MBT health buff. @MHigby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ranik, Apr 25, 2013.

1. fludblud

They should simply revert MBT armour and weaponry to prior nerf levels, times have moved on and there are plenty of counters to MBTs now (and more along the way, harasser and MAX AV weapons come to mind)
    • Up x 1
  2. Torok

we'll see what the new MAX av are capable of, the NC sparrow is dreadful, maybe the MBT resistance buff will also apply to the MAX AV weapons, i hope
  3. Sebastien

Critical Failure by me
    Either way a 20% buff won't help for most
    Hellfire Pods on rear armor will jump from 1.4s to 1.8s
    Breaker Pods on rear will jump from 1.65s to 1.925s
    I have no idea for Photon Pods, the ingame RPM says 60,000. I know it's lower than then the Mosquito and higher than the Reaver. RPM on PS2Calc looks like an average as well.
    However, the Vanguard with shield popped will be able to survive an ESF attack from the rear, so long as the pilot misses one rocket.
    • Up x 2
  4. vrcarnage

Lol if they are hover spamming then obviously the person using the tank is not skilled imo.

I have never been killed by an esf from a rear attack. I have been killed by esf's (multiples) but not one hitting me from the back. I think any goofy tanker that does not pay attention to surroundings deserves what he/she gets.

C4 / mines / rockets / esf it does not matter. It's no different then me farming the snot out of the goofy infi / tanks w/ a wraith. If they are goofy enough to let me sit there until I run out of ammo... they get what they get.

Someone going into hover mode means they have come to a crawl and are ez exp and if that esf went to hover to spam the back of a tank lol.... then that tank deserves to die.

I can see the possible argument about an stealth esf doing a fly by strafe run and killing you (even though as soon as you hear the esf you should be on the look out) but, other then that someone getting killed by hover spam is just funny to me.
  5. bobzebrick

The medic and engi get some of the most accurate / highest ROF weapons in the game. The guns they get are better than the lmgs IMO. Also yeah may you have a sundy up, but how often do they last? How far do you have to run when you re-spawn? Is it being camped by lolpodders? It's much better running self sufficient squads who if they lose their sundy they can just hack a terminal, get a new one, revive everyone and move out. Once again stop playing so 1 dimensionally, they are far from useless you are just not taking advantage of it.
  6. hostilechild

However i still get hit in the face while running at 200m+ by lightnings and tanks(flak5 so i know they hit me dead on). Yesterday one killed me as i ran to the edge of a cliff, like he had dam Jedi power to see in the future and predicted i would be there. Died as i got the first glimpse of him. Even been shot out of the air while using a LA jetting around. (I still see a lot of HE on the TR side).

More hp was more the right step. 20% seems about right, 1 more rocket, and maybe more than a couple tank mines, doubtful it will survive 2 c4s.
  7. Aesir

Let's see... 4000 Health is the MBT health now, if they buff it by 20%, that's 800, meaning 4800 Health. Now how much does his exactly help.

They must have thought about the Empire Dumbfire launchers, seems to be their "benchmark" for TTK. Let's take a Prowler/Magrider, they have 55% resistance to the front, 50% to the sides/top.

A Shrike/ML-7/S1 deals 1700 raw damage, that's 850 damage to the sides, this would be 6 shoots needed to kill a Prowler/Magrider through the sides, instead of 5.

The front damage is 765 through the resistance, meaning 7 shots instead of 6.

Now the rear ... instead of 1700 damage those Launchers deal 2040 to the rear, meaning you will survive 2 rear shots!

How does higher resistance from Armor Upgrades factor into this ...

Front - 8 instead of 7
    Sides/Top - 8 instead of 7

Now the Vanguard with it's higher resistance ...

Front - 8 instead of 7
    Sides/Top - 7 instead of 6

Now Vanguard with upgrades

Front - 9 instead of 8
    Sides/Top - 8-9(you will probably burn to death) instead of 7

Are you seeing the trend here? A deci kinda negates some of this bonuses, but the Tanks are better armored than Sundy's with full Blockade Armor ...
    • Up x 1
  8. Torok

no, the explosion radius and damage was just too good vs infantry, a few other weapons instead didn't need such a nerf, like the Bulldog.
    Tanks are fine right now, but with new AV weapons coming in with GU08 this buff is needed to for the balance, and the esf damage was out of scale aswell.

my opinion with 125 hours and 5k kills as a Broken Vanguard driver
    nah the vanguard shield won't make you survive the ESF pods because it's actually broken, check my sig link and the videos in it.

i just noticed, you're still failing, you're applying a 20% what? reduction to the Rocket pods damage? what higby said is an OVERALL 20%, it might be a 50% more damage reduction on the rear from rocket pods, and a 5% more on frontal damage, and a 5% more to the side and top, again we don't know how much and on which side of the MBT, don't take this fictional 20% for granted, we don't know yet, it might probably be a specific damage reduction on certain weapons, with different scaling
    i just don't want people to get teased too much or overestimate/underestimate what's going to happen and cry out loud once something gets tweaked and the result is not what they expected, truth be told i might be saying bs aswell
  9. Sebastien

I know it's broken, I've died often because it would deactivate after one shot.
    The test I was calculating was under perfect conditions where the shield isn't bugged, and the pilot lands all his rockets.
  10. Wasdie

I think a 20% health increase is good. Not too much, not too little. 20% should be able to make you take one more AV rocket before burning.
  11. Torok

it's not an health buff HERP DERPPPP
  12. Sebastien

I was applying it to the tanks rear armor. A 0.2 buff would mean 1.2x0.8 (1.2 for the rear armor, 0.8 for the buff) this would give a rear armor value of 0.96.
    I then applied this to the rocket pods, and calculated how many rockets it would take to kill the tank.

Breaker: 635 Modified: 609.6
    Hellfire: 475 Modified: 456
    Photon: 550 Modified: 528

7 for the Breaker
    9 for the Hellfire
    8 for Photon

I then took the RPM of the missile off the in-game stat page (Where it said Photon Pods had an RPM of 60,000)

Breaker: 218RPM 0.275RPS
    Hellfire: 300RPM 0.2RPS

I then multiplied the number of rockets needed by the RPS to find the numbers I previously posted.
  13. Vixxing

its 1 extra rocket round with phoenix/striker but 10 extra with Glancer...
  14. Torok

PSA: THERE IS NO MBT HEALTH BUFF PLANNED, THE THREAD TITLE IS WRONG

on a second thought :D

[IMG]
  15. Ghosty11

Flak Armor working as intended?
  16. SolLeks

IMO, HAs should have to specialize, If they want a LMG, they can not take a large AV weapon, If they want a AV weapon, they have to take a smaller rifle.

I would love to be able to take a LMG + Shotgun, or a SMG + Dessci
    • Up x 1
  17. EaterOfBabies

As someone who retired his tricked out tank out of frustration from invisible AV turret missiles, constant instant kills from rocket pods up my ****, and infantry with more ways to kill me then I can comprehend, I welcome some armor buffs.

However, 20% isn't going to cut it. At best it might lead to more "in the red" situations prior to death, rather then just instant death. But, I guess you need to start somewhere.
    • Up x 2
  18. Wasdie

Health, armor, whatever. As long as it increased the amount of rockets it takes to kill one it's an overall TTK increase. Or are you too caught on semantics to realize that?
    • Up x 2
  19. TomaHawk

Well, they are effective, if they would last a damn in the field. The real problems, imo, are the lack of proper incoming rounds rendering, the invisible AV mana turrets and their invisible rounds, and addition of the stupid fire-around-corners-and-hills-BS Phoenix, ESF rocketpods instagibbing Armor, topped off with a generous helping of XXX people behind all those AV weapons.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ranik

It is an armor buff that is supposed to give 20% more "survivability"

So it is essentially a health buff. Stop whining because of semantics when all the wording comes to mean the same thing.

I guess i should have put "health" into quotes so someone couldn't whine about it :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1