7 months have passed. The game STILL crashes upon exit...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hyperz, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Artifex78

Oha, looks like I struck a nerve. First of all my intention wasn't to criticise your expertise. Secondly, I was assuming we are talking about a setup at your home where a "consumer-grade" DSL router would be sufficient. NAT is a great thing, just ask any big company with internet access - and usually they use proper devices for the job. You are right with UPnP - but I haven't even mentioned that.

NAT (or the lack of) wasn't even my concern. But a software firewall on your own computer without further protection is against any network security principle. But hey, it seems you know what you are talking about and I assume you aren't running everything with Administrator privileges.

Good luck to you.
  2. BadZen69

Try adding planetside2.exe to the safe/exceptions list of your antivirus software or updating sound drivers. Seems like one of these two fixes work for a few posters.
  3. iccle

I still have this issue, ive had it since tech test.
  4. Naceo

I have this one pretty often. It just plops down that "PS2 has closed unexpectedly" box. But then again, so did every single source engine game I've played so I think it's just windows wonking out. After dealing with that for about 5 years, I don't really care about this one.
  5. Nakor

I can count the number of times PS2 has closed without crashing in the last 8 months on one hand with fingers to spare. Its annoying and unprofessional but has little impact on the game, which is probably why they haven't done anything about it. They've got bigger problems to deal with.
  6. DashTech

I think I have this issue. When I exit the game, Windows tells me the game has crashed - I dismiss this message. It doesn't really bother me. I'm not running a firewall for IPv4, just NAT protection, and I have nothing setup to forward for PS2 - VOIP etc all work fine.
  7. Hyperz

Still not fixed. Not that I expected it to be but still...
  8. Terramorph

Have had this issue constantly since I first installed and ran Planetside 2 back in November of 2012. You would think that they could have addressed this by now. :rolleyes:
  9. Macchus

yup same here every time it happens i think maybe this time ill make a post ... but i know im lying to myself lol. i mean its annoying but only a little bit .. the more annoying thing is that every so often it decides to pop up an error website .
  10. Sloddo

7 months, same 'crash on exit' problem here, every time.
  11. SpikeDevil420

my game crashed when i exited every time but after gu8 it became less and now its gone lol :p
  12. Athanasius

Mine is definitely still doing this with GU08 (and hotfixes since, last played yesterday around ~22h GMT + 1).
  13. Ian_M

I would prefer SOE put programming talent to fixing the many other bugs. It does not effect the gameplay at all. Mine crashes avery time I exit the game. So what.
  14. Athanasius

One thing I need to track down to be sure before I file a bug report is if it's the crash-on-exit, rather than a 'normal' crash, that means I sometimes have changed someone's received VOIP volume in one session, but then it's back to the old value in the next. That quickly gets old especially when it's a PL/SL.