NC - Best overall Engineer Weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by OMPgaming, Apr 20, 2013.

1. OMPgaming

I'm new to playing NC and haven't been able to find a good weapon for my engineer. Anyone have any recommendations?
  2. Armchair

AC-X11 is good at its long-mid range niche. (cert purchase cost is cheap but you'll have to sink a few hundred certs into upgrading it)

GD-7F is amazing at CQC and mid range.

Piston and claw are superb at CQC.
  3. OMPgaming

Thanks for the info!
  4. Armchair

Another weapon I forgot to mention was the gauss-compact S. Stat-wise, it is a slightly worse version than the Mercenary (the default NC carbine for engineers/LA's. The mercenary is actually a solid gun).

The -S weapons can equip unique underbarrel attachments such as the grenade launcher, smoke grenades, and the under-barrel shotgun.

Engineers get around the limited ammo supply problem.

Ever since the MASSIVE undocumented projectile drop increase from this early spring, I can not recommend getting this weapon for the fragmentation grenades. The smoke grenades are useful and the underbarrel shotgun is capable of a 1-hit-kill.

A word of warning. The under-barrel attachments occupy slot-2 for your inventroy. So if you want to equip your pistol, you have to select slot 3. Do you want to quickly repair that max? Select your repair tool....but which slot is that? Normally that is slot 3, but slot 3 is your sidearm if you have the -S. Hopefully you don't accidentally nail that max with one of those brand new NS revolvers.

Some friends of mine recommend the NS-11C.....but I don't really share their opinion. The NS-11C isn't a bad weapon, it's just a bland one. It has good stats all around, but it doesn't really excel anywhere.

Be sure to try weapons in the VR room and take advantage of the 30-minute trial system to give weapons a test run in the field. I would definitely look into the GD-7F if you notice that you spend most of your time playing engineer/LA. That thing is a beast and is loved by many players. Personally, my most used carbine is the AC-X11....but that is a gun that you either love or HATE HATE HATE.
  5. Bhudda V1

the merc is a very solid weapon all around, I used mine for ads 9 times out of 10 and hip fired when something was WAY too close alot of the other weapons specialize in something like the other guys said, the gd-7f is a 845rpm gun that dumps the mag faster than you can reload it and it's got good hip fire out of the box and with a advanced laser it get's nasty, but don't expect to be taking on anything farther than 15 meters reliably without pulling up your sights, that's how every gun except the default weapons in general roll, it's great at 1 thing, maybe OK at another, but is bad at the third, while the defaults are ok to good at all things, they really are some of the best weapons the defaults.
  6. LibertyRevolution

GD-7F without a doubt. Ammo is a non issue on a ENG..
    I got the AC-X11 first, it shoots way to slow... It will get you dead 9/10 times in CQC.
    I have not used my AC-X11 since I got the GD-7F.. The GD-7F is really that much better..
    Go trial the GD-7F.
    • Up x 2
  7. Slaidd

I certed out my AC-X11 with comp/adv. grip/HVA and it's my go to ENG weapon. Personally, I like the 200/round damage. I just find for me, its the best medium and greater range weapon I've tested. When I'm looking at CQC I switch out to either a Piston w/extended mag or a Blitz with adv. laser. Seems to be a pretty good combo and works for me.
    • Up x 1
  8. Frosty The Pyro

I still like the underbarrels grenades even with their high gravity. plenty of times were you just need to make a doorway explode repeatedly.
  9. Armchair

The grenades are indeed still potent, I just think that it is ridiculous having to aim so far above targets that the crosshairs long ceased being useful and that I'm lucky if the impact site isn't a few inches off the bottom of my screen.
  10. CanadianAttackBeaver

Some people love the GD-7F as you've seen, but don't discount the NS-11C if that flavour of weapon is to your taste. The NS-11C has a slower rate of fire, but a larger magazine. It also has more flexibility in ammo types.

My favourite is the AC-X11 for mid to long range, with advanced foregrip, compensator, high velocity ammo and depending on range, 4x, 2x or 1x nightvision
  11. Koldorn

There are three major points to the NS-11C that a lot of people overlook; but make an unbelievable impact in game.

1. .75X movement speed while ADS.
    -All carbines in game (minus two on the TR side) have a standard movement while aiming speed of 50%. The NS only reduces your movement to 75%, akin to SMGs.

2. It pulls Left.
    -The recoil of the gun pulls left. Personally? I'm a lefty. Right-pull weapons do not function well for me, they just don't. I can put all 35 rounds into a head at 50m with a left pull weapon; would be lucky to hit the body with 5 rounds total with a right pull.

3. Reload speed.
    -The short reload is less then 2 seconds. For any non-VS; this is a very very quick reload. VS players will see this as a norm as a couple of the carbines are 1.65s short reload. However; the long reload is just a hairline over 2 seconds, so the gun is very forgiving if in the heat of the moment you hold the trigger to long.

4. Bonus round:
    -Attachments attachments attachments. Generally speaking, only one carbine per faction is able to access all (non underbarrel)
    addons. Forward grip, compensator, 2x reflex or HS/NV; optional HV ammo / softpoint depending on situation. You will be threading needles with the weapon's negligible recoil. The only hard 'downside' to the weapon is the fire rate; and even then it is not completely terrible.
    • Up x 1
  12. Boozsha

Valid points, I'm going to have to trial this one. I really like point number one, when playing my vanu heavy assault I always gravitate to the orion and SVA-88 because of this. I've missed this on the NC carbines never thought to look at it on the NS.
  13. Fish225

I've been using the GD-10 for close range and NS-11C for larger bases. I'll even use the NS-11C in close range sometimes. Both may not be the best of the best, but they are my preferred weapons and I do good with them. :p
  14. smoke eater

I use the default gauss with 1.5 an 4x scope. Forward grip etc. I`ve demo`d other weapons in VR and attachments. I do get killed a lot but with the right cover and area`s, the default does the job.
    My main objective is not killing, I repair and supply ammo, I set mines where the enemy will hopefully run over them. The default gun works well enough for me, in CQC I can always switch to the pistol.
  15. lilleAllan

The Merc is good at mid range with a foregrip.
    The GD-7F is evil in cqc with laser sight.
  16. JudgeDreddy

I run Acx-11 6x/grip/comp/hvr outside or sometimes reflexr with silencer/grip. I also have been really digging the GD-23 with night vision scope and can put down several targets with a clip of it cause the dmg is pretty high and recoil is fairly low, it also has great velocity so it is very versatile. I've been using the Warden post buff a lot more and have been dropping targets much more often, rather than being an assist machine. Cyclone or Mauler inside if really nutty though, but at that point I'll often go LA
  17. Fang7.62

GD-7F is classic TR-like bullet vomit gun good for close range, got a lot of kills with it, but I just dont like that style of gunplay, so I'm looking elsewhere too. The -S with smoke launcher looks actually pretty good for engie at least with my graphic settings it makes one effing big cloud of smoke, unlike the vehicle mounted smoke (lol really SOE). I dont think it breaks lockons but still it would save you a lot of trouble if you pop it infront of whatever you are repairing, back up a little bit and keep repairing in (visual) cover.
  18. EngiNC

The Gauss Compact S you mean? I agree that it is very appealing with those under-barrel attachments. Unfortunately I never enjoyed the gun itself.

Also, I don't know if it is a bug, but yesterday night in the VR I have found the Gauss Compact Burst WITH all the under-barrel grenade options available. I'm thinking about leaving the mercenary for that gun.
  19. Fang7.62

I've read somewhere that some of the attachments in VR are bugged - shouldnt be available for that gun yet they are in VR. So watch out for that before you spend SC/certs and look them up in wiki/trial them.
  20. EngiNC

Don't worry: I love this game, but not so much to throw away Station Cash :D