
  5. Xind

*dies laughing*
  6. Abdulovich

I'd rather have a duel mode in VR. why code an AI to simulate a player when you can ask an actual player to train you?
  7. }{ellKnight

Because you wouldn't need to go around asking people to let you shoot them.

Muscle memory maps have this, would be a nice feature.
    • Up x 1
  8. PS2Freak

or maybe dummies with 4th nanoweave on....
  9. Cougarbrit

And dummies with 4th/5th flak on.
  10. Kastrenzo

anyone who stays still in a firefight is a deadman.
    • Up x 1
  11. X3Killjaeden

yes we need targets (infantry, tanks and ESF) who actually move.
    Maybe a shooting gallery like on a fun fair with duckies... err ... infantry moving from left to right, then after a minute change to left/right strafe and back again.
  12. Ultramarine

Still a solid idea, it would be a good way for players to practice against realistic targets and sharpen skills
  13. vrcarnage

How about they just make the avatars move more realistically? The way the avatars can turn on a dime is what causes the issue. If some kind of momentum was taken into consideration the ADADAD (I use this my self) would not be possible.
  14. Ultramarine

Higby commented on this in a tweet. THey tried it, and it just felt awful to play
    • Up x 1
  15. vrcarnage

Of course it does. When a spoiled child gets use to having his / her way it's always a bad thing (for them) to remove it. In the end though the spoiled child need to be disciplined ;).

It's no different then them nerfing anything in the game. Everyone throws a fit and then they adapt. They will adapt again.
    • Up x 1
  16. Kronic

Great idea. I'd use it to figure out the lead on guns I don't use/plan on getting.
  17. Badname0192

You're wanting the bots to program their own ADADADADADAD Macros? What's next you're going to get them to get netlimiters as well?

LoL...

Nah I say go for it. I don't like VR anymore, but if it helps people, sure.
  18. CHDT65

God, I hate those ADAD players, it's just look so ridiculous, so unreal, like some kind of stupid dance.
    The dev team should find a system to penalize these kind of players, especially those using macros or special mouses for fast lateral movements.
  19. Ultramarine

This has nothing to do with ai. Point1 player move to x, player move to y, if at y goto point 1. The code loops and the target moves. Simple as that
  20. Xhaleon

Actually, I would like a bunch of VR dummies doing some steady jogging laps around the field roads. It would feel more like a genuine army training camp, only that everyone happens to be valid target practice.

The ADADAD dummies can be over in some exercise yard or something behind the hills, along with squatting dummies and jumping dummies. Maybe ones that do jumping jacks.
    • Up x 1