So how long before lockdown gets nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrv, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phazaar

Tbh, this is more like the removal of all OTHER classes, and having a 'Round Timer' of 10 minutes each time you die.
  2. Aegie

Or perhaps just fire a lot slower- like a lot.
  3. Grotpar

So that's why MAX anti infantry weapons were nerfed across the board.
  4. Aegie

Or aircraft TTK on MBTs?
    • Up x 1
  5. Deronok

Oh dear god...

I am going to rake in -so- many max kills with C4 once this releases.

They've also already said these aren't the final damage values, as someone else in this thread had stated. Reading and looking up actual information on something before freaking out is hard, I know. The grenades as they are, are placeholders to likely test animations/the model itself.
  6. Aegie

idk, seems like it would be very useful in the range AV suppression role- but you are right, not the kind of thing you want to get too comfortable with when enemy infantry is around.
  7. Phazaar

Completely agreed with the OP. Beyond how much stronger this makes Bursters, the simple fact that both the TR and VS get to boost their offensive power as AA, whilst the NC do not get anything that even begins to affect their AA potential, is ridiculous. They need to make these abilities affect AI only.

You can't have it both ways. If we didn't whine until it was released, you'd be in here telling us it's been on the test server for weeks and we should have voiced our opinions earlier. Exactly the same as happened with the ******** fixed cap times.

The 'wait for it to get released' is only a response to theorycrafting. When it's actually ON the test server and it's complete bull****, NOW'S the time to whine.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kosetzu

This should never reach live... damage nerf or not... The potentional for area denial is way too great alone, and that's not even thinking of the damage potential, nerfed or not.
    • Up x 2
  9. Alox

Engineers will flock around these max units to get weapon reload xp!
  10. Urban_Scorp

And promptly get annihilated by not-so-friendly splash damage.
    • Up x 2
  11. PurpleOtter

[IMG]
  12. Chioxin

Can't wait for the "Friendly Fire" lock downs to begin!
    • Up x 4
  13. Myka

Said it before and I'll say it again - the new MAX abilities should only be able to be used with faction-specific weapons - NOT the NS weapons.

Simple fix that ensures VS/NC air still actually exists after release. If not, it's bye bye air game.
    • Up x 2
  14. Skippytjc

The TR will get these as well. But they will require a 20 second lock on, only have a range of 2 meters, and only cause 5 damage per burst....
  15. Advanced Darkness

Good post i'm glad theyre putting in more faction specific technologies. Stuff like that isnt new and its been tried and tested for years. The problem i see is the player base who thinks its not fair for one side to have different tech than the other.

I'm not part of that player base. I think its great. Now go back and think of a way to defeat that faction specific tech with tech from your preferred faction.

I personally wish they'd add my beloved combat engineering / cloaking back. Thats what i used to take out locked down maxes.. it was very rewarding being the physically weakest and least armored class and single handedly taking out a max.

Heh he shouldnt have been locked down. :D
  16. Aztecoatl

USAS 12 w/ Frags is that you :eek:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  17. Stealth1

Took ~4 months for the NC maxes to get nerfed yeh? That seems fair to me.

Surely it won't be hard to hit an immobile object with all that Phoenix spam from a spawn room 300m away?
  18. Dramma Lamma

The lockdown and all other max abilities should only trigger with their faction specific weapons. Not NS weapons. Impossible to balance if they don't do something like this.
    • Up x 1
  19. nella

Game is getting worse and worse. ESRL, OHK shotguns, this crap, new max abilities, dual wielding LA. What's next, BFR?
    • Up x 1
  20. Backf1re

Lower the ROF by 50% and increase the grenade detonation timer, problem solved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.