Does anyone else feel cheated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TianRunty, Apr 24, 2013.

1. TianRunty

I signed in today to find my digital armor camo completely changed (with no mention of the change). Now I look like some sort of sparkly xmas present!
    Besides the fact that I no longer match my gun or vehicles, I wanted the old camo not this new shiny version. I might as well wear the standard one and have the wasted SC.
    • Up x 4
  2. Wumpus

Pics or it didn't happen.
  3. Loegi

Looks like it's a bug. It doesn't even resemble "digital" any more.

And, like you said, it's not consistent with the vehicle or weapon camo. Which disappointed me actually, would've liked to see a shiny leather Prowler.
  4. SgtScum

Submit a support ticket. It will either get fixed or they will refund you your $C if you word it nicely.
    • Up x 1
  5. Aegie

I saw a screencap supposedly from someone with this camo in game (i.e. not from the loadout screen) and it does not seem to look so shiny or so bad- but then again I think that TR character had the composite armor so that may have made a difference.

In general though, IMO, yeah, making changes to SC only cosmetic items should be a big no-no. This is not like a typical balance issue where they can justify changes based upon overall gameplay considerations.
  6. Beltway

Yes I feel the same way. I bought 2 sets of this camo for each class (1 weapon 1 armor) and they look idiotic now. Looks like they are wearing leather and sparkles. If I wanted to look like a fairy I would of joined Vanu.

You want pics fine.

This

[IMG]

Used to look like this

[IMG]
  7. Egonieser

Yep, i was surprised too when i logged in earlier to see my engineer's red digi camo being all shiny and smooth, hardly even seeing the pattern on it, just all red and shiny like it's been waxed and polished.
    Though I like it personally, but i don't approve of changing it without any notice.
    • Up x 1
  8. SiosDashcR

But now.. YOU'RE SUPER FAH- BUUUULOUS!
    • Up x 1
  9. Deronok

It's obviously a super-secret Vanu plot to make everyone look spandexy, in an attempt to get more people.
    • Up x 1
  10. Slyguy65

And this is why I liked that "Nerfing of guns paid for by SC is an act of fraud post"

People get what the paid for...but eventually nope.
  11. Thudruckus

As an MMO player for years I'm totally ok with them adjusting and balancing stuff as they go. Cosmetics should obviously never change, especially as they're certs only.

Now, after noticing the digital camo change I though "**** yah, I'll buy this now!". I already own the special nvidia red camo and the alpha squad red camo so the regular Digital was a pretty ****** red camo in comparison. Once this happened, it was different, so I got it.... for 1000SC. I bought it specifically because it looked the way it does, if they revert it I don't ******* want it.

As soon as they figured out it was wrong they could have taken it off the store. I've purchased a bug, that's a new one.
  12. Thudruckus

Cosmetics and guns have zero to do with each other. Guns have major impacts on gameplay. Cosmetics don't. Sure, good Camo may help at a distance or equipped in a fully stealth loadout.. but you sure as hell don't buy a red camo to blend in.

Game affecting stats will always change, it's called an MMO. A game that's changing and evolving. Just like every other mmo on the planet.
  13. MGP

First. It's a bug and RadarX already told what it will be fixed soon.
    Second. Well... i kinda like how it looks now.
  14. Thudruckus

The problem is you need to put your settings on ultra. **** looks awesome. 10x better than before.
  15. Crazy Airborne

[IMG]

looks great on a HA with comp armor, not so much on the other classes. Looks like red leather on them.
  16. RF404

I'm really curious of how they managed to make the digital camo look like this.

What could they possibly have changed to get the side-effect of a red/black speckled texture turning glossy red?
  17. DramaticExit

How high is your gamma? Jeeze... Do you even notice night time in game?
  18. Beltway

I don't know why it came out so bright. All of my settings are default and graphics quality is up to ultra.
  19. Kastrenzo

red/blue/purple camo always looked bad anyway. the only thing I could stand to use it on was weapon camo.

I think I have Digital Camo for the TR soldier though, Ill have to check this out, I never use it so I didnt notice it

EDIT: Dear god in heaven...

it actually lags me just to render it, and I run on to-the-pins' ultra. that's saying something

also, this is clearly a bug. not intended.
  20. DramaticExit

Fair enough.