TR Jaguar was made useless !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, May 2, 2013.

1. TheWhiteDragon

I was using the Jaguar for better range in situations where my SMG wasn't cutting it. I never did that well with it. Now I don't see the point in trying. Trying out the T5 AMC for those situations instead now. Happy with my results so far. I regret ever buying the Jaguar. I was using it for the wrong things, it was never that great, and then it got nerfed.

Ditch the carbines. Go Armistice before they nerf that too.
    • Up x 1
  2. vastaitku

The problem was recoil, which is (as far as I know) exactly the same in VR and the game proper. You pull the mouse towards you just as much in both. It's not affected by enemy loadout.
  3. vaxx

I understand what you are saying. But even controlling recoil on a stationary target is not hard to do. In-game situations put out variables that are not present in the VR is all I am saying.

I noticed with the Lynx that I used to be able land many bullets on a target from short-med-semi long range. After this patch it can still be done, but not as consistently. But in the VR I could not really tell as much as I did in actual battle.
  4. ColdCheezePizza

Jag is the new carv s, sad they have to screw over paying customers instead of just buffing or releasing something better.
    • Up x 1
  5. vastaitku

I actually have Jaguar Auraxiumed (English!), but it's been so long since I played with it that I won't be able to tell the difference. However if it's harder to hit things at range, it's probably due to some variable other than recoil. I was hoping to get better gameplay footage, but since the servers blew up and won't let me play, this is all I got:

I wish I had sticky grenades certed. That Reaver was asking for it.
  6. Farlion

Again, my Jaguar performs fine, if not better now. I can actually use a suppressor now with the update, too.
  7. Paperlamp

Serpent on sale day after buff lol
  8. ZaebashySoSOE

Jaguar on sale next day after severe nerf - TROLOLOLO SOE screw u !

[IMG]

all BS. Get a grip to waste 100 certs :mad: .
    Stop playing NC then, its rocking from left to right damn it ! Already died today because wasted all ammo on 25 meters
  9. Farlion

I'm not. The Lynx is virtually useless now, the Jaguar is still fine.
  10. ROCKFIISH

Wow, just wow.
  11. Ganelon

Keyword being 'still'. Knowing SOE, it won't be for long.
    • Up x 1
  12. Papio

Already got my medals for the Lynx otherwise I'd be mad.

As of GU8 TR infantry weapons are so poorly balanced with faction traits/other factions that it's almost funny, on the plus side however I've not lost a oneVone with a Gauss Saw unless I'm being shot in the back,
  13. ROCKFIISH

Talk about understanding weapons, the only difference between the Jaguar and the Trac-5 is the hipfire cone of fire being a tiny bit smaller and the recoil pattern being better for longer ranges. There was nothing different about the 2 guns other than that. 750 rpm is not a CQC carbine, that is the same rate of fire as the default gun.
  14. Farlion

Sadly, that is true. Meanwhile weapons like the Razor and Merc remain completely untouched.

Bought mine like 2 weeks before the update. Waste of 1k certs. Not sure what that idiot Higby is smoking. I bet he'll nerf the Fracture way before the Raven, even though the Raven is far more op.
  15. TheWhiteDragon

After a good weekend with it, I've determined that the T5 AMC is better than the Jaguar ever was.
  16. Mambakiller

I am really tired of these ******** responders that spout nonsenses out from ignorance.
    They increasd the horizontal recoil, a thing for witch you can not compensate with skill....useless weapon is useless
    • Up x 1
  17. WalrusJones

Aside from the terrible English here, the foregrip now does A LOT for random recoil weapons effective range:
    It slants all recoil to be more upwards (GU08 bonus,) and it reduces horizontal recoil (Minimum, old bonus,) and maximum recoil (Added in GU08.)

Only jaguar maximum horizontal recoil was increased, and random horizontal recoil is somewhat helpful at medium range (However, said poster of the VR footage gave some footage out in the wild: He hit things fine with the advanced laser sight.)
  18. vastaitku

It's only useless to people who were using it as a crutch. I provided video evidence, you provided tears.
  19. PhiladelphiaCollins

What the actual **** is a Carabine?
  20. ZaebashySoSOE

Provide us proof video when you+Jaguar killing strafing vanu with his imba carabine in the face or s.t.f.u.
    Jaguar is worse than my MSW-R, and even worse than T9 Carv. Higby+weed = loveBS.

Exactly, to properly aim again you need to stop firing, which is complete BS. All other weapons don't need to stop.

Carabine=Carbine, yes ?