mercy nerfed, how about you nerf what really needed it?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Malishan, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Taiji

If you wanted to be ignorant about the differences (or do the job as badly as SOE did with PAs, for example) then yes; they would be the same.
  2. Patrician

But it's not misrepresenting your view, you stated in the above quote that you don't accept that the DPS of the NC AI Max is acceptable at any range did you not?
  3. Goretzu

I'm not being "ignorant", we just seem to have very, very, very different definations of the same thing.

VS and TR AI weapons are the same, not exactly, precisely, completely, the same, but they have no real differences in function or form for that matter.

Same as with Carbines, LMGs etc.
  4. Taiji

No, I clearly didn't. You can't cut a sentence in half and say that's what I mean. English doesn't work that way.

So you don't want them to be exactly the same then, and yet that's exactly what you were saying you wanted.

And BTW you've just done what I've just slapped Patrician's wrist for (in pink text, no less!):

I said you were being ignorant of something specific. Not generally ignorant. If I was calling you generally ignorant then I'd be insulting you. When it's you who apparently likes to see people insulted, as we've already seen, and not me. So you too should stop trying to cut sentences in half, thereby distorting the meaning entirely, because it gets you nowhere. Unless that's all you're here for: To try to disrupt a discussion about the 'OP NC MAX'.
  5. Patrician

6. Taiji

If you won't take my word for it then ask an expert you trust.
  7. Goretzu

I'm not "ignorant" of anything; just because you accuse me of it, doesn't make it so. :)

Any more than repeatedly calling the NC AI MAX "OP" makes it so.

Functionally the same and same in form ~= the same. There might be some minor differences, however in the case of shotgun MAX weapons there won't even be that, are there aren't in infantry shotguns minus the VS lack of bullet drop.
  8. Arkos

Thanks. Umm... I read somewhere though (pre-Mercy nerf), that the TTK on a TR MAX with dual Mercies was around 4.5 seconds (no extended mags or anything). By comparison, dual hacksaw MAX, with the lowest TTk of any scattercannon, has a TTK against another MAX of over 5 seconds without extended mags. Therefore, a 500 cert investment was necessary to bring a hacksaw where it was supposed to be: in the dominant CQC position. 500 certs is not a small amount. That is a problem no matter how you look at it. And even with the old mag sizes the new TTK on dual hacksaw is somewhere around 2 seconds, which is something like slightly less than half a second longer than it used to be.

Oh, and by buff to the TR/VS weapons i didn't necessarily mean a damage upgrade; their weapons are supposed to be much more capable in 10-40ish meter distances, ant they are. Kinda. to get a single kill with dual Mercies at ~25-40m, even after the changes that make them a slightly better midrange weapon (increased bullet velocity), it takes a good half mag from each Mercy. since it only takes 8 or 9 bullets from a Mercy to kill, that means that roughly 1/5 of the bullets on something billed as a decent midrange weapon are hitting. You can do better than that hipfiring a CARV...

So a "better" solution to the question of buffing TR/VS weapons would be to buff their accuracy, not their damage.
  9. Goretzu

SoE basically moved the balance point for NC AI MAX to having 2x extended mags, so there's no real advantage to get them now, but rather they just mitigated the serious disadvantages of not having them versus other MAX (who are balanced without extended mags).
  10. Taiji

Yeah, that made sense to me - buffing the accuracy - the increased bullet speed has helped loads on the Mercy.

BTW at close range the Grinder can almost eliminate 2 enemy MAX units with body shots, without reloading. 2 more shells would theoretically mean 2 dead MAX units, per reload, with body shots.

And it only takes 9 of those shells in the head to kill a MAX, 14 with slugs.

But then with slugs at ~15m the enemy max goes down in a 2x10 round clip, as long as 1 shot hits the head. Well possibly anyway - turns out I couldn't avoid hitting the head with one shot in the short time I spent testing. The TR MAX can probably hit the same TTK at that range though, because the slugs are subject to recoil that makes letting the gun settle pretty essential, and that slows things down a lot.

Also, it's worth considering what it takes to keep a max alive under fire. The NC MAX can charge in and kill my engineer/s first, before killing me. But if I try that vs the NC MAX as a TR MAX I just get killed, so I have to hope he exposes himself. Makes me feel like I'm missing out on the fun somewhat.
  11. Taiji

Giving you the benefit of the doubt; you ****** up comprehending what I've written again.

And again.

You contradicted yourself and now apparently you lie about it.

What is your main character's name? I want to get an idea of how well you perform ingame. Hopefully it will grant you more authority than your forum behaviour is costing you. Because so far it seems you probably have nothing of value to say.
  12. Goretzu

No I haven't your opinion that I am "ignorant" simply doesn't make it so.
    Er.... again no.
    |
    v
    That is exactly what you keep saying, that NC MAX are "overpowered". :confused:
    I'm neither "ignorant" nor "lying" about anything o_O
    If you're just going to attack the poster rather than discuss what I am saying I simply won't engage with it, sorry.
  13. Goretzu

There is no way you're reliably hitting head shots with slugs a 15m.

At 15m with slugs you aim for the center and you may get the odd head shot (or you may miss).

Dual mutilators can potentially kill more than 4 MAXs (with just body shots) with extended mags in 2 x clips.
  14. Taiji

It's your demonstrations of ignorance of a particular thing that make you appear ignorant regarding that thing. That's just how it works, there's no room to argue.

And what prompts that is noticing them being OP for the reasons stated, but then ignored or misunderstood by you.

Yeah, you are both ignorant of the contents of my posts and lying about contradicting yourself. Denying it won't help when it's plain to see.

You won't tell me your ingame name because you expect it to reduce your credibility even further? I guess so.

Again you fail to understand my post and then post something irrelevant.
  15. Kroova

I will be sticking with my Cycler and H3 Pounder for awhile until the nerf/buff circus slows down a bit, haha.

Mercies needed to be adjusted. They were hands down the best option for the TR MAX in pretty much every situation. Instead of buffing the other AI weapons, SOE nerfed the mercy and tweaked the stats on the other weapons. Perhaps this was to compensate for the effects of deploy?

INB4, deploy makes TR Bio Labs uncapturable --> deploy is mega nerfed --> TR players stop using deploy entirely --> TR MAX becomes "UP." --> SOE spins the balance wheel, randomly buffing Deploy and TR MAX AI weapons in conjunction with nerfs to the now "OP" VS MAX --> TR MAX becomes "OP" --> SOE drops the nerf hammer on the TR and VS MAX AI weapons and abilities followed by a sudden buff to the NC MAX's shield. --> SOE buffs all the NC MAX AI weapons --> NC MAX becomes "OP"....
  16. Dragonblood

At range they actually do more damage now, just because of the higher bullet velocity more bullets hit a moving target. Where the nerfed damage really matters is at 5m range, when facing another Max unit.
  17. Goretzu

Again calling me "ignorant" doesn't make it so, any more than repeatedly calling the ScatMAX overpowered makes it so.
    First you say I've "misunderstood" you when you repeatedly say the ScatMAX is "overpowered" and then you yet again say you think they are overpowered. Which is it? :confused:
    Again I am neither "ignorant" nor "lying", just repeating it doesn't make it true.

We differ in our opinions of what is the same, that is neither "ignorant" nor "lies" on my part.
    I won't engage with personal attacks, sorry. :(
    By that do you actually mean "again you post something this is relevent and true and which I have no answer for so there for I must make personal attacks instead"?
  18. Goretzu

Indeed, this was because the TTK was getting on for HackSAW (never mind grinder, scattercannon, mattock) level of TTK at that range.

Clearly it was "overpowered" for a MAX to have that level of TTK at 0-5m and carry that deadiness out to range, hence the nerf.
  19. Goretzu

I'm not convinced that in its current form Lockdown isn't going to lead to more nerfs.

The main reason being that it is again going to push TTKs into 0m ScatMAX territory only it will likely carry those TTKs from 0m to 15+m, far beyond the ScatMAXs low TTK range.

In fact I'm struggling to see how Lockdown can't lead to more nerfs when the TTK is so low in PS2 compared to PS1. :(
  20. Taiji

Fine, I didn't in either case.

This is more 'mistakes' from you.

Doing it in plain view makes it undeniable whether you realise/admit it or not.

You either contradicted yourself or you differ from English. There's no 'wiggle room' here, at all. 'Exactly the same' cannot mean 'the same in some respects'. Just learn it and move on, and you're welcome.

How is it that you know showing us your ingame name is going to result in personal attacks?

Is it a personal attack to point out that you ****** up? It would be a shame for you if you honestly thought so.