Higby plans to focus on quality of life after GU09

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ultimatestormer, May 14, 2013.

1. 13lackCats

Punish FF offenders
    Fix the annihilator
    Spawning with no health
    More verbal commands, especially tactical info
    More diverse voices (if we wear helmets, how can we hear each other)
    Remove lattice. You made these worlds awesome, let us run free
    Fire. Starts and spreads, with smoke
    Weather. Fog. Sandstorms
    • Up x 1
  2. Cirevam

Right now I would like the map-and-terminal-opening delay lessened or removed. I don't know why it takes three to five seconds to open the map or a random vehicle terminal. Did the UI team do something silly? Do you deallocate it when we don't look at the map for some period of time? It would be brilliant if you can make it take a second or less to load the basic territory control map. Load the rest of the elements after the territory loads, or whatever the player selected last.

Additionally, move loadouts out of a dropdown menu. Fewer clicks are better! Be elegant about it.
  3. Myka

Squad leader communication tools (coloured smoke, attack/defend markers) should be available all the time to players who've certed them, whether they are squad leader or not.

Actually no, you know what. The greatest 'quality of life' improvement I can think of would be some real attention paid to the VS weapons and vehicles. Fat chance though.
    • Up x 2
  4. ColdCheezePizza

Fix ADAD Macro and remove the gawd awful LA jet pack explosions
    • Up x 1
  5. daicon

Improving of Instant Action alittle
    removal of KDR
    make Jackhammer worth it
    alt-looking while running

These would greatly improve my time with the game
  6. Slaidd

Wow, 6 months after release and they're now going to focus on fixing bugs. Swell. Focus like a laser?

How about just fixing it so the game is somewhat stable and doesn't crash several times a night when you're in the middle of a huge fight? And with that maybe fixing the 5 or 6 attempts it takes for some to even get into the game with out crashing to the desktop? The stability in this game is a complete joke for having been out 6 months now.
  7. JudgeDeath

I think higby refers to his personal summer vacation with the "focusing on the quality of life" ^^
    • Up x 1
  8. NoctD

Fix the Annihilator already. And fix all the other rocket launcher bugs, but first fix the misfiring Annihilator. It really should be fixed in GU9 or sooner even.

And also loadouts getting wiped. That's so overdue for a fix!
  9. ScrapyardBob

Railings and textures spazzing out and missing chunks in the walls happens on medium + high settings as well.
  10. JackOfClubs

Purely quality of life, more loadout slots would be nice.
    • Up x 1
  11. EvilPhd

The FPS drop in medium to large battles is game killing terrible.
    Vectors missing inside bases.
    Multi-core optimization.
    Kill PhysX shell game and just draw the pixels with gravity like bullets and other debris.Save you all a lot of headaches and optimize the forgelight engine.

Oh and fix the bug where half the time my mines don't deploy half the time and I have play sitting duck spamming the deploy button for 10 seconds.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheBigHert

How about decent customer service instead of 4 or 5 random people saying we don't care about your issue when filling out a ticket?
  13. Duff_Chimp

Bring lapsed players back into the game...

Bring out patches with 'actual' content and not just bug fixes and weapon adjustments...

New continent anytime this year?

Lol roadmap...
  14. Sifer2

I second fixing the ancient Mosquito landing gear not going up bug. And better optimizations for AMD users.

Also agree that Low graphics settings needs to be looked into. Specifically in terms of how cloaked Infiltrators are shown, and how IR/NV modes work. Right now both of these are completely different from what a person sees on high settings.

And yes the Map took a step backwards with the filter tabs. Seems to just take me longer to get the information I want to see.

Also I would like to be able to buy more grenades/mines without needing to die or switch class's when i'm near the cap.
    • Up x 1
  15. siiix

well i would not say i could not use a performance increase, but really no big deal ... quality of life ?

can i have a red cape with my hat ? :)
  16. siiix

cant release the new continent until they figure out if its lattice or current system, and if lattice what version
  17. Duff_Chimp

They parked us down this one way street. I just wonder if they have made their money or they just have run out of steam. So many promises made and broken, this elephant won't forget.

Ps. I'm attending the dentist today, this will be more fun than playing ps2 currently.
  18. SgtBreastroker

That will not work at all. Refer to my sig for how people post on the forums.
  19. Cougarbrit

That's even worse than I thought then, that's some pretty terrible stuff.
  20. siiix

well no actually with this one you cant blaim them, they try to make something new to work... they community requested the lattice system and they have listened

in general this is good, now my personal opinion is that it will be a fail, but the intentions are very honorable

they really try they best, but for some reason they missing very obvious problems... if i would not know any better i would say this must be the 1st game they made

i actually worked in game development before, some of the ideas they come up with should not even made it to the test server

in any case that certain stuff is delayed because they game it self MIGHT be changing is completely understandable, and no one is to blaim
    • Up x 1