When are we removing maxxes??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LT_Latency, May 3, 2013.

1. Rob2Kx

Too be honest as a TR MAX user I don't find them particularly effective in Biolabs. A smart LA will C4 you pretty fast - lots of high nooks to get bombed from. And the TR AI weapons don't have a high enough TTK to be that effective at that close a range (although I do use Mercies which are terrible right now). I tend to see a lot more MAX success around small outdoor bases and towers.
    • Up x 1
  2. OddChelsea

"When are they going to dumb down the game even more? It's not quite CoD yet." Fixed the title for you.
    • Up x 3
  3. Ash87

Yeah... our TR maxes are rather awesome.
    • Up x 3
  4. Krayus_Korianis

Sounds like a lot of whine coming from you... Clearly you don't understand the importance of a MAX, but yet accept a OHK weapon that takes zero skill as OK. People like you dumbed this game down a lot from what it once was, and of course, Higby has to agree with you guys, because you're what "MLG" is about...

CoD kids, god I hate them.
    • Up x 3
  5. AwakenRiceball

Maxes are op'ed lol what?

- You have Rockets
    - You have Claymores/Bouncing Betties (Great for Nano/Kinetic Builds)
    - You have C4 (I freaking love it, one c4, shoot a few rounds and dead)
    - You have AV Mana Turret, shoot that damn thing
    - Vehicles
    - Concussion Grenades (Works like a charm)
    - Flash Bangs (Great for LA)
    - Smoke Grenades

Ever heard of Teamwork or using other alternatives to kill Maxes? It's not that hard.
    • Up x 5
  6. Jkar

Like I said, you obviously haven't played a MAX with their most accurate weapons like the Blueshift of Mercy on both arms, or hell even an NC MAX with slugs. They do require aiming, quite a lot actually.

The bottom line however is that MAX units are specialized. If they use an AI loadout they are about as effective against infantry as a HA with an LMG but without grenades, rocket launchers or other added utility, only raw HPs. MAX units are one trick ponies that are only somewhat good at one role but suck at everything else. Regular infantry has a lot more options to deal with the situation at hand. As a MAX with AI loadout you can only turn tail or die when a vehicle or air show up. Heck you even have to turn tail as AI MAX if you encounter infantry at long range.

People really need to step outside of their little boxes and see the big picture, MAX units specialize at one thing to be good at it and suck at everything else. Pilots cry when they get shot down by dedicated AA MAX units, infantry cries when they get killed by dedicated AI MAX units and I suppose soon tank drivers will cry about dedicated AV MAX units. Don't just run head first and without a plan into your dedicated counter and expect to live.
    • Up x 2
  7. LT_Latency

Very wrong, Please explain how the max requires any skill. Even if you are aimming at heads, The guns are built to spray, They don't go on target like normal guns

If you look at them they target rec-tile is set up to spray with exteme low skill cap
    • Up x 2
  8. Onetoo

Oooooh, I get it.. your making a joke because cool-down timers already exist. Nice one, Walrusjones.
    • Up x 1
  9. OddChelsea

Go play max then if it's so easy. There's not a thing I relish seeing more than an unskilled max that isn't on my side, nothing. Everything requires skill to use effectively, though not the same amount.
    • Up x 1
  10. LT_Latency

I have the guns are not built to require heavy aimming, it's the reason they don't kill like other infantry guns. They spray and pray using heavy hp to make up for it
    • Up x 1
  11. OddChelsea

So your solution is to remove variety from the game. So you're making the game less about combined arms and more about straight up infantry, hence dumbing it down and my CoD comment.
  12. LT_Latency

If have more classes that require skill is a result of that yes.

Having powerclass that being spam with low skill cap is not good.

At least retune them so we are not just roll our faces on the keyboard every time when do close combat fighting
  13. Jkar

Care to elaborate which MAX guns you tested so we can get an idea about what you think and what most MAX users actually use. If it was the default weapons then guess what, most serious MAX users don't use those.

I don't know about you, but I've come face to face with a lot of MAX units so far as regular infantry and came out on top a few times. I even danced with scat maxes in shotgun / melee range and took them down with just my LMG by dancing around them or just gunned them down by staying outside of their effective range. If you can't even do something like that then you're certainly not in a position to complain about the game having a low skill cap, as you obviously haven't reached the cap yet.

There are a few things that will kill a MAX in one shot or make him a sitting duck. C4 can kill most MAX units, a Decimator to the face is instant death, concussion grenades really mess up your day to just give you a few hints. Also, this isn't a solo game a MAX needs support to be really good. I hope your next thread won't be complaining about not being able to go toe to toe with a tank and coming out on top.
  14. Badname0192

That's what I read.
    • Up x 1
  15. Marinealver

NEVER

does that answer your question?
  16. Badname0192

I rarely die to PA due to having an attention span.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bape

I doubt you rarely die to PA in tower or anywhere actually because if they are close it basically over unless they have butter fingers.
    • Up x 1
  18. wingspan

It has other non-trivial drawbacks. Speed, for one. Vulnerability to explosives a big second.

Kite them and use explosives. Otherwise, apply gun from a suitable distance.
  19. Dreadnaught Wrex

If you want to talk about MAX balance and such, come to the MAX subforums. We already have threads on balancing MAXes and we enjoy any suggestions as long as they are sane.
  20. Dreadnaught Wrex

As someone who mains the MAX class I can say... any joe shmow can grab a dual AI MAX and score a few kills. But then they tend to die after the 3rd kill. The MAX requires skill to postion itself right, adjust the CoF at distances, know when to get the hell out of dodge, move your body into the right angle to protect your engineer, fight other MAXes, adjust for the many exsplosive threats coming your way. If you are a good MAX player you can literally lock down a tower with the help of an engineer, but any good force is going to call out your position and target you for destruction quickly. Several times in my outfit I will hear "MAX on A point, ___ engineers." Followed shortly by one of two responses. "MAX is down, point secure." or "Wrex and Shred, get your ***** up there."

The MAX is a very hard class to play if its your goal to only play it. Given that you are at least twice as big of a target as any infantry and your guns arent that good at range. MAXes are support to be room pushers and room clearers when supported right. They are the spearhead of an assualt and what makes this game stand out. If it wasnt for the MAX class I would have left the game by now.
    • Up x 2