[SOE Cast] What's your favorite role and why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luperza, May 13, 2013.

1. Cougarbrit

I thought everyone wanted burger camo.
    • Up x 2
  2. Rak

My favorite role is that of Piloting because it's the most challenging and rewarding thing in the game.
    • Up x 1
  3. ThundaHawkPS

me like fly

other times only cower behind MAX suit because bullets too painful
    • Up x 1
  4. WalrusJones

Nah, the Decal.... Isn't ENOUGH.
    SOE, GIVE ME CHANCE TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY.
  5. Duff_Chimp

Ham, definitely ham.

Because mmmm... ham.

Maybe some pickle, but the main attraction is ham.

Sweet ham, maybe honeyglazed that's kind of nice or a lovely smoked ham.

Whatever really it is still ham tasty.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kalee-J

Combat Medic...

It's a jack of all trades class and role. You can support the team, you have decent selection of rifles, and you are self-sufficient from heals.
    • Up x 1
  7. Trucky

I have the feel that Luperza is the only developer that care for us and actually want to knows our opinion in planetside instean of closing threads with no questioning *cough*radarX*cough*
  8. Ranik

...... RadarX is a forum administrator/community manager.

What do you expect him to do? o_O
    • Up x 1
  9. Izayoi Aya

Medic, just cuz I can't aim and support is easy.
    Also, Harrasser driver, running around the land dodging bullet from enemy while my friend shoot and hopefully hit something.
    • Up x 1
  10. bodmans

i take any role depending on whats needed, though i like how an infil can hack turrets behind an enemy zerg, and effectively crippling said zerg.(though there's still an issue where the victims of manned hacked turrets can shoot you before they render...)

and then again, there's always the reason why MAX's cant droppod anymore

srill experimenting with new ways of battle though. using the gal as gunship for example

for him i have the thread in my sig
    • Up x 1
  11. Awass

Medic. Still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I rez people.
    • Up x 2
  12. Alarox

Good question.

If I could have a Light Assault with a rocket launcher, then that would probably be my answer. Sadly, I can't stand playing any class that doesn't have anti-vehicle capabilities besides C4. Only reason I have somewhere around just 2 hours with the Light Assault.

So Heavy Assault.
    • Up x 1
  13. DJPenguin

Light Assault. Class with the highest skill ceiling (and it's not even that high).
  14. Khyrin

Being in an infantry outfit i have the free choice, if it gets the job done. But luckily there is always demand for a certain amount of some classes, and never enough of heavies, although we rarely use the LA.

I like beind medic because i have good anti infantry capability and can keep my team up and running, and C4.

I like being engineer because i can keep our MAXes happy and our heavies heavy, and all the other guys of course, and explosives.
    Also great for when i fly my Reaver, or drive my Vanguard, or me beloved Skyguard flyswatter.

I like being an Infiltrator with the choice of drilling a 12,7mm bullet into the head of guy that has no idea that im watching him drilling his nose or just say "hello" and whoop da hoop his rear end with the SMG, also i can hack stuff, which is credit to team, most of the time.

And then i like being heavy, because there is never enough people to put rockets into stuff and bullets into people with different colored shirts.

Also i like being a MAX, because of shotguns, 2 of them, and badass feeling when i take the grenade to the face and return the favor in form of 24 pellets reorganizing the the intestines of my oppisition, before i take 4 rockets to the face...

Only class i can't work with is Light Assault, probably because i didn't got a pump action yet, and no C4.
    • Up x 1
  15. WalrusJones

Does anyone else find it strange that us forumgoers are mostly reporting that we like playing the least played class the most?

Half of these posts have been medic thus far, medics make up 9K out of the 70K BR+20 players players. (As opposed to the 11K infiltrators, 12K light assaults, 26K HA.....)
  16. Radioactive Pirate

Engineer. Because it's a blast (yes, pun intended) gunning down a MAX with the anti-infantry MANA turet... and I like repairing AA turrets in order to keep the night sky filled with tracers. So pretty.
    • Up x 1
  17. Malebranche

Tanker/vehicle gunner- Ive found that Im pretty good at it because I suck at being an infantryman.
    • Up x 1
  18. Lyel

It is and shall always be the Infiltrator, because the role is IMO the most unique. I just wish it had more options to sabotage bases with, but what we have right now is ok, back hacking turrets is really funny :D
    • Up x 1
  19. anaverageguy

Sniper- w/ bolt action.

Reason 1: Spreading out damage by landing body shots on incoming enemies, then watching them get taken down in quick succession when they enter battle against automatic weapons without their shields up is incredibly satisfying, especially when the flow of combat is clearly visible from the sniping point.

Reason 2: I especially enjoy seeing someone helpless while [they're] holding a shotgun.

Reason 3: If I really need to, I can take down multiple enemies in quick succession before they can be brought back up. Assuming I'm on top of my game.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lyel

If you think that the dev's don't care about what we think, you need to go sit in a corner and think hard about your life. SOE is without a doubt the most community-invested MMO company I've ever met. Don't believe me? Search up a little Korean company called Nexon, the people who pretty much created the free-to-play model we see today. THEN you'll appreciate SOE.