ThundaHawk's Magnificent Ode to Scythe Ramming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ThundaHawkPS, May 1, 2013.

1. LGhost1904

Entertaining but let's get back to the Scythe ramming issue or fairness debate... Obscura, are you dropping out? The thread is legit, who cares how long it took, that doesn't mean it isn't valid. You called him out, he came back and called u out.... Now, he's sad? You have a right to your opinion and your free to state it, and you did, so that's out of the way. Roll the dice, end the soap opera, return to debate.
  2. WraithRage

Why is this thread here? Why is Thunda feigning championing this cause? The ramming plague is across all three factions. You don't care about this topic. I can't imagine as a AAA pilot you get rammed by Scythes unless you want to be in a self-promoting video. (Know why? Because its pretty easy to move out of the way of an oncoming ESF if you want to.)

Own up to it man. You are just trying to indirectly self-promote your L33T P1l0ting skills as evident from your advertisment/signature.....
  3. ThundaHawkPS

Are you aware that IronfistLMS, aka the dude who made the most-watched pilot instruction video on youtube and one of the best Reaver pilots around was rammed 3+ times by a Scythe yesterday and died in one shot when the Scythe didn't actually collide with him on his own screen?

I've been rammed by Scythes a ton of times and they live more often than they ought to. If you watch my videos you'll know I turn to fight pretty much every ESF that attacks me, and in close proximity and with the netcode being as it is Scythes have a fair chance to ram me or any ESF pilot for that matter, regardless of ability.

4. Obscura

[IMG]
    You remembered me from two months ago because you were MAD lol, and no other reason. Still doesn't change the fact that you're SO delusional, that you think it puts you in a favorable light to be angry at someones forum post for 2 months straight, and spend your spare time to prove them wrong in some twisted quest of self validation. Then harass that person when you are ignored. Thats the hilarious part lol, you don't even realize what you're doing, or that you look like a certifiable mental case when you do it haha.
  5. WraithRage

I'll say it again: The ramming plague is spread across all three factions. NC, TR, and VS pilots are ALL doing this.

Most times the victor is the least damaged ESF with the best (or perhaps worst) CLIENTSIDE hit detection at that moment. Sync issue maybe?

Stop trying to make this a nerf Scythe thread. The problem is bigger than one faction's ESF.
  6. ThundaHawkPS

I remembered you because you were the most obnoxious person in my thread + I promised I'd send the video evidence to your personally, which I have. All I did was keep my word.

I asked in that old 2 month thread if you'd plainly apologize like a man if I produced the evidence.
    And you have not. Unsurprising.

So why are you still here?

7. ThundaHawkPS

1-shot ramming among ESF is just a bad mechanic in need of adjustment or removal.

Scythes just happen to successfully 1-shot ram other ESF with the greatest frequency and also survive the impact with the greatest frequency.

Thanks to this thread, we now have video of the Scythe's unique ramming properties at work. We also have the testimony of numerous pilots across all servers + we have threads like these:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/scythe-ramming-becoming-common-tactic.119167/
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/scythe-ramming.117857/
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/scythe-ramming-out-of-hand.115833/

The ones who defend and deflect are the VS loyalists fueled ironically by emotion and irrationality.

And so, I state:
    1-shot kills among vehicles that rely on sloppy netcode and hitbox issues instead of precise aim (re: skill) are bad gameplay. It's bad for balance and it's anti-competition.

8. ThundaHawkPS

9. ThundaHawkPS

Alright. Watch the video at [0:40]. After the Scythe destroys the Reaver with a ram, it afterburners STRAIGHT UPWARDS towards me as I'm ascending.

Right after the Reaver explodes is when I notice the Scythe coming. I immediately hold descend and only just barely avoid being rammed by the Scythe. If I had been a bit slower to react or if the Scythe or I had lag issues, I could very well have died and that Scythe would have just 1-shot rammed two ESF dead in the span of ~10 seconds without firing a single shot.

I don't like getting rammed, but I do like turning to fight enemy ESF that attack me. Sometimes, they ram me. Usually, if it's a Scythe, I'll either get 1-shot by a (maybe phantom-not showing on my screen) collision or take critical damage from the impact.

With the PS2 netcode, it's not possible to avoid all collisions with ESF.

Clientside detection, etc. makes ramming more effective in general. You see this especially with Galaxies ramming ESFs when they weren't physically in ramming distance on the ESFs' screens.

10. WraithRage

Ok, now this part of the argument I can take seriously. It goes straight to the real issue at hand and doesn't sound like a "please nerf this faction's X, because my faction's Y seems underpowered in some way. There is a real issue here.

Sync is atrocious in this game at its current state. Clientside hit detection is not working properly in MANY instances (this is huge on the infantry side of the game currently also).

I'm saying attack the real issue here. It is not a Scythe issue, it is a much broader issue. A game wide issue.
  11. Obscura

[IMG]
  12. ThundaHawkPS

Until they can tidy up the netcode, it would be in the best interest of gameplay to lower collision damage between ESFs so people aren't losing their vehicles in 1 shot to something that has less to do with aim than spotty detection.

13. WraithRage

Sounds reasonable. Perhaps they can and will do this as a temporary fix. I think most pilots would be in favor of this option (unless they are truly bad), as long as the result is an equal amount of damage dealt to each ESF involved in a ramming scenario.

In the end though, it would still only be a bandage on a persisting wound. Treating the symptom and not curing the sickness.
  14. Ghosy01

i support you anyone that defends scythe ramming does ram himself, it is a cheap tactic and it should be removed i fly on all three factions and personally i ve rammed with the scythe countless times just because i know i ll survive , all the people like obscura that hate this thread are propably rammers themselves
  15. [NNG]WillTerry

This is an interesting thread and I intend to follow it.
  16. ThundaHawkPS

17. ROCKFIISH

This needs adjusting sooner than later. I am getting tired of bullfighting every ******* scythe on Helios.
  18. Assist

I like how you made this out to happen a lot. Of all the **** in this game that needs fixed, tuned, balanced, or removed, you picked this to go off about?
    What a waste.
    • Up x 1
  19. mittmorren

good vids man
  20. ThundaHawkPS

Between the HE/explosive nerfs and the multiple pump action shotgun nerfs the Devs have made a clear point to tone down one-shot kills.

One-shot kills by ramming are the least skillful kind of one-shot (can occur by accident, don't need to even aim your reticule at the victim ESF) and also the most punishing because the victim of an ESF ram loses their vehicle for 5-15 minutes whereas infantrymen respawn in 5-7 seconds.

One-shot ramming among ESF is also bogus because of netcode and hitbox detection issues.

I'd say it needs a fair looking at.

You're being far too emotional and not seeing this rationally.