TR Fracture - the new scatmax?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Onyxinator, May 3, 2013.

1. Onyxinator

Just as the thread name suggests. It would seem the new Anti-Vehicle weapon that TR gets, the Fracture, is absurdly effective against infantry as it is. And while it is supposed to be armor-piercing dart, it is an actual splash-damage missile that can mow down infantry at any range. I am shocked there has been no discussion about this, seeing as Vanu got a genuine anti-vehicle-only weapon with 0 splash damage, measly damage vs infantry and requires charge-up. TR on the other hand gets to happily spam super-fast firing Comet-like guns with a predictable and light arc drop.
    Are this weapons not supposed to be anti-vehicle instead of anti-everything-that-moves?
    • Up x 4
  2. Mastachief

Needs a nerf.
    • Up x 2
  3. MrDerpAssault

I can predict what SOE will do from my experience with new updates. On the first day, everyone will spend a lot of SC on the new weapon. Lastly, within 24 hours, the new weapon will be hit with the old nerf bat and nerfed into oblivion. The End.

Is my prediction right?:cool:
  4. Terrahero

Dual fracture can kill infantry, but its not very easy to hit especially not at close range. Two dual-hits leaves the target with a little bit of health left, the splash damage is very weak so you need direct hits. This is really not even different from the Pounder, i can kill infantry with that with 2 dual-hits. It deals slightly more damage direct damage then the Fracture with a bigger splash. Downside is a smaller clipsize and a steeper drop-off arch on the Pounder.
    But the Pounder is still surprisingly accurate and usefull in attacking infantry over range. I personally wouldnt rate the Fracture as being better at it.

But comparing Fractures to a scatmax is absurd and sensationalistic. It is no where near that strong, and much harder to hit with at such close range.
    Besides, doesnt the Vortex hurt for more? Ive had my MAX get wrecked with 3 dual-hits, over quite some range, and just the splash(no direct hits). Despite having 2 ranks Flak, reducing splash damage by 20%. I shudder to think what these do against infantry.
    • Up x 3
  5. Onyxinator

Vortex deals almost no damage to infantry. Regardless of charge level. Fracture can kill effectively at any range, maybe except melee range, where you get to use 1hk melee attacks anyway.
    Contrary to the scatmax, the Fracture can decimate entire buildings/rooms/areas from any visible range rather than 12-15 meters in the NC case. Sensationalism aside, splash is actually very strong, spamability is extreme, and now with the upcoming lockdown it is going to get downright silly. Clearly you have not seen what 2-3-4 maxes armed with Fractures deal to any amount of machines or unfortunate soldiers that happen to face them. Something no scatmax could ever hope to achieve. Let alone lolvortex.
    • Up x 5
  6. TeknoBug

Vortex has zero splasy, they only have direct damage and they do very low damage unless triple charged which takes ~4-5 seconds to do each. I'm not impressed with the Vortex, Higby can say L2P all he wants about it (and the Lasher and Lancer).
    • Up x 3
  7. Engine91

I always wonder if anyone who complains ever actually takes the time to test out the "OP" weapon.

The Fracture requires 4 rockets to kill someone (12 for MAX stock). and while they are rockets with splash, I found the splash damage marginal to say the least. firing an entire clip of 20 rockets (10 from each arm) at the feet of a light assault only removed his sheild. torso impacts (actually HITTING him) did the major damage.

Hitting them is also the Hard part. like the NC raven the rocket projectiles are slow compared to bullets from a dedicated AI weapon. so if the target infantry is moving/taking cover (which if it isn't its either AFK or really really stupid) your not going to get all 4 rockets into it easily.

The Fracture like the Raven are balenced just fine.
    • Up x 3
  8. SEMoslaw

No they don't. Most ppl who call for those nerfs are usually noobs or players who try force unneeded nerfs to gain advantage.
    • Up x 10
  9. Dramonicous

I guess I should listen to this ****** post rather than a high BR TR who was dual wielding it...
    He and his outfit had discussed it the evening before and they came to the conclusion that it was OP as ****.

The gun has no weaknesses, its excellent against all targets.
    Meaning it kills infantry, light vehicle, heavy vehicle and even air (with some practice).

Its effectively a VS comet but with a magazine 5 times as big, and faster velocity too.

Meanwhile VS get a Lancer clone, which was completely uncalled for. Why the **** would I wanna use it when I have lancer on my HA? If you use DW vortex and charge both to lvl 3 then they do about 5-10% more damage than a single Lancer lvl 3 shot. Why the hell should I bother with that?
  10. curly

Scatmax was 'insta-kill'. Fractures are not.

It's not the splash that does the damage, it's direct hits.

Pounders and falcons have been able to do this since launch. The reason you're seeing this more is because the fractures don't suffer from the convergence bug currently gimping the pounders.
    • Up x 2
  11. TeknoBug

Fractures don't kill infantry as fast as Falcon, Raven and Comet do, dual Raven and Comet 1 hits infantry while it takes 2 shots from each Fracture arm to kill an infantry. The Falcon travel time is slow that I've seen some infantry dodge them, even at close range... lol
    • Up x 1
  12. Narfwak

Basically this. The fracture also has very high round velocity so it's possible to land those direct hits. You still have to have damn good snap accuracy to land two to four volleys at close range against a skilled heavy, as a missed shot does little more than throw particle effects in their face and shake their aim a bit.

If anything the other two should get buffed. The VS weapon should charge faster, and the NC weapon should have higher round velocity, turn speed and refire rate. If you want to increase the cost of pulling a MAX on top of that then by all means do so. I've always thought 80 resources was comically cheap especially considering how insane the resource gain is for someone with alpha squad and premium.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dreadnaught Wrex

Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha..... wait your serious? hahahahahahaha. Because that 25 splash damage with an insanely small AoE is OP right? Right.... you have to get 4 direct hits to kill someone which is harder than it seems. It doesnt mow down infantry, just because you were killed from a fracture doesnt mean they are OP. They are much like the bursters, they are okay versus infantry but they are no substatute to AI weapons. Now quit your QQing and man up.
    • Up x 1
  14. Phrygen

ravens are better against infantry.
    • Up x 1
  15. Rob2Kx

Someone's been reading Hyperbole for Dummies.
    • Up x 1
  16. BadLlama

You are doing this wrong, you are supposed to be whining about the Ravens right now.
    • Up x 1
  17. TeknoBug

No it do less damage than Lancer, only time it does more is with dual arms.
  18. Badname82

The fracture ***** my father and murdered my mother. True story.
  19. Bape

No they aren't it easier to hit with fracture then the raven you gotta be an idiot max if you actually waste you're time on a moving infantry. However I believe the fracture are not OP and i died to it.
  20. Phrygen

i meant the blast radius to my understanding