NC - Best overall Engineer Weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by OMPgaming, Apr 20, 2013.

1. CompletelyDeadCoyote

If realy, the default gun is pretty good as it is. Gauss Compact S is a nice toy, but i don't recomend it. It's good, but not best for anything. Thoug, i personaly use it, but only becourse i was too impatient to grind on a better gun. Warden is emn... questionable, but in case long range gunfights it helps. Though, even while playing with av-turret, it's common to find yourself in cqc, than in long range fights. So GD-7F or shootguns, i guess, are the best choсe.
  2. Bill Hicks

Right now its the ac x 11. Its the only gun that can kill very quickly. The gd -7 f nerf made it pointless.
  3. lilleAllan

razor / merc
    • Up x 1
  4. MrDerpAssault

Imo, Gauss compact S is the most adaptable carbine in the NC arsenal, which makes it ideal for all situations. Although it's a straight downgrade of the mercenary (slightly lower rof), the numerous attachments and the ability to attach the UBGL makes it the best weapon for NC LAs and engies for all ranges.

If you're going to fight in CQC situations, choose a shotgun (I don't recommend GD-7F since it got nerfed in GU08, plus, other classes except infiltrator and max can also use the shotgun you purchased), and if you're going to fight mid-range, choose the razor or the ACX-11.
  5. issuemanthingguy

get the razor. its cheep its great its IMO, a good all around carbine. even with out the compesator you an use a 2x reflex amazingly! and the hip fire isn't TOO bad so its all around great
    • Up x 1
  6. Ryekir

Razor GD-23 is my favorite all-purpose engineer weapon. With a 2x reflex, compensator, and forward grip, it is accurate and manageable at long ranges, still works well up close, and has a very short reload time.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xenocidal

I dont like the GD-7F very much. For close range I think the Blitz or a Shotty is much better. The shotty still does good dmg despite the recent nerf you just have to make sure and get close enough to catch em with as many pellets as possible. The 50 round clip in the Blitz makes up for the slightly less dmg it does than the GD-7F and I believe the rate of fire is just as fast. I like to use the advanced laser sight with the Blitz and you can just spam bursts from the hip at medium distance and kill people fairly well. I also recently picked up the compact-s and the smoke and grenade launchers, and they are a lot of fun to play with! The grenade launcher reminds me a lot of the Thumper from PS1, minus the ability to use different grenades. My best advice is try em out in the VR zone and see which suits your playstyle best.
  8. Liewec123

i'm a blitz fan, with adv laser sight it DESTROYS things in cqc without the need of ever looking down the sights,
    plus all classes can use it so you can have some infiltrator fun :)
  9. HerpTheDerp

Gauss Compact S with nade launcher, compensator, NV.

You are the locksmith
  10. Rikkit

i use the compact s with the 4x scope, and the nade launcher. and then sometimes i use a silencer or flash suppressor.

i use the 4x scope, so that i am able to spot the tanks far away, when i operate in my av turret

often you have to defend a doorway, or the ennemy have to go around a corner. that are the moments for using den nade launcher. it is devasting
  11. Messaiga

The Compact S will probably work best for you. Although it is a slight downgrade to the Mercenary stat-wise, the attachments it can get make up for what it lacks when you first unlock it. The Compensator, 1x Reflex, Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher, and High Velocity Ammo are what I find to be best for this Carbine as it helps to extend it's range and gives you a fun little tool to make use of when you just need to blow the sh*t out of things. I call it my Mini-Mortar since it is the closest thing we have to a ranged explosive.
  12. Takoita

You can always check possible attachements by clicking on the weapon's cert tree - it will unfold even if the gun itself is still locked.
  13. Soporific

I'm partial to the Warden w/LACO 3.4 scope, high velocity ammo, and all the stuff to keep it the most stable when firing. It can hit TR and VS snipers from the same range they are trying to snipe me. It takes some practice but I use it almost exclusively.
  14. Kodaa

There is literally no reason to ever use the Warden with the game's current first-shot recoil mechanics.
  15. Soporific

What weapon would you suggest then to replace it?

~S
  16. Kodaa

The AC-X11, hands down. Guaranteed to serve you better at any range. It'll still suck in CQC, but not nearly as much as the Warden.
  17. Nesdam1981

I can't find the AC-X11 in the weapons list. Where can i find it?
  18. Torok

Man i love the Razor on my Engie, i'd pull the engie only for the Razor lately

it's cheap, deals incredible damage for it's accuracy and is viable at every range, don't hipfire if you're using compensator though.
    oh and the Reload speed is the fastest on all NC carbines

it's an amazing gun

agree with the GD-7f being useless, but the AC-X11 isn't as good as the Razor either, lower rof and higher recoil, and lower reload speed, the damage doesn't make up for the smaller clip either, try it out yourself :D
  19. Belqo

Whats's the best weapon for TR Engi? ty :)