Squad screen crashes the client

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EvilJollyT, May 4, 2013.

1. EvilJollyT

Going into the squad screen is currently crashing the client. My entire squad is experiencing this.

I am also crashing a lot when redeploying.
  2. Steinardarri

It is also happening to me, I freeze everytime I go to the social tab (on the squad screen). Just started happening to day. :/
  3. RadiO

Same problem. Outfit mate is able to invite me and look at squad screen though. :I
  4. maxkeiser

I have this as well. On Miller. Open squad screen and immediate game crash. Unable to exit or stop game.
  5. joeski

Same here, everyone in our squad is crashing when going to the social/squad screen. It's also happening to outfit members who are not in the squad...
  6. LordMondando

As i've said elsewhere, it appears to be local to the NC on Miller. Having tried it both with TR and VS on other servers and on Miller.

It also just magically appeared about 3.40 pm.

From this I conclude its something server side, at a guess some sort of fatal exception error is occuring when the client tries to fetch the list of available squads from the server.

Tad annoying.
  7. CONNE666

same here, also MILLER
  8. maxkeiser

Hilarious that it is NC only. lol.
  9. Zulaykha

Same here, NC on Miller.
  10. LordMondando

Working now, da fuq was that all about.
  11. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

For those experiencing this problem on a persistent basis, run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.